Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't go with Jackson here 20:08 - Dec 26 with 1158 viewsDublinBlue84

I know Ladapo isn't in favour, but Jackson isn't and never has been a centre striker.

There's years worth of evidence showing he can't do it

McKenna has got this one wrong. Hope he proves me wrong.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't go with Jackson here on 20:15 - Dec 26 with 1105 viewsredrickstuhaart

Inclined to agree, but if we find ourselves playing alot on the break, that speed will be handy.
Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't go with Jackson here on 20:16 - Dec 26 with 1095 viewsDublinBlue84

Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't go with Jackson here on 20:15 - Dec 26 by redrickstuhaart

Inclined to agree, but if we find ourselves playing alot on the break, that speed will be handy.

The problem is all that Jackson has is speed....

Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't go with Jackson here on 20:18 - Dec 26 with 1061 viewsredrickstuhaart

Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't go with Jackson here on 20:16 - Dec 26 by DublinBlue84

The problem is all that Jackson has is speed....

Not actually true.
Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't go with Jackson here on 20:20 - Dec 26 with 1037 viewsDarkBrandon

Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't go with Jackson here on 20:18 - Dec 26 by redrickstuhaart

Not actually true.

Quite. He’s a much more complete player than - say - Danny Haynes
Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't go with Jackson here on 20:23 - Dec 26 with 1008 viewsDublinBlue84

Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't go with Jackson here on 20:20 - Dec 26 by DarkBrandon

Quite. He’s a much more complete player than - say - Danny Haynes

But that's not saying much, as Danny Haynes also wasn't a centre forward in my eyes.

We've seen Jackson play up front on his own countless time, barely scored a goal, easily bumped off the ball, little to no technical ability,

Totally illogical decision.

Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't go with Jackson here on 20:28 - Dec 26 with 966 viewsSwailsey

Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't go with Jackson here on 20:23 - Dec 26 by DublinBlue84

But that's not saying much, as Danny Haynes also wasn't a centre forward in my eyes.

We've seen Jackson play up front on his own countless time, barely scored a goal, easily bumped off the ball, little to no technical ability,

Totally illogical decision.

Except for the games which he bossed it last season in that position. One evening game in particular - Sheff. Weds I think.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't go with Jackson here on 20:30 - Dec 26 with 952 viewslucas10

What’s KMc meant to do?

Neither Ladapo or Jackson are anywhere close to good enough at this level and he knows this. We’ll get a new striker next month but until then it’s what we have. Hirst injury has at least confirmed this.
Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't go with Jackson here on 20:39 - Dec 26 with 887 viewsReusersTown

If he went with Ladapo there we're dead in the water. You want to go with a player who's main ability is poaching when we're going to have our backs against the wall.
Login to get fewer ads

Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't go with Jackson here on 20:39 - Dec 26 with 871 viewsstrikalite

Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't go with Jackson here on 20:30 - Dec 26 by lucas10

What’s KMc meant to do?

Neither Ladapo or Jackson are anywhere close to good enough at this level and he knows this. We’ll get a new striker next month but until then it’s what we have. Hirst injury has at least confirmed this.

Two new strikers..
Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't go with Jackson here on 20:40 - Dec 26 with 838 viewsNthQldITFC

Jackson should be able to cover Hirst's role much better. Just needs to leave his shoulder in on defenders a bit more.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't go with Jackson here on 20:42 - Dec 26 with 789 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't go with Jackson here on 20:39 - Dec 26 by ReusersTown

If he went with Ladapo there we're dead in the water. You want to go with a player who's main ability is poaching when we're going to have our backs against the wall.

And so early in the game too. Let Jackson run himself into the ground for 50 minutes then chuck Ladapo on.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't go with Jackson here on 20:43 - Dec 26 with 776 viewsVaughan8

Ladapo is not liked on here and clearly McKenna doesn't fancy him recently.

My guess is he's off and he'd rather try other people.

Jackson for me doesn't offer a lot unless the defence is high and he can get in behind.

He's never been a good central striker. His decent games have come from out wide.
Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't go with Jackson here on 20:45 - Dec 26 with 740 viewsStewart27

I think we needed to go Jackson. Just to try and make something happen.

Hope he does the second half. But I think even the biggest Jackson fan would admit that we need a striker more than anything in January. He’s incredibly limited. But we all knew that.
Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't go with Jackson here on 20:54 - Dec 26 with 664 viewsVegtablue

Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't go with Jackson here on 20:30 - Dec 26 by lucas10

What’s KMc meant to do?

Totally agree, if by this level we're talking top ten in the Championship. I think they could do a job for bottom-third sides maybe as squad players, so would like to someone take a punt when the time comes to move on. We were desperate for a striker before Hirst's injury and I'd have gone with Jackson too.
Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't go with Jackson here on 21:08 - Dec 26 with 621 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't go with Jackson here on 20:43 - Dec 26 by Vaughan8

Ladapo is not liked on here and clearly McKenna doesn't fancy him recently.

My guess is he's off and he'd rather try other people.

Jackson for me doesn't offer a lot unless the defence is high and he can get in behind.

He's never been a good central striker. His decent games have come from out wide.

I don't generally disagree but I do think Jackson makes more sense against the CB pairing they have. I don't imagine Ladapo getting much change out of Coady and Vestergaard(until the 89th minute of course...)

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't go with Jackson here on 21:13 - Dec 26 with 590 viewsRyorry

Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't go with Jackson here on 21:08 - Dec 26 by JammyDodgerrr

I don't generally disagree but I do think Jackson makes more sense against the CB pairing they have. I don't imagine Ladapo getting much change out of Coady and Vestergaard(until the 89th minute of course...)

Kayden’s just not composed enough in front of goal tonight.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't go with Jackson here on 21:16 - Dec 26 with 573 viewsbadadski

Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't go with Jackson here on 21:13 - Dec 26 by Ryorry

A better striker and maybe chaplins playing him on for
One on one rather than shooting from half way again
Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't go with Jackson here on 21:16 - Dec 26 with 572 viewsDublinBlue84

Hope I'm wrong, but wouldn't go with Jackson here on 21:13 - Dec 26 by Ryorry

It's not a new thing though was it? In his first season here he showed he was useless as a number 9 and nothing I've seen since has suggested otherwise.

He has attributes that can be used in certain situations an d there are times we can use his pace, but he's not a central striker.

If you remember the relegation season, we had him, Harrison, Keane and Quarner and the later two were supposed to be an improvement on the later, Most people agreed we had nothing up front hat season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024