Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can't ask for anything more than we're getting at the moment, can we? 09:56 - Feb 18 with 1303 viewsSomethingBlue

Every time we slip up a little bit it's worth remembering that, in almost any other season, we would be bang on course to go up automatically by a fair margin. What a great win that was yesterday, I was worried about the quick turnaround post-Millwall but we managed most elements of that match brilliantly. Very encouraging that a number of our attacking players are hitting some real form – been a great week in particular for Hutchinson and Broadhead. I only have one real worry at the moment and that's the injury tightrope we are treading at full-back.

Big couple of home games ahead, neither will be easy and they'll bring moments of frustration I'm certain, but it's a massive opportunity to bring up another six points and make sure we're bang in the conversation for the run-in. Saints might not have it easy against a mercurial Hull on Tuesday; we could probably do with Leicester getting a result at Leeds on Friday but, if not, let's see how they can cope with being reeled in slightly. Let's hope we have, like last year, hit our groove at exactly the right time.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Can't ask for anything more than we're getting at the moment, can we? on 10:05 - Feb 18 with 1225 viewsNthQldITFC

Well put. My other area of concern is managing the fatigue levels of Morsy and Luongo, both I think have looked just a little tired at times in recent games.

I'd be giving Travis 90 as the deeper of the pair on Tuesday and sharing the other place between one of Morsy and Luongo plus a good long period for either Harness, Ball or Humphreys. If I was feeling confident I'd actually start Travis and Humphreys but with Morsy on the bench.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Can't ask for anything more than we're getting at the moment, can we? on 10:08 - Feb 18 with 1204 viewsITFC_Forever

Oops. Fat thumbs downvoted by mistake, was supposed to be an uppy.

I too thought the turnaround from a Wednesday night away game to one of our furthest away games might cause a problem, but it didn’t at all, we put a real shift in yesterday.

The other thing in our favour is that to have an uber-consistent winning run would be daunting to most teams, to win 5, 6, 7 in a row at such a crucial time in the season. But to our group of players, they know it can be done, as they did it 12 months ago… they know what it requires mentally and physically.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Can't ask for anything more than we're getting at the moment, can we? on 10:23 - Feb 18 with 1123 viewstractorboy1978

Yes, we can't ask for anymore. All we can do is focus on ourselves and what will be will be elsewhere. It'll be good to have the games played evened up after Tuesday night. I suspect the race for the top 2 is going to go all the way and there are plenty of twists and turns left.

It's mad that we are 6 points better off than we were at this stage of last season. We are 3 points off the total needed for 6th last season with 14 games spare. What we are doing really isn't normal.
Can't ask for anything more than we're getting at the moment, can we? on 10:25 - Feb 18 with 1120 viewsJakeITFC

These really are brilliant times to support Ipswich. Almost any circumstance you throw at this team over the last two years we’ve managed to overcome (except maybe fog!).

My clutching at straws for automatic promotion is that maybe Southampton and Leeds have gone tok early - they’ve needed absolute mega runs (Saints unbeaten since September, Leeds eight wins on the spin) to just be level or slightly ahead of us. It would take something never seen before for them to continue in that vain through to May (in which case they’ll definitely deserve promotion). If we just keep plugging away then we might be ready to pounce if and when the hiccups occur. That being said, we are going to finish on at least a total in the mid-80s point wise and you just have to accept that it’s hard for us to have done any more at that point.
Can't ask for anything more than we're getting at the moment, can we? on 11:00 - Feb 18 with 1015 viewsSwansea_Blue

Agreed. Even though we’ve slipped to fourth, we really can’t ask for anything other than the total focus, dedication and effort everyone at the club is showing. KM’s post match comments remind us that this is essentially the same group of players we got together in L1 and whilst growing together they’re still punching well above their weight individually. (KM’s excellent at managing expectations isn’t he?).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Can't ask for anything more than we're getting at the moment, can we? on 14:23 - Feb 18 with 748 viewsIllinoisblue

I keep staring at the league table. Fewest defeats of all and it’s mid February. It’s beyond belief. I do think being tucked in in 4th place is perfect for us now. Let the expectations of Leeds and Saints weigh them down and see how they cope. We’ll just do our thing and see where it gets us.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Can't ask for anything more than we're getting at the moment, can we? on 15:09 - Feb 18 with 644 viewsVic

You're not wrong! I've just looked back on here - https://www.worldfootball.net/schedule/eng-championship-2012-2013-spieltag/32/
and can see that in every single season for the last 10years after32 games we would COMFORTABLY be in the top two, and most seasons we'd be top!

It's a magnificent effort this season and would be such a shame if it doesn't result in promotion at the end. But one of the top 4 (if we can stay the pace) will be bitterly disappointed.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024