Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Carrow Road is falling down” on Saturday was good but… 07:58 - Nov 13 with 7006 viewsCopfordBlue

“Kieran mckenna’s blue and white army, we’re so good it’s unbelievable “ would have been even better and got all 4 stands singing.

Not a criticism, the atmosphere now is great and world’s away from what it was a few years ago.

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

“Carrow Road is falling down” on Saturday was good but… on 08:14 - Nov 13 with 6879 viewshomer_123

Personally I thought the 3pts was the best!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

“Carrow Road is falling down” on Saturday was good but… on 08:38 - Nov 13 with 6794 viewsEssexBloo

What are the words to the new one they sing. Something about we’ve won the cups, we’ve won the league and being the greatest team in football history?
“Carrow Road is falling down” on Saturday was good but… on 08:50 - Nov 13 with 6739 viewsCopfordBlue

“Carrow Road is falling down” on Saturday was good but… on 08:14 - Nov 13 by homer_123

Personally I thought the 3pts was the best!

It’s a sign of how good we are that on a Monday morning when I’m thinking back to the game it’s not even about what happened on the pitch! That’s because - we’re so good it’s unbelievable!

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

I'll get pelters obviously on 09:02 - Nov 13 with 6675 viewsDyland

I can't stand it. Copied direct from the current Man City effort, and another chant about Norwich instead of Ipswich. Lots of (current) chants across most clubs are ubiquitous, unoriginal and rubbish.

As you say though, not a criticism of BA and any other fans who have done an excellent job at ramping up the atmosphere. You can only work with what you've got (football fans). I find it a bit depressing though, feels like we're all part of a big corporate machine doing the same thing. All a bit sheep-like.

Sorry :(

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

“Carrow Road is falling down” on Saturday was good but… on 09:08 - Nov 13 with 6633 viewsWhos_blue

If we could replicate all 4 stands singing "Georgie Burley's blue and white army ITFC" like we did during the late 90s for sometimes up to 20 mins, that would do for me.
Away supporters didn't get a look in.
Electric.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

I'll get pelters obviously on 09:22 - Nov 13 with 6549 viewsWickets

I'll get pelters obviously on 09:02 - Nov 13 by Dyland

I can't stand it. Copied direct from the current Man City effort, and another chant about Norwich instead of Ipswich. Lots of (current) chants across most clubs are ubiquitous, unoriginal and rubbish.

As you say though, not a criticism of BA and any other fans who have done an excellent job at ramping up the atmosphere. You can only work with what you've got (football fans). I find it a bit depressing though, feels like we're all part of a big corporate machine doing the same thing. All a bit sheep-like.

Dont be sorry Bud i'm the same and i will add that i always enjoy supporting our club rather than knocking our rivals .
A bit of it is fine, especially when they are doing sh1t on 09:25 - Nov 13 with 6516 viewsDyland

I'll get pelters obviously on 09:22 - Nov 13 by Wickets

Dont be sorry Bud i'm the same and i will add that i always enjoy supporting our club rather than knocking our rivals .

And of course, if we are playing them (and winning) :)

“Carrow Road is falling down” on Saturday was good but… on 10:35 - Nov 13 with 6290 viewsAlanG296

“Carrow Road is falling down” on Saturday was good but… on 08:38 - Nov 13 by EssexBloo

What are the words to the new one they sing. Something about we’ve won the cups, we’ve won the league and being the greatest team in football history?

I could hear them singing the first line always very clearly many times on Saturday followed by several lines of quieter mumbling. Can't put that down to the acoustics of the stands. Perhaps the club could arrange singing lessons for them.
Login to get fewer ads

“Carrow Road is falling down” on Saturday was good but… on 10:52 - Nov 13 with 6199 viewsBlue_Order

“Carrow Road is falling down” on Saturday was good but… on 08:38 - Nov 13 by EssexBloo

ITFC ITFC
The only team in Anglia with history
We’ve won the cup
We’ve won the league
The finest football team the world has ever seen
Allez allez…
Oh oh oh oh…
I'll get pelters obviously on 11:08 - Nov 13 with 6104 viewsJ2BLUE

The Super Kieran McKenna song is repeated too often IMO.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I'll get pelters obviously on 11:17 - Nov 13 with 6070 viewsBobbychase

It works as a song for Man City ("Old Trafford is falling down") as there have been well-documented issues at Old Trafford under the Glazers - water leaking onto fans when it rains due to stadium crumbling etc. Much as I think Carrow Road is inferior to Portman Road, it's not a true comparison.

Shouldn't grumble when a song takes off and improves the atmosphere but there's no law against coming up with our own chants rather than just ripping ones from other clubs or taking them off "Ultra" channels on YouTube.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

I'll get pelters obviously on 11:23 - Nov 13 with 6006 viewsnorfsufblue

Erm.... here I go again...

We could make " Bringing on back the good times " our own!😉

Please let me get my tin hat on before I get pelters!👍
I'll get pelters obviously on 12:30 - Nov 13 with 5799 viewsStewart27

I'll get pelters obviously on 09:22 - Nov 13 by Wickets

Anti Norwich songs are brilliant and I don’t ever want them not to be. Would be a sad day if it’s frowned upon. I’m not talking about personal songs which attack an elderly lady by the way.

But this particular song is not original so would rather we create our own.
Repeated too often at too many clubs innit on 12:36 - Nov 13 with 5765 viewsDyland

I'll get pelters obviously on 11:08 - Nov 13 by J2BLUE

The Super Kieran McKenna song is repeated too often IMO.

Imho.

Again, worth reiterating this is not a criticism of BA. It's not their fault football fans are identikit divs :)

Orders can add to this... but it must also be difficult to get anything original really going due to the fackin acoustics, grrrr. Yeh, an old stuck record. Never know though, the BA move to Cobbold has deffo started making a difference to getting stuff in unison. On Saturday there were a few moments when the same chant was being sung loudly by different sections out of sync... but I like that, showed there are plenty of pockets in the ground ramping up the atmosphere.

“Carrow Road is falling down” on Saturday was good but… on 15:07 - Nov 13 with 5448 viewslazyblue

Agree, bring it back! Along with a couple of others (retro sings)being discussed elsewhere on this message board.
“Carrow Road is falling down” on Saturday was good but… on 15:52 - Nov 13 with 5336 viewsBrockleyBlue78

“Carrow Road is falling down” on Saturday was good but… on 09:08 - Nov 13 by Whos_blue

If we could replicate all 4 stands singing "Georgie Burley's blue and white army ITFC" like we did during the late 90s for sometimes up to 20 mins, that would do for me.
Electric.

Amen!
I'll get pelters obviously on 16:01 - Nov 13 with 5252 viewshype313

I'll get pelters obviously on 11:17 - Nov 13 by Bobbychase

It works as a song for Man City ("Old Trafford is falling down") as there have been well-documented issues at Old Trafford under the Glazers - water leaking onto fans when it rains due to stadium crumbling etc. Much as I think Carrow Road is inferior to Portman Road, it's not a true comparison.

Shouldn't grumble when a song takes off and improves the atmosphere but there's no law against coming up with our own chants rather than just ripping ones from other clubs or taking them off "Ultra" channels on YouTube.

Agree, I get City chanting it and it's quite comical, Old Trafford is in a bad state, but you can't equate the same to Norwich.

No wonder they kept singing it for ages, hoping the NS would start but it kind fell on deaf ears.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I'll get pelters obviously on 16:02 - Nov 13 with 5230 viewsSteve_M

I'll get pelters obviously on 11:17 - Nov 13 by Bobbychase

Maybe we change it to 'burning down' then....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

“Carrow Road is falling down” on Saturday was good but… on 16:03 - Nov 13 with 5225 viewspointofblue

Another anti-Norwich chant bugged me slightly. Singing it on the 16th December is fine but otherwise much prefer chants which show support for Town rather than taking pot shots at them when they probably won't even hear them.

ETA - Now I've bothered reading the whole thread, realise others have said the same thing.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2023 16:04]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

“Carrow Road is falling down” on Saturday was good but… on 16:04 - Nov 13 with 5221 viewsHerbivore

The only anti-Norwich song we need and should sing is the classic:

My old man said be a Norwich fan,
I said f*** off, boll0cks, you're a c***.

Simple and to the point.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

“Carrow Road is falling down” on Saturday was good but… on 16:06 - Nov 13 with 5207 viewsnorthants

“Carrow Road is falling down” on Saturday was good but… on 09:08 - Nov 13 by Whos_blue

Electric.

I so agree with this!
Great days.....good to have them back!
“Carrow Road is falling down” on Saturday was good but… on 16:13 - Nov 13 with 5149 viewsSteve_M

“Carrow Road is falling down” on Saturday was good but… on 16:04 - Nov 13 by Herbivore

The only anti-Norwich song we need and should sing is the classic:

My old man said be a Norwich fan,
I said f*** off, boll0cks, you're a c***.

Simple and to the point.

What about 'If I had the wings of a sparrow'??

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

“Carrow Road is falling down” on Saturday was good but… on 16:15 - Nov 13 with 5132 viewsHerbivore

“Carrow Road is falling down” on Saturday was good but… on 16:13 - Nov 13 by Steve_M

What about 'If I had the wings of a sparrow'??

I'll allow it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

“Carrow Road is falling down” on Saturday was good but… on 16:38 - Nov 13 with 5048 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Electric.

The ground being smaller at the time, and with us all closer to the pitch in some cases, the noise back in the late 90s and early 2000s was much greater back then, now the acoustics seems to lose much of the singing. If you sit in some parts of the ground, the north and BA are barely audible, which is where the misconception about football in a library comes from, although on Saturday when the Swan started singing that it was while their player had been done for what seemed about 8 or 9 minutes and it had gone quiet because people were bored, not sure what they were wanting us to cheer there!

I did enjoy them singing 1-0 to the sheep shaggers when the went 1-0 up though, love a good old self mocking song! Didn't last long mind!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024