Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has a team ever had the top goal scorer in the league but still got relegated? (n/t) 12:32 - Mar 7 with 1948 viewsCrockerITFC

Has a team ever had the top goal scorer in the league but still got relegated? on 12:42 - Mar 7 with 1883 viewsChurchman

The only one who’s come close in my memory is Fabrizio Ravanelli for Middlesbrough. He scored a load of goals for them when they got relegated in the 90s.
Has a team ever had the top goal scorer in the league but still got relegated? on 12:48 - Mar 7 with 1844 viewsVic

I cant see Man City being relegated this season

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Has a team ever had the top goal scorer in the league but still got relegated? on 12:54 - Mar 7 with 1800 viewsCrockerITFC

Has a team ever had the top goal scorer in the league but still got relegated? on 12:48 - Mar 7 by Vic

I cant see Man City being relegated this season

No but in our league Blackburn and Plymouth are both on shaky ground, despite Sammie Szmodics on 20 goals and Morgan Whittaker on 17
Has a team ever had the top goal scorer in the league but still got relegated? on 13:01 - Mar 7 with 1754 viewsClapham_Junction

I wondered if it could have happened in 1937/38 – Man City were the highest scorers in the First Division and were relegated, but their top scorer was five goals behind Tommy Lawton.

However, the Guardian has the answer: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/may/26/footballers-winning-the-leagues

(Mick Channon for Southampton in 1973/74)
Has a team ever had the top goal scorer in the league but still got relegated? on 13:08 - Mar 7 with 1672 viewsNthQldITFC

Surely Harry Kane managed it during his epic Norwich years?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Has a team ever had the top goal scorer in the league but still got relegated? on 13:12 - Mar 7 with 1627 viewsJ4ck22

In the Premier League, Andy Johnson scored 21 goals despite Palace getting relegated. He didn't manage to get top scorer though!
Has a team ever had the top goal scorer in the league but still got relegated? on 13:20 - Mar 7 with 1555 viewsJ2BLUE

Lisbie was fifth top scorer with 17 when Colchester went down.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Has a team ever had the top goal scorer in the league but still got relegated? on 13:35 - Mar 7 with 1488 viewsITFC_Forever

On the flip side of that, Gary Lineker scored more himself than we did as a club in Div 1 when we went down in 1986.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

Has a team ever had the top goal scorer in the league but still got relegated? on 14:36 - Mar 7 with 1319 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Has a team ever had the top goal scorer in the league but still got relegated? on 12:42 - Mar 7 by Churchman

The only one who’s come close in my memory is Fabrizio Ravanelli for Middlesbrough. He scored a load of goals for them when they got relegated in the 90s.

That was my first thought, I'm sure he hit 30 goals!! Not sure how many in the league.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Has a team ever had the top goal scorer in the league but still got relegated? (n/t) on 14:39 - Mar 7 with 1288 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

[Post edited 7 Mar 14:40]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Has a team ever had the top goal scorer in the league but still got relegated? on 14:41 - Mar 7 with 1266 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Has a team ever had the top goal scorer in the league but still got relegated? (n/t) on 14:39 - Mar 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

[Post edited 7 Mar 14:40]

Nottingham Forest in 1992-93.

They had Teddy Sheringham that season, who was the leagues Top Scorer with 22 goals.

(Unfortunately 1 of them was for Forest and 21 of them were for Spurs!!)

Has a team ever had the top goal scorer in the league but still got relegated? on 16:18 - Mar 7 with 1106 viewsSharkey

Has a team ever had the top goal scorer in the league but still got relegated? on 13:20 - Mar 7 by J2BLUE

Lisbie was fifth top scorer with 17 when Colchester went down.

That was an amazing performance. Only 1 penalty too. If only Sheringham had contributed just a little bit!

Edit p.s. a bloke I know who watches a lot more football than I do, and who I find very knowledgeable about East Anglian football in general, told me that in terms of what he actually did on the pitch for the club, Lisbie is the best player ever to play for Colchester.
[Post edited 7 Mar 16:34]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024