Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester City - Fixtures 23:59 - Feb 24 with 6824 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

Next 5 league fixtures for them all quite difficult. Will be interesting to see if they can maintain a significant gap:

QPR at home (they should get 3 points there)
Sunderland away (tricky)
Hull away (very tricky)
Southampton at home (also tough)
Bristol City away (we've seen how good Bristol City can be at some points this season)

If Leeds, Southampton and yours truly keep up momentum,the table could be very interesting by the end of March
Leicester City - Fixtures on 07:39 - Mar 30 with 1184 viewsBlue_Heath

QPR at home (they should get 3 points there) Should but QPR picked up of late
Sunderland away (tricky) Sunderland have gone right off
Hull away (very tricky) Depends which Hull turn up
Southampton at home (also tough) Depends if they are still in with a shout of top two
Bristol City away (we've seen how good Bristol City can be at some points this season) Depends which turn up

They could easily win one, get a few draws or win all 5, it is impossible to predict.

Don't forget we have Saints, Hull, Cov, Scum and bogey team Huddersfield last day who may well need a win to stay up?
Leicester City - Fixtures on 07:47 - Mar 30 with 1149 viewsMK1

Leicester City - Fixtures on 07:38 - Mar 30 by ArnieM

For Leicester’s players ( having spent the whole season looking down on the rest of the division with a massive gap for a safety net), to now find themselves 3rd and that gap gone, will have an impact on their physiology. All of a sudden they now “ can’t afford to drop any more points”. Teams playing them will see them in a different light- more bearable. That pendulum swings. Leicester are in a bad run of form at exactly the wrong time of the season and the pressure will surely be building. It’ll be interesting to see how they cope with that pressure. Despite being an outstanding team, they are still flesh and blood and human. The mind is 90% of performance.

"Leicester are in a bad run of form at exactly the wrong time of the season".
I am sure you meant to put...
Leicester are in a bad run of form at exactly the RIGHT time of the season.
Leicester City - Fixtures on 08:44 - Mar 30 with 1071 viewsArnieM

Leicester City - Fixtures on 07:47 - Mar 30 by MK1

"Leicester are in a bad run of form at exactly the wrong time of the season".
I am sure you meant to put...
Leicester are in a bad run of form at exactly the RIGHT time of the season.

lol, well yes…. It depends from whose perspective you are viewing it. I was placing myself for a moment in the Leicester camp. But from our camp, absolutely is the right time!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Leicester City - Fixtures on 08:51 - Mar 30 with 1058 viewsBloomBlue

For Leicester’s players ( having spent the whole season looking down on the rest of the division with a massive gap for a safety net), to now find themselves 3rd and that gap gone, will have an impact on their physiology. All of a sudden they now “ can’t afford to drop any more points”. Teams playing them will see them in a different light- more bearable. That pendulum swings. Leicester are in a bad run of form at exactly the wrong time of the season and the pressure will surely be building. It’ll be interesting to see how they cope with that pressure. Despite being an outstanding team, they are still flesh and blood and human. The mind is 90% of performance.

Squeaky bum time. There will be more twists and turns before the end of the season.
A lot of fans don't appreciate how the end of season run-in completely changes a players mindset.

As Sir Alex said ' a player can go from never missing a pass for 30+ games, to passing to the opposition everytime in the final run-in games. All caused by the mindset of squeaky bum time'
Leicester City - Fixtures on 09:22 - Mar 30 with 990 viewsOldsmoker

Leicester City - Fixtures on 07:39 - Mar 30 by Blue_Heath

QPR at home (they should get 3 points there) Should but QPR picked up of late
Sunderland away (tricky) Sunderland have gone right off
Hull away (very tricky) Depends which Hull turn up
Southampton at home (also tough) Depends if they are still in with a shout of top two
Bristol City away (we've seen how good Bristol City can be at some points this season) Depends which turn up

They could easily win one, get a few draws or win all 5, it is impossible to predict.

Don't forget we have Saints, Hull, Cov, Scum and bogey team Huddersfield last day who may well need a win to stay up?

Which side of the bed did you get out of this morning?

v QPR lost 2-1
v Sunderland won 1-0
v Hull drew 2-2
v Soton postponed
v Bristol lost 1-0

All history.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Leicester City - Fixtures on 09:39 - Mar 30 with 955 viewsChrisd

Yes tricky on paper. Nevertheless, our run in doesn’t look any easier. Southampton next, the Canaries, Coventry City and Hull City all away and pushing for a play off spot. There’s going to be a lot of twists and turns over the remaining 7 games.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Leicester City - Fixtures on 10:23 - Mar 30 with 883 viewsRyorry

Leicester City - Fixtures on 09:39 - Mar 30 by Chrisd

Yes tricky on paper. Nevertheless, our run in doesn’t look any easier. Southampton next, the Canaries, Coventry City and Hull City all away and pushing for a play off spot. There’s going to be a lot of twists and turns over the remaining 7 games.

In a way, I'd rather have the more 'tricky' looking games on the run-in for us than the 'easier' looking ones, considering how we've struggled in some of our away games against Hudds, Brum, Rotherham & Cardiff; & home to QPR this season.

That's before even considering banana skins against supposedly 'lesser' teams in previous seasons!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Leicester City - Fixtures on 10:28 - Mar 30 with 875 viewsAlberto_the_frog

I think it's more likely to have an effect on their psychology than their physiology.
Login to get fewer ads

Leicester City - Fixtures on 10:45 - Mar 30 with 845 viewsWeWereZombies

Leicester City - Fixtures on 10:28 - Mar 30 by Alberto_the_frog

I think it's more likely to have an effect on their psychology than their physiology.

Is that a more beatable way of putting it ?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Leicester City - Fixtures on 10:46 - Mar 30 with 843 viewsOldFart71

Let's face it, nobody knows. You get 100 people and 99 will predict different outcomes. All the top four have difficult games. Yesterday it appears we were a shade lucky and it was a mega bonus that the other three dropped points. But football is so unpredictable. I often do free predictions on the online bookies websites and whilst I don't profess to know the leagues inside out I do know a bit about teams and week in week out teams from all divisions expected to win end up drawing or losing. Town are in an excellent position but even one result means we drop to third. I wouldn't put money on any of Town, Leeds and Leicester. If we beat Southampton we could virtually kill them off . On the other hand ,,,,,,,,,
Leicester City - Fixtures on 11:21 - Mar 30 with 794 viewsRadlett_blue

Leicester City - Fixtures on 09:39 - Mar 30 by Chrisd

My Leicester supporting mate is now feeling quite negative. They've definitely lost form at the wrong time for them & the right time for us. Beat Saints on Monday & they're pretty much out of it for top 2.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Leicester City - Fixtures on 11:53 - Mar 30 with 764 viewsBuffaloBill

Leicester City - Fixtures on 08:36 - Feb 25 by textbackup

We aren’t gaining 6 points on leiecester ok, it’s not happening

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Poll: Incentives to want to be promoted

Leicester City - Fixtures on 12:27 - Mar 30 with 724 viewstextbackup

Leicester City - Fixtures on 07:24 - Mar 30 by MK1

Oh, OK.

Lol… great isn’t it.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Leicester City - Fixtures on 01:23 - Apr 13 with 387 viewsBrettenhamBlue

Right now on paper it is still in Leicester's hands, but I very much see this now as honours even. It's a 3 horse race for the top 2 positions and they no longer have an advantage. They are in a bad run of form and hopefully this'll continue for the next 4 games.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024