Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
European Games 15:17 - Jan 10 with 1836 viewsTexacoCup

I was at the AS Roma v Atalanta game in Rome on Sunday, 1-1 60k Mourinho got sent off!
Average game but cracking atmosphere. We were (accidentally) beside the Ultras - those guys are fanatical! On the way in we were searched and had to show our passports three times.
But when we got to the stand, not one steward, people standing in the walkways - absolute crush, like the North stand in the old days! We ended up standing nowhere near our seat!
Great experience though, anyone else go to European games?
European Games on 15:36 - Jan 10 with 1730 viewsTractorCam

I went to AC v Juve a few years ago. The "turnstiles" were basically stewards standing by a fence in the outskirts, as opposed to going through a specific gate in the stadium. You're herded in like cattle with no queueing system, and once you're past the fence you're free to roam around and could have probably gone wherever you liked in the stadium.
[Post edited 10 Jan 15:36]

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

European Games on 16:11 - Jan 10 with 1569 viewsITFCson

We went to Frankfurt vs Wolfburg a few years ago. 2-0 down at HT and won 3-2. Amazing atmosphere.
Keep saying we should do it again and Italy would be my preferred choice. In fact always liked watching Atalanta, would like to go to their stadium, although not one the big ones they create quite an atmosphere at home. Although in fairness most teams do on the continent.
European Games on 16:38 - Jan 10 with 1475 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

San Siro is an excellent experience! I watched Inter vs Napoli and it was a great atmosphere - just don't plan to use the toilet at half time!
European Games on 16:57 - Jan 10 with 1412 viewsbluelagos

Done a few over the years.

Maastrict v Ajax was mental - we ended up at the front of a terrace of Ajax fans - suited and booted stood near the front away from the Ajax lads who looked like proper ultras.

Ref gave a pen to Maastrict and sent off the Ajax defender (quite reasonable from my neutral viewpoint) and the Ajax fans went off - throwing whatever they could get hold of at the ref. The missiles hit the mesh and landed at the foot of the fence...hence why no one stood there, except us. Quickly moved further up the terrace to avoid said missiles.

Also done Dortmund vs Bayern and Koln v Mainz over a weekend about 4 years ago. That was pretty cool - mate of a mate is a German c-list actor who basically hosted us for the weekend - really enjoyed that one. Loads of Pyro at the Dortmund game.

Caught a Real Sociedad game couple of years back. Think that's my lot for league games.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

European Games on 17:04 - Jan 10 with 1382 viewsMeadowlark

European Games on 16:57 - Jan 10 by bluelagos

Done a few over the years.

Maastrict v Ajax was mental - we ended up at the front of a terrace of Ajax fans - suited and booted stood near the front away from the Ajax lads who looked like proper ultras.

Ref gave a pen to Maastrict and sent off the Ajax defender (quite reasonable from my neutral viewpoint) and the Ajax fans went off - throwing whatever they could get hold of at the ref. The missiles hit the mesh and landed at the foot of the fence...hence why no one stood there, except us. Quickly moved further up the terrace to avoid said missiles.

Also done Dortmund vs Bayern and Koln v Mainz over a weekend about 4 years ago. That was pretty cool - mate of a mate is a German c-list actor who basically hosted us for the weekend - really enjoyed that one. Loads of Pyro at the Dortmund game.

Caught a Real Sociedad game couple of years back. Think that's my lot for league games.

"....hence why .."
🫣
European Games on 17:34 - Jan 10 with 1297 viewsitfcjoe

I’ve done Roma, and the atmosphere is insane - was a 1-1 draw with Venezia but never experienced anything like it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

European Games on 18:47 - Jan 10 with 1159 viewsnorth_stand77

Been to San Siro, Ac Milan v Roma.

Was given a free newspaper on the outdoor concourse on the way in. When I politely declined as I don't speak Italian, a passing fan told me to take it to sit on. When I got to my seat, I realised why, they were filthy!

The atmosphere though was superb, with the ultras singing and bouncing non stop, and being orchestrated by several fans balancing precariously in pretty dodgy positions with their backs to the pitch.

An experience!
European Games on 10:11 - Jan 11 with 658 viewscarlisleaway

European Games on 18:47 - Jan 10 by north_stand77

Been to San Siro, Ac Milan v Roma.

Was given a free newspaper on the outdoor concourse on the way in. When I politely declined as I don't speak Italian, a passing fan told me to take it to sit on. When I got to my seat, I realised why, they were filthy!

The atmosphere though was superb, with the ultras singing and bouncing non stop, and being orchestrated by several fans balancing precariously in pretty dodgy positions with their backs to the pitch.

An experience!

Cannot compare with recent games, but went to Lazio to see Ipswich in the 70s
Italians burnt all the Union Flags hanging over the walls and taunted us with knives.
Police had to tear gas the Lazio fans before clearing the ground before we were allowed out , now that was frightening
Login to get fewer ads

European Games on 10:20 - Jan 11 with 646 viewsNomore4

I was lucky enough to see the greatest club side ever assembled at the Camp Nou. Xvai, Innesta, Messi, Neymer etc etc. Neymer hatrick, and a double for Messi finished the experience nicely.
European Games on 10:48 - Jan 11 with 614 viewsFreddies_Ears

I saw a lot of FC Basel in 1982 when I lived there. They were midtable and pretty mediocre, but the old stadium had huge, sunny terraces. The only tie that got a bit edgy was against then-dominant Grasshoppers (Zurich).
In 1983, I did several FC Limoges games in the 2nd division in France, usually around 1200-1500 there.
More recently, Fortuna is a wonderful place to see a game, for obvious reasons, and I wish I could get there more often.
PSG v Marseille a decade back was a heap of fun, utter chaos amongst the home ultras, and a great unofficial firework show at various points in the game. Riot police v two dozen ultras was a bit one-sided though - lots of stretchers needed...
I caught a local league game in Singapore once too; it made a nice change to see a different side of the place, as I was one of very, very few non-locals there.
European Games on 10:58 - Jan 11 with 596 viewsgiant_stow

Sounds brilliant!

Thanks partly to some advice on here, I ended up taking my little one to Marseille vs AEK Athens back in the autumn and it was fantastic. Incredible fans who just didn't stop, amazing stadium... A new team to 'back' - the boy is desperate to go again! Mind you, some interesting alternatives for the next trip in this thread (when la la allows)
[Post edited 11 Jan 10:59]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024