Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? 14:40 - Feb 8 with 4462 viewsunstableblue

I know this has already been discussed in part.

But listening the Blue Monday pod with the EFL ‘expert’ Gaby, he seemed to suggest that Ali’s success at Wimbledon related to playing off another striker, indeed a striker who’s form and hard work were instrumental to Ali’s form.

Now of course Ali is probably not meant to be a starter for some time.. maybe not even this season. He’s a future investment. But it must be tempting McKenna to get both on the pitch to increase our threat. Which has hampered us of late.

Would it be Chaplin and the number ten role that is the casualty? So more a 4-2-4… with Sarmiento/Broadhead and Burns/Hutchison out wide. Albeit on the left the wide attacker tends to come in a little to allow Davis to go wide. Clarke deeper on the other side.

Going to be interesting.

Massive noise and support for Moore Saturday… a home goal for him would be superb.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 09:20 - Feb 9 with 931 viewsDubtractor

Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 08:51 - Feb 9 by itfcjoe

Having Moore/Ali will make a big difference - whoever we've played lately has known they can press the life out of the first receivers because there was no option to clip the ball over their head and make it stick.

Now if they want to go man for man in the press we clip it to Moore and we go from there and take half their team out of the game

Exactly this.

We all saw the difference over the two halves last weekend.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 09:30 - Feb 9 with 897 viewsWhos_blue

Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 08:16 - Feb 9 by FrimleyBlue

Tell morsy to speed up

Recently he's been showing Douglas level turning skills.
It's slow. Ponderous and has got us into trouble.

Eh?
Seriously?

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 09:33 - Feb 9 with 882 viewsWhos_blue

Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 18:39 - Feb 8 by FrimleyBlue

Suspension?

Morsy?
Our skipper?
The one who is slow, ponderous and gets us in to trouble?
[Post edited 9 Feb 9:34]

Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 09:51 - Feb 9 with 858 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 18:39 - Feb 8 by FrimleyBlue

Suspension?

Have you forgotten Morsy's?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 10:17 - Feb 9 with 840 viewsFrimleyBlue

Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 09:30 - Feb 9 by Whos_blue

Eh?
Seriously?

Yes

2 goals last week were caused by morsy as prime examples.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 10:19 - Feb 9 with 827 viewsFrimleyBlue

Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 09:51 - Feb 9 by The_Flashing_Smile

Have you forgotten Morsy's?

Well no.

But we won one and drew one game without him. So not sure why you mentioned suspensions.

Waka waka eh eh

Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 10:25 - Feb 9 with 816 viewsWhos_blue

Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 10:17 - Feb 9 by FrimleyBlue

Yes

2 goals last week were caused by morsy as prime examples.

Including the one where he was fouled?

Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 10:45 - Feb 9 with 796 viewsFrimleyBlue

Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 10:25 - Feb 9 by Whos_blue

Including the one where he was fouled?

Yes.

Reason 1. It wasn't a foul but we've seen them given.

Reason 2. He took so long to get going he made it easier for the preston player to get alongside him.

Waka waka eh eh

Login to get fewer ads

Obviously he’s exaggerating…. on 10:52 - Feb 9 with 785 viewsBloots

Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 09:30 - Feb 9 by Whos_blue

Eh?
Seriously?

….but in essence he’s right.

Morsy slows down our transition phase massively. It was really obvious I. Comparison to how quickly PNE broke forward last week,

He needs to either make a quicker progressive pass, or release it quickly to someone who will.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Obviously he’s exaggerating…. on 11:37 - Feb 9 with 769 viewsWhos_blue

Obviously he’s exaggerating…. on 10:52 - Feb 9 by Bloots

Morsy slows down our transition phase massively. It was really obvious I. Comparison to how quickly PNE broke forward last week,

He needs to either make a quicker progressive pass, or release it quickly to someone who will.

Ok. Can't say I've particularly noticed this.
I'll have a closer look tomorrow.

Obviously he’s exaggerating…. on 11:57 - Feb 9 with 746 viewsWhos_blue

Obviously he’s exaggerating…. on 10:52 - Feb 9 by Bloots

Your comment got me thinking.
I looked up the MoM awards and currently Morsy and Hladky are tieing on 8 each. Not scientific and there are some odd scores given to players some times, but if people are voting in reasonable numbers, it's safe to say the cream generally rise to the top.
Also, Morsy has played almost every minute of every game he's played under KM, so we can only presume he's content with his role in all our transitions?
I'm really not sure I've noticed how he has consistently slowed down our transitions. Perhaps he's had to hold the ball up whilst waiting for a quicker transition from colleagues?
I'm certainly not buying slow and ponderous or a comparison with Dougie.

Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 11:57 - Feb 9 with 743 views44_not_out

Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 10:45 - Feb 9 by FrimleyBlue

Yes.

Reason 2. He took so long to get going he made it easier for the preston player to get alongside him.

So Morsy is caught out and makes two very rare errors (and I also thought he was fouled for the 1st goal) and now he’s slow and ponderous

Wow…. Nothing like being reactionary. He has been our best player for over a year, leads us on and off the pitch. He’s brave in possession and opposition team struggle to deal with him. He started wave after wave of attacks in the second half….. but yeah he’s become slow and ponderous.

You really haven’t got a clue
Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 12:14 - Feb 9 with 724 viewsFrimleyBlue

Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 11:57 - Feb 9 by 44_not_out

So Morsy is caught out and makes two very rare errors (and I also thought he was fouled for the 1st goal) and now he’s slow and ponderous

Wow…. Nothing like being reactionary. He has been our best player for over a year, leads us on and off the pitch. He’s brave in possession and opposition team struggle to deal with him. He started wave after wave of attacks in the second half….. but yeah he’s become slow and ponderous.

You really haven’t got a clue

No he's always been that way and I've commented on it before, it's just the speed in which in plays.

However as you mention the 2nd half that was much better and what we needed. But need to see that much earlier on from him.

It's OK to be critical about players even the club captain.

The one who doesn't have a clue is you if you feel its not possible to have a discussion about a player without being insulting.

Waka waka eh eh

Obviously he’s exaggerating…. on 12:17 - Feb 9 with 717 viewsFrimleyBlue

Obviously he’s exaggerating…. on 11:57 - Feb 9 by Whos_blue

Your comment got me thinking.
I looked up the MoM awards and currently Morsy and Hladky are tieing on 8 each. Not scientific and there are some odd scores given to players some times, but if people are voting in reasonable numbers, it's safe to say the cream generally rise to the top.
Also, Morsy has played almost every minute of every game he's played under KM, so we can only presume he's content with his role in all our transitions?
I'm really not sure I've noticed how he has consistently slowed down our transitions. Perhaps he's had to hold the ball up whilst waiting for a quicker transition from colleagues?
I'm certainly not buying slow and ponderous or a comparison with Dougie.

Honestly look back first half last week and watch only morsy. He was so slow and no not just waiting for others.

Also. At times he literally stood still. I've never actually seen him do that before.. but he actually did rather than move to receive a pass.

Waka waka eh eh

Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 12:20 - Feb 9 with 708 views44_not_out

Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 12:14 - Feb 9 by FrimleyBlue

No he's always been that way and I've commented on it before, it's just the speed in which in plays.

However as you mention the 2nd half that was much better and what we needed. But need to see that much earlier on from him.

It's OK to be critical about players even the club captain.

The one who doesn't have a clue is you if you feel its not possible to have a discussion about a player without being insulting.

I’m all for a discussion but when the discussion becomes absurd, I think it’s ok to point it out.

If saying ‘you haven’t got a clue’ is an insult apologies….. but it is only what those on here who know a bit about the game think.
[Post edited 9 Feb 12:22]
Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 12:34 - Feb 9 with 684 viewsFrimleyBlue

Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 12:20 - Feb 9 by 44_not_out

I’m all for a discussion but when the discussion becomes absurd, I think it’s ok to point it out.

If saying ‘you haven’t got a clue’ is an insult apologies….. but it is only what those on here who know a bit about the game think.
[Post edited 9 Feb 12:22]

Personally. I can't see how anyone can think he's fast out the blocks tbh.

It's quite obvious as another poster has acknowledged too.

Waka waka eh eh

Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 12:50 - Feb 9 with 668 viewsgosblue

Moore and Al-Hamadi give us different options. Moore is the hold it up and let everyone join in type, Al-Hamadi suits a more high press with numbers set up. Hirst is able to adapt to both systems and I’m sure we’ll be working to get Moore playing both ways. Harry Kane never did it for England or Spurs but he seems to be managing it very well at Bayern. We’ve got some of the best coaches and analysis in the country so anything is possible.
Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 15:22 - Feb 9 with 634 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 10:19 - Feb 9 by FrimleyBlue

Well no.

But we won one and drew one game without him. So not sure why you mentioned suspensions.

Wrong again. We've won one and drew two without him. Certainly QPR at home we'd have a much better chance of winning with Morsy in the team. That's 2 points dropped, so perfectly valid to mention.

Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 15:23 - Feb 9 with 633 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 10:45 - Feb 9 by FrimleyBlue

Yes.

Reason 1 the officials have literally apologised for getting that wrong.

Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 15:44 - Feb 9 with 610 viewsFrimleyBlue

Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 15:23 - Feb 9 by The_Flashing_Smile

Reason 1 the officials have literally apologised for getting that wrong.

As I said, we see them given.

Waka waka eh eh

Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 15:52 - Feb 9 with 604 viewsFrimleyBlue

Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 15:22 - Feb 9 by The_Flashing_Smile

Wrong again. We've won one and drew two without him. Certainly QPR at home we'd have a much better chance of winning with Morsy in the team. That's 2 points dropped, so perfectly valid to mention.

Ah yeah his verbal abuse suspension.

Waka waka eh eh

Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 16:15 - Feb 9 with 591 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Do we change shape to accommodate Moore and Ali?? on 15:44 - Feb 9 by FrimleyBlue

As I said, we see them given.

You also said "It wasn't a foul". But the officials have apologised for it. So it clearly was a foul. If it were debatable the officials wouldn't be apologising for it. Simple as that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024