Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, we're all going to fight Russia then... 15:55 - Jan 24 with 7891 viewsElderGrizzly

Hell of a news day when the Government (and Labour) have to say they are against conscription and it isn't the main story

"No 10 says conscription not being considered after army chief says war against Russia would be 'whole-of-nation undertaking"

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/jan/24/army-chief-says-people-of-uk-are
[Post edited 24 Jan 16:00]
So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 16:07 - Jan 24 with 4108 viewslurcher

With the best will in the world, Russia isn't going to be getting involved in further wars.
So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 16:22 - Jan 24 with 4016 viewsJ2BLUE

With the issues they have had in Ukraine are they really going to start something bigger?

I know they will quickly re-arm and NATO may lose the US if Trump is president but would Russia really pick a fight with Europe? Even if they have assurances of support from Iran and North Korea kicking things off locally it seems a bad idea for them.

Hopefully this is all just to get public support for more military spending which in itself would be a deterrent.

The one thing that does worry me is Putin thinking his life is nearly up and he might as well go for it in 5-10 years.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 16:23 - Jan 24 with 3999 viewsBlueBadger

So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 16:07 - Jan 24 by lurcher

With the best will in the world, Russia isn't going to be getting involved in further wars.

They're banking on homophobic Dobby's boy Trump getting re elected and vetoing any kind of UN actions against him.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 16:25 - Jan 24 with 3984 viewsBlueschev

So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 16:22 - Jan 24 by J2BLUE

With the issues they have had in Ukraine are they really going to start something bigger?

I know they will quickly re-arm and NATO may lose the US if Trump is president but would Russia really pick a fight with Europe? Even if they have assurances of support from Iran and North Korea kicking things off locally it seems a bad idea for them.

Hopefully this is all just to get public support for more military spending which in itself would be a deterrent.

The one thing that does worry me is Putin thinking his life is nearly up and he might as well go for it in 5-10 years.

The US will never leave NATO, ever. Trump would be assassinated before that ever happened.
So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 16:29 - Jan 24 with 3944 viewsBlueBadger

So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 16:25 - Jan 24 by Blueschev

The US will never leave NATO, ever. Trump would be assassinated before that ever happened.

Nah, St Petersburg's answer to MJH(young TWTD readers, ask your dad. Or Facters, whoever is older. So Facters) will just be prompting his orange sock puppet to be as disruptive as possible

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:30 - Jan 24 with 3928 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 16:43 - Jan 24 with 3803 viewslurcher

So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 16:23 - Jan 24 by BlueBadger

They're banking on homophobic Dobby's boy Trump getting re elected and vetoing any kind of UN actions against him.

Won't matter, NATO would easily defeat Russia without the help of the US. Ukraine is doing a good job on its own, just imagine what would happen if the best NATO kit was deployed against Russia.
So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 16:45 - Jan 24 with 3773 viewsBlueBadger

So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 16:43 - Jan 24 by lurcher

Won't matter, NATO would easily defeat Russia without the help of the US. Ukraine is doing a good job on its own, just imagine what would happen if the best NATO kit was deployed against Russia.

In any case, do we REALLY want to be cosying up the yanks in the light of THIS?

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2024/jan/24/perfect-cup-of-tea-needs-a-pinch-of

Login to get fewer ads

So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 16:48 - Jan 24 with 3744 viewslurcher

So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 16:45 - Jan 24 by BlueBadger

In any case, do we REALLY want to be cosying up the yanks in the light of THIS?

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2024/jan/24/perfect-cup-of-tea-needs-a-pinch-of

A good point well made.
So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 16:50 - Jan 24 with 3742 viewsbackwaywhen

This country definitely needs a 2 year national service , for all those that are 18 to 25 and are currently self unemployed as Del Boy would say , far too many scrotes who think being on the dole is a self chosen career, install some discipline and manners into today lazy generation.
So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 16:51 - Jan 24 with 3728 viewsLeaky

So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 16:22 - Jan 24 by J2BLUE

Russians would be in Brussels before the EU could agree on the menu for the post meeting banquet
So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 16:52 - Jan 24 with 3714 viewsBlueBadger

So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 16:50 - Jan 24 by backwaywhen

This country definitely needs a 2 year national service , for all those that are 18 to 25 and are currently self unemployed as Del Boy would say , far too many scrotes who think being on the dole is a self chosen career, install some discipline and manners into today lazy generation.

https://newsthump.com/2024/01/24/opinion-we-should-definitely-bring-back-nationa

So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 16:53 - Jan 24 with 3692 viewsBlueBadger

So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 16:51 - Jan 24 by Leaky

Russians would be in Brussels before the EU could agree on the menu for the post meeting banquet

Given how they've had the Tories in their back pocket for most of the last 15 years they wouldn't even need tanks here.

So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 16:54 - Jan 24 with 3687 viewsStokieBlue

You make a point about manners whilst calling an entire group of people you don't know "scrotes" and "lazy".

You seem to be a rather unpleasant person.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 16:56 - Jan 24 with 3648 viewsBlueBadger

So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 16:54 - Jan 24 by StokieBlue

You make a point about manners whilst calling an entire group of people you don't know "scrotes" and "lazy".

You seem to be a rather unpleasant person.

SB

Probably stubbed his toe walking round a large village green.

So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 17:05 - Jan 24 with 3545 viewsBlueschev

I bet the Russians would be quaking in their boots at the prospect of facing an army of "lazy scrotes".
So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 17:05 - Jan 24 with 3545 viewsBlueBadger

Why are you hanging around on here in working hours?

Get back on it, scrounger.
[Post edited 24 Jan 17:05]

So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 17:09 - Jan 24 with 3516 viewsJ2BLUE

I always find it amusing when people criticise the young for wanting to live their lives and not getting their sense of self worth from their job.

Really says more about you.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 17:10 - Jan 24 with 3497 viewshomer_123

So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 16:56 - Jan 24 by BlueBadger

Probably stubbed his toe walking round a large village green.

Just spat me tea out.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 17:11 - Jan 24 with 3480 viewsLeaky

So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 16:53 - Jan 24 by BlueBadger

Given how they've had the Tories in their back pocket for most of the last 15 years they wouldn't even need tanks here.

Given that the tories have backed Ukraine possibly not. We could let Russia take over Europe and stay out of it. History teaches us that we will save them once again
So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 17:13 - Jan 24 with 3462 viewsfactual_blue

I'd start by calling up all those who can't master basic grammar.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 17:14 - Jan 24 with 3443 viewsBlueBadger

So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 17:11 - Jan 24 by Leaky

Given that the tories have backed Ukraine possibly not. We could let Russia take over Europe and stay out of it. History teaches us that we will save them once again

Mate, Boris Johnson literally gave a peerages to family members of Russian secret service agents.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60792115

Liz Truss was pictured with Russian Tory party donors.

Russian tory party donors.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/russian-donors-conservative-party-liz-tru

Boris Johnson supporting Ukraine was more a move in his part to try and shore up his crumbling popularity. If people hadn't largely seen through him at thus point they would have been a lot of hand wringing and very little action.
[Post edited 24 Jan 17:17]

So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 17:14 - Jan 24 with 3440 viewsBlueschev

Does history really teach us that?
So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 17:15 - Jan 24 with 3430 viewsStokieBlue

Russia now isn't the Russia of 40 years ago, they are struggling against Ukraine, they would have no chance in a conventional war with Europe.

Any argument framed from the stance of Russia taking over is deeply flawed.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 17:17 - Jan 24 with 3385 viewsBlueBadger

So, we're all going to fight Russia then... on 17:13 - Jan 24 by factual_blue

I'd start by calling up all those who can't master basic grammar.

Ball's.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024