Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Striker search.. 09:31 - Jan 15 with 7181 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

There's been some names popping about but for me, there's only 3 strikers that probably fit within budget that I'd be happy with if we got them.

Sam Gallagher - though my big concern is he's just returned from a long injury on Saturday
Will Keane - who would be my first choice
Kieffer Moore - hasn't played much football the last 6 months

All 3 fit the profile for the striker role. All 3 can do the same job as Hirst, maybe better.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Striker search.. on 09:43 - Jan 15 with 5336 viewsSparky85

There are a few more names out there I would expect, but from these 3 I would say Gallagher on a permanent and Moore on a loan would be perfect. KJ then still has value as a utility option and Freddie can move on the pastures new.

Will always love Freddie for last year and Cardiff this season, but I think it is clear to see that his time here may be up.
Striker search.. on 09:48 - Jan 15 with 5273 viewsLeoMuff

Also Rajovic at Watford

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Striker search.. on 10:00 - Jan 15 with 5141 viewsitfcsuth

Believe Keane is a non-starter.
Striker search.. on 10:08 - Jan 15 with 5040 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Striker search.. on 09:43 - Jan 15 by Sparky85

There are a few more names out there I would expect, but from these 3 I would say Gallagher on a permanent and Moore on a loan would be perfect. KJ then still has value as a utility option and Freddie can move on the pastures new.

Will always love Freddie for last year and Cardiff this season, but I think it is clear to see that his time here may be up.

I think it's a tough sell to do a permanent and a loan like that. A player like Moore for example will have options - it won't be for a club better positioned than us, but it will be a better guarantee of minutes. Unless Moore is our first choice, we can forget him.

I think it'll end up being Gallagher and a loan or Gallagher and a low risk signing like Ahadme, but that'll be to replace Ladapo so a one in one out if anything.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Striker search.. on 10:08 - Jan 15 with 5023 viewsExiled2Surrey

Ideally I would would like to see one experienced Hirst lookalike, and a younger one with a point of difference:

Bucket one = Gallagher, or was Woodrow not an option?

Bucket two is the likes of Stansfield (that has gone quiet - so not holding out much hope there, and unlikely to see him come here unless we can promise him decent game time) or someone like Armstrong (Sinclair, not Adam, albeit he was not amazing against us at PR, but seems to be coming back into favour at QPR)
Striker search.. on 10:09 - Jan 15 with 5002 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Striker search.. on 10:00 - Jan 15 by itfcsuth

Believe Keane is a non-starter.

He got 2 goals off the bench on Saturday. 8 in total for the season. The trouble with Keane is that he's 31 and I imagine quite settled in the north west - the deal we'd have to do with the player would make it more difficult than a fee to Preston. I imagine it's the same with Gallagher though he's younger.

Striker search.. on 10:17 - Jan 15 with 4893 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Striker search.. on 10:08 - Jan 15 by Exiled2Surrey

Ideally I would would like to see one experienced Hirst lookalike, and a younger one with a point of difference:

Bucket one = Gallagher, or was Woodrow not an option?

Bucket two is the likes of Stansfield (that has gone quiet - so not holding out much hope there, and unlikely to see him come here unless we can promise him decent game time) or someone like Armstrong (Sinclair, not Adam, albeit he was not amazing against us at PR, but seems to be coming back into favour at QPR)

Woodrow would be a good option. I hadn't considered him. He's probably available for the right price too.

I'm probably in the minority who's not interested in Stansfield. Not sure what he offers us to the system we play. I think that ship has probably sailed though now - Stansfield, Birmingham and Fulham all seem to be happy.

Armstrong is out of contract in the summer and I reckon there will be a queue of clubs in the summer. If QPR go down, there's no way he signs a new deal so I'm guessing we could be in the mix, but I think he'll have a better offer elsewhere regarding game time.

Striker search.. on 10:28 - Jan 15 with 4764 viewsMillsTash

Sinclair Armstrong - QPR.

Really rate him. Strong, powerful and quick. Long term i think he could be someone we look at.
Login to get fewer ads

Striker search.. on 10:32 - Jan 15 with 4712 viewsTonytown

Striker search.. on 10:28 - Jan 15 by MillsTash

Really rate him. Strong, powerful and quick. Long term i think he could be someone we look at.

Stansfield has told Mowbray that he wants to play wide right rather than as a number 9.

If that’s the case, he won’t be coming here.
Striker search.. on 10:33 - Jan 15 with 4697 viewsExiled2Surrey

Striker search.. on 10:17 - Jan 15 by IPSWICHFANITFC

Woodrow would be a good option. I hadn't considered him. He's probably available for the right price too.

I'm probably in the minority who's not interested in Stansfield. Not sure what he offers us to the system we play. I think that ship has probably sailed though now - Stansfield, Birmingham and Fulham all seem to be happy.

Armstrong is out of contract in the summer and I reckon there will be a queue of clubs in the summer. If QPR go down, there's no way he signs a new deal so I'm guessing we could be in the mix, but I think he'll have a better offer elsewhere regarding game time.

Stansfield was the ONLY bright spark for Exeter when he came off the bench against us at the end of last season, and him plus Hutch and Sarmiento coming on for the last 25 minutes against tiring defenders would definitely give the mid table sides a lot to think about. But realistically, if he is not brought in to start, then I can't see Fulham wanting to upset the current situation - so I admit my scenario is a little fanciful. My son, who is a Fulham fan, thinks he should be starting for them...
Striker search.. on 10:36 - Jan 15 with 4636 viewshomer_123

Striker search.. on 10:28 - Jan 15 by MillsTash

About as raw as you'll get. Whilst one for the future, you'd need a more experienced striker as well.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Striker search.. on 10:42 - Jan 15 with 4506 viewstractorboy1978

Striker search.. on 10:36 - Jan 15 by homer_123

About as raw as you'll get. Whilst one for the future, you'd need a more experienced striker as well.

I think there is a chance he will end up having a similar career to Frank Nouble.
[Post edited 15 Jan 10:43]
Striker search.. on 10:46 - Jan 15 with 4451 viewsitfcsuth

Striker search.. on 10:09 - Jan 15 by IPSWICHFANITFC

He got 2 goals off the bench on Saturday. 8 in total for the season. The trouble with Keane is that he's 31 and I imagine quite settled in the north west - the deal we'd have to do with the player would make it more difficult than a fee to Preston. I imagine it's the same with Gallagher though he's younger.

I like Will Keane, now he has settled his injury record he has gone on to be a really good centre forward.

Believe there are two big issues with that one though that make it a non-starter.

Gallagher and Woodrow look the best options within our financial structure that I've seen - although both seem to have skechy injury records.
[Post edited 15 Jan 10:48]
Striker search.. on 11:03 - Jan 15 with 4311 viewsbazza

I’d rather see us bring someone new to the club, no going back ..I still think it will be none of the previously mentioned , unless we are trying to negotiate a fee with Fulham for stansfield, and that’s why it’s taking time? Marcus Stewart spoke highly of him.
Striker search.. on 11:11 - Jan 15 with 4215 viewsKieran_Knows

Gallagher & Stansfield.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Striker search.. on 11:26 - Jan 15 with 4059 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Striker search.. on 10:33 - Jan 15 by Exiled2Surrey

Stansfield was the ONLY bright spark for Exeter when he came off the bench against us at the end of last season, and him plus Hutch and Sarmiento coming on for the last 25 minutes against tiring defenders would definitely give the mid table sides a lot to think about. But realistically, if he is not brought in to start, then I can't see Fulham wanting to upset the current situation - so I admit my scenario is a little fanciful. My son, who is a Fulham fan, thinks he should be starting for them...

I think he's a good player, just not currently someone I'd be desperately chasing right now.

Striker search.. on 11:29 - Jan 15 with 4006 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Striker search.. on 10:46 - Jan 15 by itfcsuth

I like Will Keane, now he has settled his injury record he has gone on to be a really good centre forward.

Believe there are two big issues with that one though that make it a non-starter.

Gallagher and Woodrow look the best options within our financial structure that I've seen - although both seem to have skechy injury records.
[Post edited 15 Jan 10:48]

I'm sure we have been linked with Keane before since McKenna has been here. I'm not sure how much of that was concrete interest but he does strike me as a forward McKenna would like for his first touch and ability to link play. Whilst he may be better with the ball in those phases than Hirst, he probably can't run and press as well as Hirst.

Striker search.. on 11:33 - Jan 15 with 3961 viewsitfc_bucks

Batistuta - your time has come, your people need you.
Striker search.. on 11:35 - Jan 15 with 3902 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Striker search.. on 11:03 - Jan 15 by bazza

I’d rather see us bring someone new to the club, no going back ..I still think it will be none of the previously mentioned , unless we are trying to negotiate a fee with Fulham for stansfield, and that’s why it’s taking time? Marcus Stewart spoke highly of him.

I think it's proving tougher than anyone expected - and I mean that generally across the division. Not much movement in this window. We won't be the only side on the hunt for a striker. It's taking time but at some point things will have to give and open up.

Stansfield would have happened by now. Fulham don't need to sell him now, they may in the summer once they've had another look at him. If anything was to happen, it would be a loan. I'm sure Fulham are happy with his loan at Birmingham and I'm sure he's happy too. He's starting games, getting good minutes and scoring some goals.

Striker search.. on 11:36 - Jan 15 with 3873 viewsitfcsuth

Striker search.. on 11:29 - Jan 15 by IPSWICHFANITFC

I'm sure we have been linked with Keane before since McKenna has been here. I'm not sure how much of that was concrete interest but he does strike me as a forward McKenna would like for his first touch and ability to link play. Whilst he may be better with the ball in those phases than Hirst, he probably can't run and press as well as Hirst.

We did, we spoke to him.

I think Cauley Woodrow & Sam Gallagher are in that similar profile - and I like them both.
Striker search.. on 11:55 - Jan 15 with 3647 viewshomer_123

Striker search.. on 11:11 - Jan 15 by Kieran_Knows

Gallagher & Stansfield.

Either a 70s cigarette brand or dogy lawyers.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Striker search.. on 12:14 - Jan 15 with 3489 viewsParky

Gallagher & Stansfield.

Surely if we were going to sign Stansfield, it would have been done by now? Nothing firm to back this up, but can’t see Fulham selling permanently and imagine they’re happy for him to stay on loan and work with Mowbray who wanted him at Sunderland.
Striker search.. on 12:30 - Jan 15 with 3312 viewsJimmyJazz

Striker search.. on 12:14 - Jan 15 by Parky

Surely if we were going to sign Stansfield, it would have been done by now? Nothing firm to back this up, but can’t see Fulham selling permanently and imagine they’re happy for him to stay on loan and work with Mowbray who wanted him at Sunderland.

Was reported there was a window for Stansfield to be recalled, surely that would have passed by now? Most recalls I would expect to happen at the start of January

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Striker search.. on 14:23 - Jan 15 with 2800 viewsBlueBoots

Striker search.. on 10:08 - Jan 15 by IPSWICHFANITFC

I think it's a tough sell to do a permanent and a loan like that. A player like Moore for example will have options - it won't be for a club better positioned than us, but it will be a better guarantee of minutes. Unless Moore is our first choice, we can forget him.

I think it'll end up being Gallagher and a loan or Gallagher and a low risk signing like Ahadme, but that'll be to replace Ladapo so a one in one out if anything.

I've suggested a low risk signing previously - Will Goodwin from Cheltenham. Physical (think he's about 6' 2") hard-working centre-forward, scored a few goals this season, and bonus of only recently turning 21 so wouldn't count towards squad numbers. Stepping up a division so probably not someone we could throw in for regular starts, but could see him coming off the bench and making like difficult for opposition defences by continuing the intensity of our pressing.

He's being linked with a move to Charlton this window, so the fee shouldn't be too much trouble for us!

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Striker search.. on 14:28 - Jan 15 with 2744 viewsKeno

Gallagher & Stansfield.

why would my accountant sign for Town?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024