Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Davis vs Mings vs Cresswell 23:18 - Dec 7 with 1868 viewsjudespiveyg

High praise maybe but I can't help but think Leif Davis has all the good bits from two of our previous left-backs (both of whom went on to represent England). Davis has Mings' attacking prowess and endless ability to just get up and down the line all game, albeit lacking the size and aeriel presence, whilst also possessing the pinpoint crossing of Cresswell. Is Leif Davis the best of the three?

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Davis vs Mings vs Cresswell on 23:37 - Dec 7 with 1818 viewsReus30

He is better than both overall at their age but he certainly doesn't have the wand that Cressy has (it's close but it was always Aaron's strength) nor the size and strength of Ty.

Leif is just an absolute engine though and he can do it all and he will make it to the top.
Davis vs Mings vs Cresswell on 23:43 - Dec 7 with 1801 viewsbournemouthblue

Davis vs Mings vs Cresswell on 23:37 - Dec 7 by Reus30

He is better than both overall at their age but he certainly doesn't have the wand that Cressy has (it's close but it was always Aaron's strength) nor the size and strength of Ty.

Leif is just an absolute engine though and he can do it all and he will make it to the top.

Cressie was very solid defensively when he left us, in part due to MM's involvement, I suspect Davis is better going forward, possibly a bit more mobile but doesn't get enough goals currently, that's something he can add to his game

Mings was rapid and large, which was definitely quite unusual for a left back, I actually thought he may end up further up the pitch and questioned whether he could become a centre back but Eddie Howe felt he could convert him and did it with some success, albeit loaning/selling him on to Villa where he then flourished

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Davis vs Mings vs Cresswell on 11:27 - Dec 8 with 1242 viewsSwansea_Blue

Davis vs Mings vs Cresswell on 23:43 - Dec 7 by bournemouthblue

Cressie was very solid defensively when he left us, in part due to MM's involvement, I suspect Davis is better going forward, possibly a bit more mobile but doesn't get enough goals currently, that's something he can add to his game

Mings was rapid and large, which was definitely quite unusual for a left back, I actually thought he may end up further up the pitch and questioned whether he could become a centre back but Eddie Howe felt he could convert him and did it with some success, albeit loaning/selling him on to Villa where he then flourished

MM always said Ty would end up a CB. If I remember correctly.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2023 11:27]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Davis vs Mings vs Cresswell on 12:11 - Dec 8 with 1186 viewsElephantintheRoom

Bit early perhaps? Neither Mings nor Cresswell had the luxury of being the most expensivev full back in a money-doped team in a destitute 3rd division.

He looks good so far - but whilst the other two went on to the Prem elsewhere - the likes of David Wright and the nappy salesman were both low-cost signings who looked pretty good in the top division with Town. Thise 2 and Clapham are hopefully better comparisons.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Davis vs Mings vs Cresswell on 12:23 - Dec 8 with 1157 viewsReusersTown

Davis vs Mings vs Cresswell on 12:11 - Dec 8 by ElephantintheRoom

Bit early perhaps? Neither Mings nor Cresswell had the luxury of being the most expensivev full back in a money-doped team in a destitute 3rd division.

He looks good so far - but whilst the other two went on to the Prem elsewhere - the likes of David Wright and the nappy salesman were both low-cost signings who looked pretty good in the top division with Town. Thise 2 and Clapham are hopefully better comparisons.

Lol you get stranger every day! Probably time you get back to the WOTB in time for kick off.
He could turn out to be as good or even better on 12:31 - Dec 8 with 1134 viewsDyland

Currently I'd say he's behind Cressers though.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

He could turn out to be as good or even better on 15:48 - Dec 8 with 969 viewsbournemouthblue

He could turn out to be as good or even better on 12:31 - Dec 8 by Dyland

Currently I'd say he's behind Cressers though.

In terms of their development at Town in the equivalent periods having signed, I'd say they're probably on par currently

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Davis vs Mings vs Cresswell on 15:54 - Dec 8 with 955 viewsVic

Davis vs Mings vs Cresswell on 11:27 - Dec 8 by Swansea_Blue

MM always said Ty would end up a CB. If I remember correctly.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2023 11:27]

Nah, that was Old Git

Talking of which - any one know what he's doing these days? Still around these parts or did he finally go to Thailand?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Login to get fewer ads

Davis vs Mings vs Cresswell on 16:52 - Dec 8 with 881 viewsStadiumofdark

Davis vs Mings vs Cresswell on 15:54 - Dec 8 by Vic

Nah, that was Old Git

Talking of which - any one know what he's doing these days? Still around these parts or did he finally go to Thailand?

Old Git ended up a Centre Back? Madness
Davis vs Mings vs Cresswell on 19:49 - Dec 8 with 791 viewsMK1

He will make it to the top, no doubt, but Cresswell and Mings have done it at the highest level. 2 years from now, Davis will be as good or better, but at this moment in time, I would say that Cresswell is the best LB. (Mings plays as a CH now).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024