Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Sutton 13:48 - Jan 2 with 2472 viewsblueoxford

Talking some sense at last in the Pinkun about their display against Southampton…

“I saw similar at Ipswich. We can talk about 14 years unbeaten. But had Jon Rowe not been absolutely ruthless, they would have been beaten comfortably and should have been. They are not reliant on patterns of play but on moments. We have to see a plan and a clear way forward“
Chris Sutton on 14:16 - Jan 2 with 2187 viewsPinewoodblue

Assuming they don’t get promoted this season Norwich , without parachute payments next year will need to trim at least £10m off their wage bill. Fire sale coming……

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Chris Sutton on 14:23 - Jan 2 with 2112 views_clive_baker_

Chris Sutton on 14:16 - Jan 2 by Pinewoodblue

Assuming they don’t get promoted this season Norwich , without parachute payments next year will need to trim at least £10m off their wage bill. Fire sale coming……

Their next few games don't look particularly kind either, I wouldn't be surprised if they're 8 points off the playoffs by the end of Jan and looking for a new manager. They look every bit a mid table side though, rather than a side not fulfilling their potential. I'm not sure a managerial change will be the silver bullet some of their fans think it will. They're got about 3 or 4 players I would have in our squad, like Rowe, Sara and Sargent. Aside from that they're pretty average.

They've definitely got too much quality to get dragged into trouble, but not enough to sustain a playoff push. Their recruitment in the summer was awful, on what was their last shot with an inflated budget. They'll have to reset in the summer and take a different path.

Oh well.
Chris Sutton on 16:51 - Jan 2 with 1421 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Chris Sutton on 14:23 - Jan 2 by _clive_baker_

Their next few games don't look particularly kind either, I wouldn't be surprised if they're 8 points off the playoffs by the end of Jan and looking for a new manager. They look every bit a mid table side though, rather than a side not fulfilling their potential. I'm not sure a managerial change will be the silver bullet some of their fans think it will. They're got about 3 or 4 players I would have in our squad, like Rowe, Sara and Sargent. Aside from that they're pretty average.

They've definitely got too much quality to get dragged into trouble, but not enough to sustain a playoff push. Their recruitment in the summer was awful, on what was their last shot with an inflated budget. They'll have to reset in the summer and take a different path.

Oh well.

Let’s take all 3 now!
Chris Sutton on 17:34 - Jan 2 with 1209 viewsbackwaywhen

Oh well.

Let’s take Sargent off their hand , ideal Hirst replacement.
Chris Sutton on 17:37 - Jan 2 with 1184 viewsHerbivore

Oh well.

Thought only Millwall and Stoke looked worse than them at PR this season. Really poor side, hard to discern a particular style of play in what they were doing, and they were just very lucky they got the break of the ball (and the officiating) the two times they managed to get in our area.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Chris Sutton on 18:09 - Jan 2 with 1051 viewsMeadowlark

Why do we get so much budgie news on here?

Phil, Gav, can we have another category as well as football and general please?

"Budgie botherers" for those who want to discuss our six-feathered fiends.
Chris Sutton on 18:12 - Jan 2 with 1029 viewsbournemouthblue

Oh well.

Norwich seem to have beaten who they should be beating and lost to just about everyone else

Let's be honest, their result against us was a bit of a fluke, they won't go down but they do look in a mess, despite not actually being that far from the playoffs

They have had injuries and Sargent will add a bit more quality to nurse them through, however they are sleepwalking their way to a few disappointing seasons ahead, if they aren't too careful

Let's for comedy value, hope they aren't too careful!
[Post edited 2 Jan 18:22]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Chris Sutton on 18:51 - Jan 2 with 903 viewsChurchman

Chris Sutton on 16:51 - Jan 2 by BtreeBlueBlood

Let’s take all 3 now!

I can’t see them having enough for the play offs, but there’s no way they’ll go down.

I thought the three at the bottom were dead and buried, but SW and QPR have improved and dragged others into it. Namely Plymouth, who look a but rudderless at the moment and Huddersfield who are just poor. I suspect Birmingham will improve with a real manager and Stoke are already playing better under Schumacher.
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Sutton on 19:14 - Jan 2 with 827 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Chris Sutton on 14:16 - Jan 2 by Pinewoodblue

Sargent and Rowe will be sold and there will be a complete rebuild as the club transitions on and off the pitch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024