Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welcome display for Mowbray and Venus for Brum match 20:37 - Feb 12 with 2485 viewsRIPbobby

Supporters of an age will remember probably our last awesome team (prior to current decent side) which had Mowbray and Venus as centre halves. It would be kinda cool if we could do a welcome display for them. Some of us remember how great we were and sending out our appreciation would be the correct thing to do. Can't remember what the young chaps who do these displays is, but hopefully they would consider this.
Welcome display for Mowbray and Venus for Brum match on 20:42 - Feb 12 with 2434 views_clive_baker_

I'm now sat here realising that I officially meet the definition of 'of an age'.

Cheers then.
Welcome display for Mowbray and Venus for Brum match on 20:43 - Feb 12 with 2421 viewsTractorCam

Legends yes, but they are in the opposition dugout, so no.

Also I have no idea about Venus but Mowbray has been back many times as a manager.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Welcome display for Mowbray and Venus for Brum match on 20:45 - Feb 12 with 2404 viewsmonkeymagic

Welcome display for Mowbray and Venus for Brum match on 20:42 - Feb 12 by _clive_baker_

I'm now sat here realising that I officially meet the definition of 'of an age'.

Cheers then.

Depressing isn’t it. I only get post from Saga and Sun Life these days.
Welcome display for Mowbray and Venus for Brum match on 20:46 - Feb 12 with 2394 viewsRIPbobby

Welcome display for Mowbray and Venus for Brum match on 20:43 - Feb 12 by TractorCam

Also I have no idea about Venus but Mowbray has been back many times as a manager.

My point is we should cherish the former favourites who were great. Let's make our own rules and just not follow others.

Would also inspire our players to try and achieve what they did. We remember them let's shout it out.
Welcome display for Mowbray and Venus for Brum match on 20:52 - Feb 12 with 2364 viewsMattinLondon

Welcome display for Mowbray and Venus for Brum match on 20:46 - Feb 12 by RIPbobby

My point is we should cherish the former favourites who were great. Let's make our own rules and just not follow others.

Would also inspire our players to try and achieve what they did. We remember them let's shout it out.

I’m not sure that a display is warranted - both of them will be fully aware what that team means to the club. But that was in the past. Clap them as they emerge on to the pitch, maybe sing them a song when we’re 4-0 up and clap them off the pitch. But no to a display for them.
Welcome display for Mowbray and Venus for Brum match on 20:52 - Feb 12 with 2365 viewsgainsboroughblue

Welcome display for Mowbray and Venus for Brum match on 20:43 - Feb 12 by TractorCam

Venus is Mogga's go to right hand man so I suspect he's been here each time Mowbray has.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Welcome display for Mowbray and Venus for Brum match on 20:54 - Feb 12 with 2350 viewsSitfcB

ffs no.

They’ve been back plenty of times.

Polite applause will be enough, as always, and that’ll probably be from the Britannia Stand as they walk to the dug out.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Welcome display for Mowbray and Venus for Brum match on 20:56 - Feb 12 with 2327 viewsDubtractor

Welcome display for Mowbray and Venus for Brum match on 20:42 - Feb 12 by _clive_baker_

Cheers then.

You old!

tbh I think I'm older though.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Welcome display for Mowbray and Venus for Brum match on 21:05 - Feb 12 with 2274 viewsIllinoisblue

That would be sure to give our own manager and players a lift, I’m sure.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Welcome display for Mowbray and Venus for Brum match on 22:03 - Feb 12 with 2191 viewsbournemouthblue

Supporters of 'an age', I'm 36, am I an OAP now?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Welcome display for Mowbray and Venus for Brum match on 22:08 - Feb 12 with 2167 viewscressi

No we need to win respect yes but all about us I'm afraid
Welcome display for Mowbray and Venus for Brum match on 22:40 - Feb 12 with 2101 viewstextbackup

God I loved them 2, Chuck in a bit of McGreal…
Clapham, Croft

Jim holland jamma

Johnson and Stewart.

I’m convinced when my time is up, those faces, and them days will flash before my eyes

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Welcome display for Mowbray and Venus for Brum match on 22:49 - Feb 12 with 2058 viewsNeedhamChris

We had enough Maidstone supporters the other week, we don't need any additional Brum fans.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Welcome display for Mowbray and Venus for Brum match on 02:21 - Feb 13 with 1926 viewsheavyweight

I hope Mogga gets a good reception tomorrow. by heavyweight 3 Aug 2018 11:51
One of the most emotional times I've had at Portman road was the return of SBR with his Newcastle side and the welcome he got from the crowd.

I know Mogga isn't quite of that status but I think he deserves a welcome too.

It seems he's only worth a little polite applause.
Welcome display for Mowbray and Venus for Brum match on 06:27 - Feb 13 with 1840 viewsBarcaBlue

Cheers then.

You're only "of an age" when you've lived through a period of time and can't remember it. I think you're still fine. Just.
Welcome display for Mowbray and Venus for Brum match on 06:43 - Feb 13 with 1816 viewsduke_maiden

Talking of Venus, didn't one of his belters of a free kick end Alex Notmans career? That man had some left foot.
Welcome display for Mowbray and Venus for Brum match on 07:42 - Feb 13 with 1728 viewsEastTownBlue

Welcome display for Mowbray and Venus for Brum match on 06:43 - Feb 13 by duke_maiden

Talking of Venus, didn't one of his belters of a free kick end Alex Notmans career? That man had some left foot.

Yes and he also got a yellow card for encroachment.
Welcome display for Mowbray and Venus for Brum match on 17:42 - Feb 13 with 1479 viewsWestSussexBlue

Welcome display for Mowbray and Venus for Brum match on 20:46 - Feb 12 by RIPbobby

I know, let’s just all cheer for Brum that day to show how much we respect Mogga and Venus!
Welcome display for Mowbray and Venus for Brum match on 21:37 - Feb 19 with 1137 viewsRIPbobby

I wondered if anyone would be changing their mind now? Got to send out support to him.
Welcome display for Mowbray and Venus for Brum match on 08:18 - Feb 20 with 859 viewsNeedhamChris

Welcome display for Mowbray and Venus for Brum match on 21:37 - Feb 19 by RIPbobby

I wondered if anyone would be changing their mind now? Got to send out support to him.

Your original idea is still terrible.

But yes, we should show support to him (one chant is enough - no need to do a display)

Best wishes to him of course, hope it's nothing too serious.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Welcome display for Mowbray and Venus for Brum match on 08:43 - Feb 20 with 791 viewsTractorCam

Welcome display for Mowbray and Venus for Brum match on 21:37 - Feb 19 by RIPbobby

To be fair, yes. A "Get well soon Mogga" banner after the game would probably be the best time to have it. Would be more effective near the away end though so their fans and Venus can see it.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024