Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone been to Ubud 11:26 - Mar 20 with 1901 viewstextbackup

And can recommend a sports bar for me to settle down in and watch Town beat norwich?
I’m sure I’ve seen a BaliBlue post on here before

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone been to Ubud on 11:40 - Mar 20 with 1848 viewswitchdoctor

when I was in Bali I found it really hard to get anywhere to show Town games…bloody Aussies wanted their footy on all the time…funnily enough it was the derby game II really wanted to watch..in the end I signed up for one of the betting sites and watched it on my fone…however…if you have your fire stick with you happy days …
Anyone been to Ubud on 11:49 - Mar 20 with 1823 viewstextbackup

Anyone been to Ubud on 11:40 - Mar 20 by witchdoctor

when I was in Bali I found it really hard to get anywhere to show Town games…bloody Aussies wanted their footy on all the time…funnily enough it was the derby game II really wanted to watch..in the end I signed up for one of the betting sites and watched it on my fone…however…if you have your fire stick with you happy days …

I’m away for Blackburn, Soton, scum and Watford… only one where the time is decent is scum (20:30 kick off)
So will try to find a pub for that (and settle for the FS for the others)

Anyone been to Ubud on 12:13 - Mar 20 with 1722 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone been to Ubud on 11:49 - Mar 20 by textbackup

I’m away for Blackburn, Soton, scum and Watford… only one where the time is decent is scum (20:30 kick off)

Blaady hell. It's a hard life innit.

Enjoy!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone been to Ubud on 12:17 - Mar 20 with 1719 viewsitfcjoe

I think you'll struggle to find much in Ubud, will prob need to head down to Seminyak - I know BaliTractor who sometimes posts here, do you want me to message him

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone been to Ubud on 12:24 - Mar 20 with 1664 viewstextbackup

Anyone been to Ubud on 12:13 - Mar 20 by Swansea_Blue

Blaady hell. It's a hard life innit.

Enjoy!

(I’ll say it quietly, I’d swap it for being at norwich away, if we were to win!)

Anyone been to Ubud on 12:24 - Mar 20 with 1662 viewstextbackup

Anyone been to Ubud on 12:17 - Mar 20 by itfcjoe

I think you'll struggle to find much in Ubud, will prob need to head down to Seminyak - I know BaliTractor who sometimes posts here, do you want me to message him

Is it the same bloke that posts on Twitter under that name?

Anyone been to Ubud on 12:33 - Mar 20 with 1624 viewsportmanking

Anyone been to Ubud on 12:24 - Mar 20 by textbackup

Went to Bali for my honeymoon. Loved the gaff.

Joe's right, Seminyak (Eat Street) is a good shout for live sports, there's several places showing British sport along there (and some cracking restaurants too!)
Anyone been to Ubud on 12:41 - Mar 20 with 1564 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone been to Ubud on 12:24 - Mar 20 by textbackup

Yeh

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone been to Ubud on 12:44 - Mar 20 with 1551 viewstextbackup

Anyone been to Ubud on 12:41 - Mar 20 by itfcjoe

Yeh

I follow him, and will reach out again. Ta 👍

Anyone been to Ubud on 12:55 - Mar 20 with 1525 viewsblueasfook

Anyone been to Ubud on 11:40 - Mar 20 by witchdoctor

I went to expat bar in Patong, Phuket to watch Town v Cardiff. Loads of aussies in there wanted to watch Man Utd v Everton which was on the same time. I got my way lol. They had to watch Man U on a smaller TV by the pool table.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Anyone been to Ubud on 14:25 - Mar 20 with 1398 viewsSitfcB

Bloody hell, and you allowed that to be booked?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Anyone been to Ubud on 15:39 - Mar 20 with 1344 viewstextbackup

Anyone been to Ubud on 14:25 - Mar 20 by SitfcB

Bloody hell, and you allowed that to be booked?

The story gets worse…

When the fixtures were released nothing was booked. So I jumped online and booked two nights in the norwich holiday inn so they could watch the game from the hotel window etc…
She then mentioned it was the dates (Easter holidays) that we’d planned to go away.

So I booked the holiday knowing what I’d be missing… not really proud of myself now if I’m honest.

Anyone been to Ubud on 16:35 - Mar 20 with 1268 viewsSitfcB

Anyone been to Ubud on 15:39 - Mar 20 by textbackup

The story gets worse…

When the fixtures were released nothing was booked. So I jumped online and booked two nights in the norwich holiday inn so they could watch the game from the hotel window etc…
She then mentioned it was the dates (Easter holidays) that we’d planned to go away.

So I booked the holiday knowing what I’d be missing… not really proud of myself now if I’m honest.

Being honest though I don’t think anyone thought we would be in the position we are, if you could’ve seen into the future I’m sure you wouldn’t have booked it!

But still, hang your head in shame

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Anyone been to Ubud on 16:47 - Mar 20 with 1234 viewstextbackup

Anyone been to Ubud on 16:35 - Mar 20 by SitfcB

Being honest though I don’t think anyone thought we would be in the position we are, if you could’ve seen into the future I’m sure you wouldn’t have booked it!

But still, hang your head in shame

Should be able to watch 3 of the 4… Watford I’ll be in the air, so I’ve got this calm feeling for when I land I’ll just be able to check the score, no stress or anything.

In two minds whether to not watch the scum game either, go and sit in a temple somewhere and do some yoga or something. And not a single soul would say ‘seen the town score!’

Anyone been to Ubud on 22:16 - Mar 20 with 1000 viewsTractorWood

Anyone been to Ubud on 16:47 - Mar 20 by textbackup

Should be able to watch 3 of the 4… Watford I’ll be in the air, so I’ve got this calm feeling for when I land I’ll just be able to check the score, no stress or anything.

In two minds whether to not watch the scum game either, go and sit in a temple somewhere and do some yoga or something. And not a single soul would say ‘seen the town score!’

Enjoy Bali texters. Have been a few times. It's absolutely amazing. Can't really go wrong. Be careful getting cabs and grab/Uber etc. there are taxi mafias in some villages that will literally chase Uber drivers away forcing you to get local cabs that are 10 times the price.

I've only been to Ubud for a week or so as it's all yoga and vibes. I prefer Seminyak for beer, beach clubs and amazing restaurants. Merah Putih is absolutely unmissable. Booking essential
https://merahputihbali.com/?utm_source=gads&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=

Would recommend a hike up Mount Abang. Not touristy at all. Should be open now as rainy season finishes mid March.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Anyone been to Ubud on 01:38 - Mar 21 with 937 viewscharlie1

You there at the moment or going closer to the game?

My daughter’s boyfriend is there at the moment visiting family as his dad was born close to Ubud I believe.

Will ask him.
Anyone been to Ubud on 03:31 - Mar 21 with 909 viewscharlie1

Anyone been to Ubud on 01:38 - Mar 21 by charlie1

My daughter’s boyfriend is there at the moment visiting family as his dad was born close to Ubud I believe.

Will ask him.

I’m be been told there are a load of Sports Bars ‘down south’ of the city, but they live their Aussie Rules, NBA and Premiership so might take a bit of persuading to play the derby game, mainly because of the involuntary vomiting caused by the state of the Norwich kit I should imagine.
Anyone been to Ubud on 03:56 - Mar 21 with 886 viewsBathBlue

Think it will be 19.30 kick off for you as clocks will have changed in UK. Don’t want you missing an hour!

I live in Thailand and I’ve really ballsed up. I’ll be on a flight to Sri Lanka - taking off in the middle of the 2nd half 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️. I was also in the air for the home game, flying back to the UK, but managed to get in flight wifi. You’d think I’d learn.
Anyone been to Ubud on 05:48 - Mar 21 with 852 viewsIPS_wich

Anyone been to Ubud on 03:31 - Mar 21 by charlie1

I’m be been told there are a load of Sports Bars ‘down south’ of the city, but they live their Aussie Rules, NBA and Premiership so might take a bit of persuading to play the derby game, mainly because of the involuntary vomiting caused by the state of the Norwich kit I should imagine.

The Aussie Rules and Aussie Rugby League matches should all finished by the time of kick off - but would comment that sports bar and Ubud do not obviously go hand in hand - and its not exactly easy to pop down to Seminyak where the chances are greater.

You might need to sign up to a month's pass for an international subscription on TownTV if you do want to watch it?
Anyone been to Ubud on 06:54 - Mar 21 with 767 viewstextbackup

Anyone been to Ubud on 01:38 - Mar 21 by charlie1

Will ask him.

Fly out next week… 👍

Anyone been to Ubud on 06:57 - Mar 21 with 761 viewstextbackup

Anyone been to Ubud on 22:16 - Mar 20 by TractorWood

Enjoy Bali texters. Have been a few times. It's absolutely amazing. Can't really go wrong. Be careful getting cabs and grab/Uber etc. there are taxi mafias in some villages that will literally chase Uber drivers away forcing you to get local cabs that are 10 times the price.

I've only been to Ubud for a week or so as it's all yoga and vibes. I prefer Seminyak for beer, beach clubs and amazing restaurants. Merah Putih is absolutely unmissable. Booking essential
https://merahputihbali.com/?utm_source=gads&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=

Would recommend a hike up Mount Abang. Not touristy at all. Should be open now as rainy season finishes mid March.

Thanks for the heads up.

Wife has a friend that owns a restaurant in Lembongan, so she has a few drivers she uses when on the mainland, so hoping to use them for any travelling about we do

Doing Sanur, Lembongan, Ubud and Ulwata (I think it’s called) thought as the kids are a bit older now we’d leave the Tui holidays and dancing teddy bears round the pool, and try something a bit more exploring this time

Anyone been to Ubude on 08:50 - Mar 21 with 648 viewskiwiblue

I think bein sport is the best internet option there and its super cheap.
Anyone been to Ubud on 09:15 - Mar 21 with 613 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Anyone been to Ubud on 16:47 - Mar 20 by textbackup

Id be deleting every app on my phone and telling people only to contact in case of extreme emergency.

If those lot beat us id be lower than a snakes belly the rest of the holiday.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024