Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
List of unacceptable songs... 10:29 - Nov 30 with 7284 viewsITFC_Forever

..following on from the other thread, let's have definitive list of songs that should be struck off the play list:

- Fashanu song (obviously).
- The famous Norwich City went to Rome to see the Pope (good song ruined by the last bit).
- Any other song that includes Delia being a wh*re or dying. (although the 10 more years bit isn't offensive to her as such).
- **** is a sh**hole and I want to go home (away games).
- Ironic "we've had a shot / got the ball" when we're doing so well in general.
- Norwich City we're coming for you
- We're the left side / right side.

I'm sure there are plenty of others....

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

List of unacceptable songs... on 21:46 - Nov 30 with 1285 viewsthebeat

List of unacceptable songs... on 18:18 - Nov 30 by SheffordBlue

If she's present at the derby then I suspect that chant would meet the same bar as the one that got these two arrested.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/two-fans-arrested-f

If the club try and stop us singing Delia songs on the 16th they are going to piss off a lot of people. She is our rivals owner. She is fair game. Its banter and nothing more.
List of unacceptable songs... on 22:47 - Nov 30 with 1238 viewsPlums

List of unacceptable songs... on 21:46 - Nov 30 by thebeat

If the club try and stop us singing Delia songs on the 16th they are going to piss off a lot of people. She is our rivals owner. She is fair game. Its banter and nothing more.

Sing songs about her ownership by all means - no issue with that whatsoever. The truth is she's currently doing them a lot more harm than good so there's plenty to go at. Bring back the Robert Chase song and exchange Delias name if you want.

But singing misogynistic personal abuse about a woman in her 80s that simply isn't true - it's not banter, it's pathetic.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

List of unacceptable songs... on 22:53 - Nov 30 with 1233 viewsWhos_blue

Seriously though, is calling a woman a whore top bantz?
I've never really understood the point of the song and the end bit ruins a potentially good chant.
If we want to sing a song about our rivals, Hark now here fits the bill perfectly.
Calling a woman a whore? Not so much.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

List of unacceptable songs... on 22:55 - Nov 30 with 1228 viewscressi

70s much worse plane songs IR* songs Harry Robe**s songs don't know why there was trouble.
List of unacceptable songs... on 23:13 - Nov 30 with 1209 viewsgernon

3 pages and counting. Ive been to a lot of grounds like most, and naturally compare each atmosphere to PR.

I wouldn't say the biggest change we need when we're in an unprecedented spell of unbelievable form is fewer songs.
List of unacceptable songs... on 23:42 - Nov 30 with 1162 viewspointofblue

Personal point of view but pro-Ipswich songs, great. All of them.
Anti-Norwich? If just a line in passing, like Hark Now Hear or Singing the Blues, I'm ok with, but full songs (including "What do you think of ****?") when Town are doing so well at the moment? Well, never going to stop them I guess, but I don't like them personally.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

List of unacceptable songs... on 01:07 - Dec 1 with 1118 viewslizzibee

List of unacceptable songs... on 16:58 - Nov 30 by FrimleyBlue

Even if that were true, why sing it when there are thousands of kids in the stadium

I got the singing in jest at the whole we have the ball stuff, but calling people whres is a bit strange for any person to find funny singing.

Not saying I agree or disagree with the song as everyone has their own view - but all the kids near my in the family zone sing it
List of unacceptable songs... on 01:11 - Dec 1 with 1116 viewslizzibee

And a former Ipswich fan...It will happen - people will sing it - if you dont like it dont join in, if you want to then so be it
Login to get fewer ads

List of unacceptable songs... on 05:41 - Dec 1 with 1088 viewstcblue

Not the song itself but something which annoys me in 'allez'

We support THE Ipswich, if we're down or if we're up

No need for the, it makes the line awkward.

Thank you for attending my TED talk
List of unacceptable songs... on 10:40 - Dec 1 with 1024 viewsSitfcB

It’s ‘the scum of Norwich City’ by the way.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

List of unacceptable songs... on 10:48 - Dec 1 with 1009 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

Personally I find all copycat songs a bit cringey.

"Carrow Road is falling down" is the latest example of this.

I like the Super Kieran McKenna song, but isn't this just copied from Arsenal/Newcastle?

It's not just Ipswich fans. Any decent song is copied and sung up and down the country within weeks.
List of unacceptable songs... on 10:55 - Dec 1 with 993 viewsCullyITFC99

List of unacceptable songs... on 23:13 - Nov 30 by gernon

3 pages and counting. Ive been to a lot of grounds like most, and naturally compare each atmosphere to PR.

I wouldn't say the biggest change we need when we're in an unprecedented spell of unbelievable form is fewer songs.

100% this. I sit in lower north and it is embarrassingly quiet the majority of the time. Best times in years and sometimes it still sounds like 14k fans under McCarthy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024