Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we at the no (or virtually no) rotation stage now? 20:15 - Feb 17 with 1245 viewstractorboy1978

I think so. The team almost picks itself for me with the only question mark over which of Hutchinson and Burns starts. When we got to this stage last season, McKenna went with a settled 11 and I can see that happening again.
Are we at the no (or virtually no) rotation stage now? on 20:29 - Feb 17 with 1164 viewsBarcaBlue

We didn't quite have the same squad depth last season quality-wise so it probably picked itself for the run in. I doubt we'll see many changes per match but players will need helping with niggles and fatigue. There's also the opposition that will be stronger and we may make tweaks as a result.

I think there will still be rotation but one or two per match at most (ideally).
Are we at the no (or virtually no) rotation stage now? on 20:33 - Feb 17 with 1137 viewspointofblue

Not quite, I'd say. I thought Luongo looked very tired in the second half today, and we're still nursing Clarke through his injury though, without Williams, there isn't a like for like replacement for him. Have been surprised by the use of Hutchinson from the off over the past two games as had thought the front four was locked.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Are we at the no (or virtually no) rotation stage now? on 20:58 - Feb 17 with 1055 viewsNthQldITFC

Not for me, because one or two players are looking tired - Luongo and, dare I say it, Morsy in particular - and also because we have much better, or at least more comparable replacements available so that the swap out, in targeted places doesn't cost us so much.

I could see, for example, Travis playing 90 against Rotherham with Morsy and perhaps Harness sharing the other role (or even Harness/Humphreys/Ball if it's going well).

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Are we at the no (or virtually no) rotation stage now? on 21:07 - Feb 17 with 1024 viewsBarcaBlue

Are we at the no (or virtually no) rotation stage now? on 20:58 - Feb 17 by NthQldITFC

Not for me, because one or two players are looking tired - Luongo and, dare I say it, Morsy in particular - and also because we have much better, or at least more comparable replacements available so that the swap out, in targeted places doesn't cost us so much.

I could see, for example, Travis playing 90 against Rotherham with Morsy and perhaps Harness sharing the other role (or even Harness/Humphreys/Ball if it's going well).

I thought Morsy looked uncharacteristically jaded today too. Thing is we don't know who are playing through niggles, who are slightly under the weather or whether it was just a bit of a blip that we won't see again this season. Difficult to say for definite but I think there will still be changes til the end of the season, not wholesale but players coming in and out.
Are we at the no (or virtually no) rotation stage now? on 21:26 - Feb 17 with 951 viewssouthnorfolkblue

I think it will be minor tweaks rather than wholesale changes. As some else has said I can see Travis starting Tuesday. The front 4 seem fairly interchangeable without there being a noticeable drop off in standard

Poll: Our final position

Are we at the no (or virtually no) rotation stage now? on 21:29 - Feb 17 with 938 viewsblueislander

Are we at the no (or virtually no) rotation stage now? on 21:26 - Feb 17 by southnorfolkblue

I think it will be minor tweaks rather than wholesale changes. As some else has said I can see Travis starting Tuesday. The front 4 seem fairly interchangeable without there being a noticeable drop off in standard

How long before Taylor is for?
Are we at the no (or virtually no) rotation stage now? on 21:43 - Feb 17 with 880 viewsbluelagos

No. Some of the players looked shattered in the last 20 mins. .

The intensity we play at means using the squad is going to be important, not just using subs for the last 20 mins.

Hats off to Moray, he was still putting in some defensive runs/cover in the final few minutes. But a fresh Taylor would have been very handy.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Are we at the no (or virtually no) rotation stage now? on 21:50 - Feb 17 with 838 viewsdavblue

Are we at the no (or virtually no) rotation stage now? on 21:07 - Feb 17 by BarcaBlue

I thought Morsy looked uncharacteristically jaded today too. Thing is we don't know who are playing through niggles, who are slightly under the weather or whether it was just a bit of a blip that we won't see again this season. Difficult to say for definite but I think there will still be changes til the end of the season, not wholesale but players coming in and out.

Thought that was a tough game in the centre of the park today. Heavy pitch won’t have helped obviously, looked a real, challenge to move the ball easily on their 2nd half especially.
Login to get fewer ads

Are we at the no (or virtually no) rotation stage now? on 21:56 - Feb 17 with 811 viewscbower

Are we at the no (or virtually no) rotation stage now? on 20:58 - Feb 17 by NthQldITFC

I was really surprised when, at 3 up after 70 minutes on Wednesday, Morsy was not withdrawn. Not just to save his legs but also to avoidcracking up another card. Mind you, with the exception of the cup game against Wimbledon, Morsy had a bit of a rest in January with suspension didn't he.

bluescouser

Are we at the no (or virtually no) rotation stage now? on 08:35 - Feb 18 with 561 viewstractorboy1978

I just think we cannot afford to try and be too clever. It's 'best 11' for the first 60 in every game now for me, injuries permitting. That Morsy-Luongo partnership is our best and most dynamic by a distance. I remember thinking last season eventually Luongo would be rested but it never came.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024