Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Short corners 13:11 - Dec 13 with 1304 viewsFrimleyBlue

Doesn't matter if its town or not.. but what is the last goal scored you Remember that came via a short corner. ..

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Short corners on 13:25 - Dec 13 with 1244 viewsSamWhiteUK

Saw this the other day. Can't come much shorter I'd have thought

Short corners on 13:26 - Dec 13 with 1227 viewsWalkyWonderland

The stats suggest short corners lead to more goals and chances than direct corners (corner then next touch is the shot on goal) https://sqaf.club/goals-from-corners-stats/
Short corners on 13:48 - Dec 13 with 1120 views_clive_baker_

Depends on your definition of via a short corner. There's times where a side use it as an opportunity to play it short and retain possession, then some 30 passes later if they score from it fans don't necessarily remember that it all came from a corner. Statistically I think I'm right in saying they're more fruitful than direct balls into the box. We tended to do the latter last night, Davis often looking for a near post flick on.
Short corners on 13:50 - Dec 13 with 1113 viewscruyff_turntables

There’s definitely some value to be found in short corners - Notts County take over 90% of their corners short.

Interesting speech on it from their manager here:

[Post edited 13 Dec 2023 13:51]

Blog: Foster Clubs

Short corners on 13:56 - Dec 13 with 1062 viewsbournemouthblue

Short corners on 13:50 - Dec 13 by cruyff_turntables

There’s definitely some value to be found in short corners - Notts County take over 90% of their corners short.

Crikey!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Short corners on 14:01 - Dec 13 with 1045 views_clive_baker_

That's so good. Spot on too.
Short corners on 14:32 - Dec 13 with 977 viewsMattinLondon

Short corners on 13:25 - Dec 13 by SamWhiteUK

Saw this the other day. Can't come much shorter I'd have thought

Didn’t Man Utd try that a few years ago but were told to retake it?
Short corners on 15:12 - Dec 13 with 887 viewsITFC_Jenx

Forest Green at home last season?
Login to get fewer ads

Short corners on 15:34 - Dec 13 with 838 viewsSharkey

Short corners on 14:32 - Dec 13 by MattinLondon

Didn’t Man Utd try that a few years ago but were told to retake it?

I don't think this goal should have been allowed, as the ball didn't enter the field of play when the first guy nudged it. No part of the ball (it seems to me from that camera angle) had crossed the line.
Short corners on 18:07 - Dec 13 with 752 viewsPlums

You beat me to it. Very interesting response - and shows the gulf in knowledge between analytical managers and the average fan/ pundit.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Short corners on 18:08 - Dec 13 with 749 viewsPlums

Short corners on 15:34 - Dec 13 by Sharkey

I don't think this goal should have been allowed, as the ball didn't enter the field of play when the first guy nudged it. No part of the ball (it seems to me from that camera angle) had crossed the line.

The ball only needs to have clearly moved.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Short corners on 18:14 - Dec 13 with 735 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Long ball percentage football versus possession football? Very eloquently explained although also giving away a lot of tactical information too!

EDIT: also, when was the last time we scored from a corner that was put straight into the box?
[Post edited 13 Dec 2023 18:24]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Short corners on 18:30 - Dec 13 with 712 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Short corners on 18:08 - Dec 13 by Plums

The ball only needs to have clearly moved.

I was going to say the same as Sharkey TBH. Doesn't look legit just slightly moving. It's such a slight touch that it doesn't even appear to differ from its original position. That can't be right?!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Short corners on 18:38 - Dec 13 with 696 viewsDyland

Short corners on 18:30 - Dec 13 by The_Flashing_Smile

I was going to say the same as Sharkey TBH. Doesn't look legit just slightly moving. It's such a slight touch that it doesn't even appear to differ from its original position. That can't be right?!

"The ball is in play when it is kicked and clearly moves; it does not need to leave the corner area."

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11

I guess there is some debate to be had as to the word "clearly", though in this instance I'd argue it's objectively clearly moved. The oppo don't need to have seen it move.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Short corners on 18:46 - Dec 13 with 674 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Short corners on 18:38 - Dec 13 by Dyland

"The ball is in play when it is kicked and clearly moves; it does not need to leave the corner area."

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11

I guess there is some debate to be had as to the word "clearly", though in this instance I'd argue it's objectively clearly moved. The oppo don't need to have seen it move.

Has it even been kicked?! He kind of touches it with his toe but I'd hardly call it a kick.

And in terms of clearly moves, well it rolls ever so slightly then rolls back to its starting position. So do they mean any kind of movement or does it need to move from its starting position?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Short corners on 18:50 - Dec 13 with 653 viewsviewfromtheu2

this! Great explanation and when you think about it, so right

@BonoITFC

Yes it's been kicked on 18:52 - Dec 13 with 645 viewsDyland

Short corners on 18:46 - Dec 13 by The_Flashing_Smile

Has it even been kicked?! He kind of touches it with his toe but I'd hardly call it a kick.

And in terms of clearly moves, well it rolls ever so slightly then rolls back to its starting position. So do they mean any kind of movement or does it need to move from its starting position?

Defining "kick" to also mean how teams often roll their foot over the ball to make it move at kickoff.

Just that it's clearly moved on 18:54 - Dec 13 with 640 viewsDyland

Short corners on 18:46 - Dec 13 by The_Flashing_Smile

nfft

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024