Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hypothetical questions. 21:15 - Dec 1 with 1112 viewsSharkey

Answer both please.

1. Which Town player ( as they are right now ) could you most easily ‘hide’ in a top class game ( say Man City v Real Madrid ) without him sticking out like a sore thumb?

2. Which player would most upgrade any mid-table league 2 club still hoping for automatic promotion?

Is it the same player?

Hypothetical questions. on 21:21 - Dec 1 with 1051 viewsMullet

Conor Chaplin. He's class and tiny. Easy.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Hypothetical questions. on 21:26 - Dec 1 with 1037 viewsDubtractor

1) Leif Davis

2) Wes Burns

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Hypothetical questions. on 21:32 - Dec 1 with 1011 viewsNthsuffolkblue

1. Hladky (mainly because his shirt wouldn't stand out)

2 Morsy

3 Yes.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Hypothetical questions. on 21:54 - Dec 1 with 954 viewsjayessess

1. It's not a fun answer, but you'd guess maybe the two players who've previously played in games nearest that level - Williams or Tuanzebe? They'd probably be least shocked by the pace of the game.

Other than those two, I think you've got two options - choose one of our most athletic players (Hirst, Burns, Jackson even) to play in a forward area and use them essentially as a pressing machine and try to build the play through your other elite forwards. Worst case scenario they're still doing the off the ball work that you need.

The other is you have Morsy sitting very deep as a defensive screen and use your other pivot as the main playmaker when you want to pass through the lines.

2. Scoring goals makes the biggest difference to any team, so it has to be Conor Chaplin.

3. It is not.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2023 21:58]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Hypothetical questions. on 22:19 - Dec 1 with 889 viewsSharkey

Hypothetical questions. on 21:54 - Dec 1 by jayessess

1. It's not a fun answer, but you'd guess maybe the two players who've previously played in games nearest that level - Williams or Tuanzebe? They'd probably be least shocked by the pace of the game.

Other than those two, I think you've got two options - choose one of our most athletic players (Hirst, Burns, Jackson even) to play in a forward area and use them essentially as a pressing machine and try to build the play through your other elite forwards. Worst case scenario they're still doing the off the ball work that you need.

The other is you have Morsy sitting very deep as a defensive screen and use your other pivot as the main playmaker when you want to pass through the lines.

2. Scoring goals makes the biggest difference to any team, so it has to be Conor Chaplin.

3. It is not.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2023 21:58]

I think you’ve answered that too well! As a Colchester ( not exactly mid-table, granted) supporter, it’s Chaplin I’d want.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2023 22:27]
Hypothetical questions. on 10:13 - Dec 2 with 631 viewsDarth_Koont

Hypothetical questions. on 21:32 - Dec 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

1. Hladky (mainly because his shirt wouldn't stand out)

2 Morsy

3 Yes.

Good call on Hladky.

Would be interesting to see a goalkeeper challenge re: footballing ability but I guess he'd be well up there even in Prem terms. Not the same height and command of his area as most but he'd surely add a lot to a team that wants to play it out from deep.

Otherwise, I'd go for Davis for both 1 and 2.

Pronouns: He/Him

Hypothetical questions. on 10:35 - Dec 2 with 587 viewsMookamoo

If you want answer to both questions, Wooflenden

1) On his day, he has that confident swagger to play for a top side. Very John Stones-esque
2) Too good for L2, but would obviously be an upgrade. However, his occasional brain fart like for Swansea's second is very L2.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024