Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moore on the bench for WBA please. 23:19 - Feb 8 with 3086 viewsAviator

I must be the only one who thinks so!

I would start Ali up front. The substitution would be to bring Moore on sacrificing Chaplin and going two up front. Probably combined with other impact players.

Starting Moore would have us too ‘direct’ from the off and giving us no plan B. And I don’t think he can do the full 90.
Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 23:32 - Feb 8 with 2651 viewsHighgateBlue

Hopefully we won't need a plan B, but if we do, having him up front with Ali for the last 30 mins in a 4-4-2 would constitute an acceptable plan B.

I think he's our current nailed on number one striker, and he should start. I also don't see why he can't play the 'Hirst role'. I don't think we need be any more 'direct' than when we were in our rich vein of form. I would love to see more of either of them, but Moore is the more natural fit into KMac's preferred system, surely, and he's bang in form in front of goal. Unlike our team as a whole, I hate to point out.
Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 23:52 - Feb 8 with 2594 viewsAviator

Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 23:32 - Feb 8 by HighgateBlue

Hopefully we won't need a plan B, but if we do, having him up front with Ali for the last 30 mins in a 4-4-2 would constitute an acceptable plan B.

I think he's our current nailed on number one striker, and he should start. I also don't see why he can't play the 'Hirst role'. I don't think we need be any more 'direct' than when we were in our rich vein of form. I would love to see more of either of them, but Moore is the more natural fit into KMac's preferred system, surely, and he's bang in form in front of goal. Unlike our team as a whole, I hate to point out.

I was a concerned we were a little one dimensional when Moore came on against Preston. Obviously it worked in the end but it took him half an hour. Ali had two shots on target in his 9 minutes. Giving to be interesting to see how KMac plays this.
Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 23:54 - Feb 8 with 2585 viewsJ2BLUE

Complete opposite for me.

Moore to start to batter their defenders and hopefully get us ahead then Ali on for last 30 mins alongside two other impact attacking subs.

Batter them then run them into the ground.

Just to be clear, not suggesting Moore is merely a battering ram by any means.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 23:56 - Feb 8 with 2585 viewsIllinoisblue

I’ve read lots about how Moore supposedly “can’t do 90 mins”. When the fk did we accept that professional footballers can’t play a full game?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 04:39 - Feb 9 with 2379 viewsBondiBlue

Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 23:56 - Feb 8 by Illinoisblue

I’ve read lots about how Moore supposedly “can’t do 90 mins”. When the fk did we accept that professional footballers can’t play a full game?

There's a good argument that the game has sped up. Not great data but the sheer amount of heart attacks on the pitch these days suggests it's more demanding on the body.

As for moore doing 90 - if he plays at the pace mckenna wants him to, no chance. If he plays at the pace mick wanted him to, he could play all night.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 05:14 - Feb 9 with 2346 viewsMK1

Moore has to start. We would start with Hirst if he was fit. Moore must start.
Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 06:09 - Feb 9 with 2287 viewsPioneerBlue

I assume the 60/30 or 70/20 min split comes now we ask players to run over c10 k (depends on position) in a game in short sprints plus the weekly training load.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 06:34 - Feb 9 with 2236 viewsbobbyramsey

We have a few of players who apparently can't play a full game. I do find that really odd too.
[Post edited 9 Feb 6:37]
Login to get fewer ads

Moore on the bench for WBA please. (n/t) on 07:18 - Feb 9 with 2136 viewsbobbyramsey

Double post......
[Post edited 9 Feb 7:21]
Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 07:31 - Feb 9 with 2077 viewsSheffordBlue

Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 06:34 - Feb 9 by bobbyramsey

We have a few of players who apparently can't play a full game. I do find that really odd too.
[Post edited 9 Feb 6:37]

Think there's a difference between "can't" and choosing not to. Our forwards are often asked to go out and absolutely rinse themselves for 60-70 minutes in the knowledge they'll then be replaced by fresher players. If they're not replaced then they'll either pace themselves more in the earlier part of the game or their performance levels will drop off.

The amount of high speed sprinting players are asked to do has increased over the years.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 09:06 - Feb 9 with 1820 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 04:39 - Feb 9 by BondiBlue

There's a good argument that the game has sped up. Not great data but the sheer amount of heart attacks on the pitch these days suggests it's more demanding on the body.

As for moore doing 90 - if he plays at the pace mckenna wants him to, no chance. If he plays at the pace mick wanted him to, he could play all night.

“If he plays at the pace Mick wanted him to”

What an appalling sample size you’ve gone with there.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 09:07 - Feb 9 with 1819 viewsGuthrum

Since the 5-sub rule came in, when it's no longer so important.

I think it's more about our style, which expends 90 minutes worth of energy in two-thirds of that time. The aim being to run the opposition out of steam also, but with inferior (or less effective) substitutes available.

We're playing on fast forward.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 09:12 - Feb 9 with 1780 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 09:07 - Feb 9 by Guthrum

I think it's more about our style, which expends 90 minutes worth of energy in two-thirds of that time. The aim being to run the opposition out of steam also, but with inferior (or less effective) substitutes available.

Yep, it’s precisely why we’ve such an enviable record of gaining points from losing positions .

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 09:25 - Feb 9 with 1701 viewsWhos_blue

Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 23:52 - Feb 8 by Aviator

I was a concerned we were a little one dimensional when Moore came on against Preston. Obviously it worked in the end but it took him half an hour. Ali had two shots on target in his 9 minutes. Giving to be interesting to see how KMac plays this.

We had to be a little one dimensional when KM came on as we were 3-0 down.
When Hirst plays we are not one dimensional, so with KM in effect replacing Hirst, it follows we would not resort to a direct "lump it up to KM" style.
KM starts for me.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 09:37 - Feb 9 with 1642 viewstractorboy1978

Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 09:25 - Feb 9 by Whos_blue

We had to be a little one dimensional when KM came on as we were 3-0 down.
When Hirst plays we are not one dimensional, so with KM in effect replacing Hirst, it follows we would not resort to a direct "lump it up to KM" style.
KM starts for me.

We didn't lump it in the second half vs Preston though. We crossed it into the box more but our build up play didn't change much if at all.

Posted this elsewhere but I see Moore becoming a bit like Morsy and he plays every minute he's available unless we are really comfortable in a game. Can't see him having to get through the volume or type of work Hirst did, our game will adapt a bit. I think he's going to be absolutely crucial for us.
Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 09:44 - Feb 9 with 1610 viewsWhos_blue

Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 09:37 - Feb 9 by tractorboy1978

We didn't lump it in the second half vs Preston though. We crossed it into the box more but our build up play didn't change much if at all.

Posted this elsewhere but I see Moore becoming a bit like Morsy and he plays every minute he's available unless we are really comfortable in a game. Can't see him having to get through the volume or type of work Hirst did, our game will adapt a bit. I think he's going to be absolutely crucial for us.

Yes. I don't think my point came across well. I know we didn't lump it up. That was the point I was making in response to another couple of posts about being direct or one dimensional.
We were never one dimensional with Hirst, so no reason why we would be with KM.
I think we're on the same page!

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 09:46 - Feb 9 with 1601 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

You're missing the context of "in a McKenna system". The Hirst role, especially.

I'm astonished by your question and the amount of up-arrows TBH. We've been playing this system for 2 years now.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 09:48 - Feb 9 with 1589 viewspositivity

Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 09:06 - Feb 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

not that small, mick lasted almost a year at cardiff with moore there

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 09:50 - Feb 9 with 1580 viewspositivity

Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 09:07 - Feb 9 by Guthrum

yes mckenna's consistently said he expects his front players to run themselves into the ground for 60-70 minutes in the expectation that new legs will take over

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 10:09 - Feb 9 with 1521 viewsYallop2

Moore has to start. West Brom defenders will not be looking forward to facing him after his performance last week and that might open gaps for the likes of Chaplin and Broadhead
Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 10:53 - Feb 9 with 1414 viewsDarkHorse

Totally disagree.

It's a game we need to compete physically in and score first - Moore gives us the best chance of doing that.
Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 13:02 - Feb 9 with 1310 viewsBondiBlue

Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 09:06 - Feb 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

More a dig at mick than moore.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 13:16 - Feb 9 with 1251 viewstextbackup

You’d play a bloke from L2 over a bloke from the prem, with euro/World Cup experience, against a team that have already beaten us this season, looking pretty comfortable when doing so… that we really need to get a win against after a few weeks of not great results?

Ok

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 13:22 - Feb 9 with 1213 viewsNutkins_Return

Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 09:46 - Feb 9 by The_Flashing_Smile

You're missing the context of "in a McKenna system". The Hirst role, especially.

I'm astonished by your question and the amount of up-arrows TBH. We've been playing this system for 2 years now.

Yes, I mean we are set up to press and geared to loading the substitutions up top. Hirst or anyone in the role shouldn't be pacing themselves for 90. They pace themselves for up to 70-75 max and coming off anywhere between 60-75. We know we will load the forward positions with subs at this point.

It's not that they can't play 90 and if needed for certain games it wouldn't be an issue. But we know we will look to overwhelm teams with our energy at the end of games.
Moore on the bench for WBA please. on 14:04 - Feb 9 with 1136 viewsWickets

I have always thought you should start your best eleven add apply your subs accordingly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024