Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A week ago Jurgen klopp described The Championship as "Insane." 19:20 - Mar 7 with 2685 viewsMercian

He wasn't wrong. Hull who are in a play off place are closer in points to the relegation zone than they are to the automatic promotion places. It is not inconceivable that Sunderland or Boro could be in The Premier League, The Championship or League One next season. In terms of points mid-table is West Brom in 5th down to Cardiff in 10th. I don't remember anything like it.
[Post edited 7 Mar 19:24]
A week ago Jurgen klopp described The Championship as "Insane." on 19:23 - Mar 7 with 2642 viewsbazza

It’s insane, unbelievable that if we go up, it will be pretty much back to back the toughest seasons getting out of both leagues.
A week ago Jurgen klopp described The Championship as "Insane." on 19:55 - Mar 7 with 2437 viewsnorfsufblue

A week ago Jurgen klopp described The Championship as "Insane." on 19:23 - Mar 7 by bazza

It’s insane, unbelievable that if we go up, it will be pretty much back to back the toughest seasons getting out of both leagues.

This is where we need Generics League table to scale!
[Post edited 7 Mar 19:57]
A week ago Jurgen klopp described The Championship as "Insane." on 20:18 - Mar 7 with 2352 viewsJon_456

A week ago Jurgen klopp described The Championship as "Insane." on 19:23 - Mar 7 by bazza

In terms of points yes but I do think we’re quite lucky that the standard this year, like last year in the championship has been rather poor, which is what has allowed us along with the other three to accumulate so many points.
A week ago Jurgen klopp described The Championship as "Insane." on 20:25 - Mar 7 with 2317 viewsdavblue

A week ago Jurgen klopp described The Championship as "Insane." on 20:18 - Mar 7 by Jon_456

In terms of points yes but I do think we’re quite lucky that the standard this year, like last year in the championship has been rather poor, which is what has allowed us along with the other three to accumulate so many points.

I think I’ve been hearing this line for 20 years now.

I don’t think we’ve been lucky in that sense at all.
A week ago Jurgen klopp described The Championship as "Insane." on 20:30 - Mar 7 with 2261 viewsNthsuffolkblue

A week ago Jurgen klopp described The Championship as "Insane." on 20:25 - Mar 7 by davblue

I think I’ve been hearing this line for 20 years now.

I don’t think we’ve been lucky in that sense at all.

Indeed, results against the bottom 3 show that there are no easy games in this league. The top 3 have been remarkably consistent which makes it necessary to be one of the two most consistent of them.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

A week ago Jurgen klopp described The Championship as "Insane." on 20:40 - Mar 7 with 2205 viewsbazza

A week ago Jurgen klopp described The Championship as "Insane." on 20:30 - Mar 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

Indeed, results against the bottom 3 show that there are no easy games in this league. The top 3 have been remarkably consistent which makes it necessary to be one of the two most consistent of them.

When you look at QPR , against West Brom, or milwall away at saints, this league is tough as old boots, Huddersfield giving Leeds a run for their money and partially down to 10 men, definitely not an easy season.
A week ago Jurgen klopp described The Championship as "Insane." on 20:47 - Mar 7 with 2153 viewsBloomBlue

What will be different this season in the remaining games is normally by now there would be a group of clubs developing in the middle of the league who aren't in a relegation or promotion battle. But this season you could argue from 13th/14th down all those teams need to keep an eye on relegation.
All those teams will be battling for points right until the last game.
Whereas if you had games against those midtable teams with no relegation/promotion concerns they were the easy games.

It's a crazy league. Stoke fans on the radio yesterday moaning they could get relegated but if they win their next game (OK it all depends on other results) they could jump from 22nd to 16th.

People looking at clubs with apparent 'easy games' I think this season especially there aren't going to be any
A week ago Jurgen klopp described The Championship as "Insane." on 21:00 - Mar 7 with 2111 viewssoupytwist

The point was made on Guardian Football Weekly the other day that Sheff Weds have won 5 out of their last 6 games and not moved a single place up the table.

That shows how hard it is in this league.
Login to get fewer ads

A week ago Jurgen klopp described The Championship as "Insane." on 21:43 - Mar 7 with 1861 viewsHighgateBlue

My two penneth is that we have the traditional old Championship "anyone can beat anyone", but then add in three teams with mega millions (and squads that did not melt away after coming down from the Prem), who by rights should be walking it, and causing huge debates about the gulf between the two divisions, and then finally add in ITFC with the magician McKenna, who has somehow put us up there with the big boys. I don't see it as only 4 decent teams who have loads of points because everyone else is so poor. 3 amazing teams cos money, 1 amazing team cos McKenna/Gamechanger/Ashton, and the rest really aren't any worse than normal (OK, Rotherham aren't loving life...)
A week ago Jurgen klopp described The Championship as "Insane." on 21:47 - Mar 7 with 1840 viewsgainsboroughblue

A week ago Jurgen klopp described The Championship as "Insane." on 21:00 - Mar 7 by soupytwist

The point was made on Guardian Football Weekly the other day that Sheff Weds have won 5 out of their last 6 games and not moved a single place up the table.

That shows how hard it is in this league.

If not for some remarkable stats at the top end of the table, Rohl would be a heck of a shout for manager of the year if Wednesday avoid the drop.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

A week ago Jurgen klopp described The Championship as "Insane." on 08:49 - Mar 8 with 1189 viewssoupytwist

A week ago Jurgen klopp described The Championship as "Insane." on 21:47 - Mar 7 by gainsboroughblue

If not for some remarkable stats at the top end of the table, Rohl would be a heck of a shout for manager of the year if Wednesday avoid the drop.

Indeed, he's not exactly operating in the most ideal circumstances. The owner seems to be, er, unpredictable at best.
A week ago Jurgen klopp described The Championship as "Insane." on 13:33 - Mar 8 with 920 viewsStewart27

If KM gets B2B promotions during these 2 seasons it would be one of the biggest managerial achievements ever in my opinion.
A week ago Jurgen klopp described The Championship as "Insane." on 15:22 - Mar 8 with 797 viewsKieran_Knows

A week ago Jurgen klopp described The Championship as "Insane." on 21:47 - Mar 7 by gainsboroughblue

He'd certainly be on my list to replace McKenna if/when he goes.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

A week ago Jurgen klopp described The Championship as "Insane." on 15:34 - Mar 8 with 772 viewsSmithersJones

A week ago Jurgen klopp described The Championship as "Insane." on 20:47 - Mar 7 by BloomBlue

What will be different this season in the remaining games is normally by now there would be a group of clubs developing in the middle of the league who aren't in a relegation or promotion battle. But this season you could argue from 13th/14th down all those teams need to keep an eye on relegation.
All those teams will be battling for points right until the last game.
Whereas if you had games against those midtable teams with no relegation/promotion concerns they were the easy games.

It's a crazy league. Stoke fans on the radio yesterday moaning they could get relegated but if they win their next game (OK it all depends on other results) they could jump from 22nd to 16th.

People looking at clubs with apparent 'easy games' I think this season especially there aren't going to be any

Completely agree. I can never get my head round the idea that the number of points that the leaders have determines the quality of the league, mainly because some people argue high points = good league and others argue high points = bad league.
But in any season there are three separate battles: automatic promotion places, play off places and relegation places. As of now all three are really close. But a lot can change over the next 6-8 games so the last day of the season could be anything from a humdinger to a damp squib.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024