Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next five games, what are we thinking? 14:05 - Nov 12 with 2048 viewsSomethingBlue

WBA (a), Millwall (h), Coventry (h), Boro (a), Watford (h)

Next block of five takes us up to the Norwich/Leeds/Leicester showdowns so it's an appropriate chunk to assess.

Another run of three away, two at home and I'll be particularly interested to see how our away form holds up. It's been incredible but half our away games have been against the current bottom four. Visiting a competent and solid WBA who look like play-off contenders will test our mettle; Boro are clearly much better than their position and can unseat anyone, perhaps the Carrick-McKenna factor is a bit of a leveller there tho; Watford are currently in form and look like one of the teams lower down who can come through and challenge the top six.

You'd want us to win those two home games but, as we've seen, there'll doubtless be iffy moments and Coventry in particular have real firepower if things click for them on the day.

I think maybe something like this, tho we might drop another point in one of the aways:

WBA – draw
Millwall – win
Coventry – win
Boro – lose
Watford – draw

Eight points, which would make 47 from 21 games. I'd take that.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Next five games, what are we thinking? on 14:11 - Nov 12 with 1977 viewsParisBlue

And can Morsy avoid 2 more yellow cards and so be available for Norwich.

He's going to miss 2 games at some point soon.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Next five games, what are we thinking? on 14:15 - Nov 12 with 1937 viewsSitfcB

WBA – L
Millwall – W
Coventry – W
Boro – D
Watford – D

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Next five games, what are we thinking? on 14:15 - Nov 12 with 1930 viewsFtnfwest

west brom is all i'm thinking about
Next five games, what are we thinking? on 14:16 - Nov 12 with 1928 viewsSitfcB

Next five games, what are we thinking? on 14:11 - Nov 12 by ParisBlue

He needs 3 more. You just know he’ll miss Norwich and Leeds.

COYB

Next five games, what are we thinking? on 14:18 - Nov 12 with 1902 viewsSheffordBlue

Next five games, what are we thinking? on 14:11 - Nov 12 by ParisBlue

Probably the optimum time for him to pick up his 2 game suspension would be getting a yellow at the Leicester game. That would see him miss QPR and Stoke which take place before Luongo then departs from the Asia Cup.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Next five games, what are we thinking? on 14:18 - Nov 12 with 1893 viewsHerbivore

15 points, 15 goals.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Next five games, what are we thinking? on 14:23 - Nov 12 with 1836 viewsSitfcB

Next five games, what are we thinking? on 14:18 - Nov 12 by Herbivore

15 points, 15 goals.

Only 15 goals?

COYB

Next five games, what are we thinking? on 14:23 - Nov 12 with 1830 viewsJakeITFC

I think WBA and Boro have potential to be away losses (and probably Leeds too), however I really do fancy us to beat everyone at home at the moment to compensate for it.

FWIW, Leeds have sticky away games at Blackburn and Sunderland in that period (as well as Boro at home) so I don’t think it’s a given that the gap will close massively even if we do come unstuck a bit. I’d really start to believe if we enter 2024 in the top two and as the weeks go by that seems like more probable than not.
Login to get fewer ads

Next five games, what are we thinking? on 14:28 - Nov 12 with 1762 viewsHerbivore

Next five games, what are we thinking? on 14:23 - Nov 12 by SitfcB

Only 15 goals?

Yeah, trying to be cautiously optimistic rather than going too over the top.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Next five games, what are we thinking? on 14:36 - Nov 12 with 1664 viewsle2blue

Wes and Brandon back after the international break, 2 weeks of McKenna working to iron out some kinks and come up with some tweaks to our tactics. I think we will do well in the next block - I fancy a 1-0 win at West Brom, don't fear any of the others so win those, suspect a draw at Boro.
Next five games, what are we thinking? on 14:48 - Nov 12 with 1600 viewsLankHenners

As we all know it can be tricky to predict too far ahead in this league as a lot of teams can go from looking imperious to vulnerable and vice versa over the space of a few games. On paper those games are a pretty good sample of life in the Championship. Hopefully we'll have everyone fit and well and over any knocks/illness by the time of the first game.

Could well lose the first two away games if we have sleepy starts again, and even if not they're tough anyway. West Brom have a lot of experience and Corberan knows how to keep things organised, while 'Boro as you say are a good team, and take the mad 3-3 with Plymouth out they've only conceded once in the league since the start of October. Watford seem a bit erratic but have talented forwards and can look very dangerous at home if they're in the mood. A draw at each would be three very good points.

Have to back ourselves to win the home matches - Millwall will still be in the early stages of evolution under a new manager and hope we can catch them a bit cold and Coventry seem to have lost too many from last season to repeat the trick but still carry a threat. Feel confident we can outscore both of them at PR though.

Get through them unbeaten with 9 points would be a good return but feel we may lose one, probably the West Brom or 'Boro game.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Next five games, what are we thinking? on 14:49 - Nov 12 with 1584 viewsMuncher

13 points, a draw against Boro.
Next five games, what are we thinking? on 15:01 - Nov 12 with 1502 viewsIllinoisblue

Concerned about the next round; Leeds have the early win on Friday night at Rotherham, and Leicester and Southampton have very winnable 3pm games before we play at WBA.

10 pts from 15 would be a great return.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Next five games, what are we thinking? on 15:18 - Nov 12 with 1390 viewsNthQldITFC

Next five games, what are we thinking? on 14:23 - Nov 12 by SitfcB

Only 15 goals?

Yebbut none conceded.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024