Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
KMac at the at end 17:30 - Dec 2 with 2435 viewsjasondozzell

Really giving it some with celebrations. Went straight over to fans and whipping up Blue Action. Making a point to rest of the ground? Can't take this for granted. Second half a bit disjointed and flat but still a great win against a V good side and play off finalists. Easy to get complacent when we're being served superb football so consistently.

What a goal from Burns too.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2023 17:46]
KMac at the at end on 17:37 - Dec 2 with 2277 viewsmickymills

Spot on. He was definitely making a point. The crowd became lethargic and tense as our play lost its impetus.
See my other post… McKenna making the point that we as fans were poor on 17:43 - Dec 2 with 2205 viewsunstableblue

Singling out Blue Action as they did try

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

See my other post… McKenna making the point that we as fans were poor on 17:45 - Dec 2 with 2175 viewsjasondozzell

See my other post… McKenna making the point that we as fans were poor on 17:43 - Dec 2 by unstableblue

Singling out Blue Action as they did try

Yes, agree. Think that was behind it.

I didn't mean Blue Action - they are excellent! Think he headed there because he knew he'd get a reaction.

He walked straight over to Sir Alf at the end too. I can completely get it. They are playing some of the best football we've ever seen and it's easy to start taking it all as a given. It's anything but that!
KMac at the at end on 17:47 - Dec 2 with 2127 viewsRadioOrwell

What have blue action been doing to annoy him ?
See my other post… McKenna making the point that we as fans were poor on 17:49 - Dec 2 with 2113 viewsBlueStreak

See my other post… McKenna making the point that we as fans were poor on 17:45 - Dec 2 by jasondozzell

Yes, agree. Think that was behind it.

I didn't mean Blue Action - they are excellent! Think he headed there because he knew he'd get a reaction.

He walked straight over to Sir Alf at the end too. I can completely get it. They are playing some of the best football we've ever seen and it's easy to start taking it all as a given. It's anything but that!

Second half performances this week haven’t been great. That combined with the cold has people quite whether you agree or not.

If you switched the performances around in both halves for both games the ground would have been bouncing at the final whistle so it is funny like that.

Really good three points but we really need to kill teams off second half.
See my other post… McKenna making the point that we as fans were poor on 17:54 - Dec 2 with 2046 viewsunstableblue

See my other post… McKenna making the point that we as fans were poor on 17:49 - Dec 2 by BlueStreak

Second half performances this week haven’t been great. That combined with the cold has people quite whether you agree or not.

If you switched the performances around in both halves for both games the ground would have been bouncing at the final whistle so it is funny like that.

Really good three points but we really need to kill teams off second half.

I don’t really agree

Doesn’t really matter is the second half was tame

We have just won AGAIN to cement second place, and in the first half we were excellent

These aren’t the Mick years

This is the best team we’ve had since Burley

McKenna won’t be here forever, nor will this glorious football

Celebrate it

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

See my other post… McKenna making the point that we as fans were poor on 18:11 - Dec 2 with 1897 viewsBlueStreak

See my other post… McKenna making the point that we as fans were poor on 17:54 - Dec 2 by unstableblue

I don’t really agree

Doesn’t really matter is the second half was tame

We have just won AGAIN to cement second place, and in the first half we were excellent

These aren’t the Mick years

This is the best team we’ve had since Burley

McKenna won’t be here forever, nor will this glorious football

Celebrate it

I agree completely and appreciate everything that’s happening with the club. Point is - two damp squib halves, lost 0-1 Wednesday and 0-1 today with a missed pen I can see why the fans weren’t going mental with delight in minus temps.
KMac at the at end on 18:12 - Dec 2 with 1877 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

I agree, last two games we’ve been tame. We need to make Portman Road loud and intimidating for opposing players. It’s cold, I get it, but people have come to expect the wins and it’s taken the bite out of the support to an extent.
Login to get fewer ads

KMac at the at end on 18:13 - Dec 2 with 1878 viewsJimmy86

That's definitely the most animated I've seen him after the final whistle and I think like our 2nd half performance, the crowd was also a bit flat on a bitterly cold day! Thought Cov were pretty loud tbf and when they sang 2 nil up and you still don't sing, they were perhaps right!
KMac at the at end on 18:15 - Dec 2 with 1839 viewspointofblue

KMac at the at end on 18:13 - Dec 2 by Jimmy86

That's definitely the most animated I've seen him after the final whistle and I think like our 2nd half performance, the crowd was also a bit flat on a bitterly cold day! Thought Cov were pretty loud tbf and when they sang 2 nil up and you still don't sing, they were perhaps right!

Coventry were giving their fans to cheer, even at 2-0. They were closing us down, trying to get the ball forward, making attacks (which, of course they needed to). In comparison, Town seemed to be going through the motions in the second half. The fans off the pitch reflected the performances on it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

KMac at the at end on 18:21 - Dec 2 with 1790 viewsJimmy86

KMac at the at end on 18:15 - Dec 2 by pointofblue

Coventry were giving their fans to cheer, even at 2-0. They were closing us down, trying to get the ball forward, making attacks (which, of course they needed to). In comparison, Town seemed to be going through the motions in the second half. The fans off the pitch reflected the performances on it.

Yep, agreed! I said that our second half performance on the pitch mirrored our support in the stands, off the pitch... 2nd half we took our foot off the gas a bit and didn't have much to cheer about..
See my other post… McKenna making the point that we as fans were poor on 18:23 - Dec 2 with 1747 viewsWestSussexBlue

See my other post… McKenna making the point that we as fans were poor on 18:11 - Dec 2 by BlueStreak

I agree completely and appreciate everything that’s happening with the club. Point is - two damp squib halves, lost 0-1 Wednesday and 0-1 today with a missed pen I can see why the fans weren’t going mental with delight in minus temps.

I never really agree with “losing a half”,
The fact is we did enough over the 90+ minutes in both matches this week to win.
To get to December having only lost twice, those being to the quality and strength of Leeds and West Brom is outstanding. Also to think the starting 11 is pretty much the team that got us out of league One. Make no mistake, this team is very much in the hunt for Automatic promotion.
KMac at the at end on 18:55 - Dec 2 with 1475 viewsBluespeed225

Maybe he'll call us Zombies on Monday! It's been cold last two matches, and I really think thats affects it. It'll be fine on the 16th.
KMac at the at end on 19:04 - Dec 2 with 1411 viewsstonojnr

KMac at the at end on 18:21 - Dec 2 by Jimmy86

Yep, agreed! I said that our second half performance on the pitch mirrored our support in the stands, off the pitch... 2nd half we took our foot off the gas a bit and didn't have much to cheer about..

And I can totally understand professionally playing out the 2nd half like they did, but its minus 2 and stupidly cold and I'm literally watching our players just stand there with the ball for alot of extended time to the point you wonder if the ref has blown for a foul or a free kick but no it's the opposition not attacking and we are sensibly running the clock down, and then playing ourselves into trouble.

You can't cheer or react to the bigger context constantly during a game, a crowd will feed off what the team are doing on the pitch, and without checking stats i suspect alot of the game was played in our half, and we didnt have many shots at goal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024