Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A points a point and all that 21:43 - Apr 10 with 3604 viewsFrimleyBlue

But must say with complete respect that 2nd half was pathetic. For a side who could have gone top 3 points on leeds we had no tempo. No drive.
High energy KM said. It was the complete opposite again.

I'm actually more annoyed tonight than I was v norwich. The 3 points were there for the taking. We were just so so poor with no creativity in that 2nd half.

So annoyed

Ffs

Apologies for the over dramatic pathetic comment.. just so frustrated.
[Post edited 10 Apr 21:56]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

A points a point and all that on 21:59 - Apr 10 with 757 viewsReus30

It's harder to play against a team that has no intention of attacking so we were doing at lot of chasing down. Our front four on multiple occasions were knackered and that might be because of the possible illnesses in the camp.
But if we score in the first half, it's a different game and a lot easier.

Still in our hands and more twists to come. Just need to will them over the line.
A points a point and all that on 21:59 - Apr 10 with 758 views_clive_baker_

Flat performance, I didn’t think the 1st half was much better. Defended pretty well for the most part against a good side, but didn’t create an awful lot or attack with much zip. Similar to Saturday in some respects, just looked tired. Moore’s header was our best chance, fully expected the net to ripple but managed to plant it at the keeper.

Really miss Burns IMO, Jackson is a willing worker but brings absolutely nothing close to the slake threat. Sarmiento has, IMO, been largely underwhelming. Saints goal and 1 or 2 other contributions aside I find his decision making beyond frustrating.

Still, keeps it in our hands. Our aim is to match Leeds, and another game chalked off where we’ve achieved it. Saturday feels like a must win now before a chance to recharge the batteries.
A points a point and all that on 22:27 - Apr 10 with 623 viewsN2_Blue

A points a point and all that on 21:59 - Apr 10 by _clive_baker_

Flat performance, I didn’t think the 1st half was much better. Defended pretty well for the most part against a good side, but didn’t create an awful lot or attack with much zip. Similar to Saturday in some respects, just looked tired. Moore’s header was our best chance, fully expected the net to ripple but managed to plant it at the keeper.

Really miss Burns IMO, Jackson is a willing worker but brings absolutely nothing close to the slake threat. Sarmiento has, IMO, been largely underwhelming. Saints goal and 1 or 2 other contributions aside I find his decision making beyond frustrating.

Still, keeps it in our hands. Our aim is to match Leeds, and another game chalked off where we’ve achieved it. Saturday feels like a must win now before a chance to recharge the batteries.

Re Sarmiento i'm glad someone else sees this.

I find him very underwelming too. I know he's got a couple of crucial goals, so maybe it's harsh but his general overall play i find poor and frustrating and really doesn't seem to add mcuh.

I think a lot of people will disagree with me but whatever division we end up in I personally wouldn't keep him on.

We have to beat Boro now. Don't think we'll win both the away games to playoff challenegers. I think 9-10 points is our best case scenario now. It might be enough, it might not be. I think Leeds will lay a marker and smash Blackburn on Saturday but think Leciester mght struggle at Plymouth

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

A points a point and all that on 22:34 - Apr 10 with 609 viewsSomethingBlue

"Pathetic" is far, far too much as you've acknowledged. Let's not all sh7t the bed here eh? There were two teams out there and we are clearly having to drag ourselves through games at the moment. We're not the only ones. We need to be kind, otherwise any advantage we can give the team in the next few weeks simply disappears. Haven't they earned that?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

A points a point and all that on 22:45 - Apr 10 with 563 viewsreusersfreekicks

A points a point and all that on 22:34 - Apr 10 by SomethingBlue

"Pathetic" is far, far too much as you've acknowledged. Let's not all sh7t the bed here eh? There were two teams out there and we are clearly having to drag ourselves through games at the moment. We're not the only ones. We need to be kind, otherwise any advantage we can give the team in the next few weeks simply disappears. Haven't they earned that?

This
A points a point and all that on 22:58 - Apr 10 with 510 viewspointofblue

A points a point and all that on 22:34 - Apr 10 by SomethingBlue

Pathetic is far too much, but I’ve just read McKenna say he thought it was a good performance which is probably too much the other way.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

A points a point and all that on 23:21 - Apr 10 with 468 viewsITFCson

A points a point and all that on 22:58 - Apr 10 by pointofblue

Pathetic is far too much, but I’ve just read McKenna say he thought it was a good performance which is probably too much the other way.

It was a decent performance. Football is a game of fine margins, we came as close as possible to scoring without actually scoring when hit the post, then Moore’s header has an Xg of probably about 0.9. Another day we win 2-0 and every says great job, well done.

We also kept the same team who terrorized the Leeds defense recently chances down to a barely a sniff.
A points a point and all that on 23:22 - Apr 10 with 462 viewspointofblue

A points a point and all that on 23:21 - Apr 10 by ITFCson

It was a decent performance. Football is a game of fine margins, we came as close as possible to scoring without actually scoring when hit the post, then Moore’s header has an Xg of probably about 0.9. Another day we win 2-0 and every says great job, well done.

We also kept the same team who terrorized the Leeds defense recently chances down to a barely a sniff.

Decent first half, definitely.

Watford were at home to Leeds, which will always make a difference.

Login to get fewer ads

A points a point and all that on 23:28 - Apr 10 with 447 viewsSuffolktractor

A points a point and all that on 23:22 - Apr 10 by pointofblue

Watfords away record is better than their home one.
A points a point and all that on 23:31 - Apr 10 with 442 viewspointofblue

A points a point and all that on 23:28 - Apr 10 by Suffolktractor

Watfords away record is better than their home one.

Not surprised if that's their usual approach away from home.

A points a point and all that on 23:36 - Apr 10 with 419 viewsBloomBlue

As I keep saying it's squeaky bum time, strange things will happen at this stage of the season. That mental pressure is impacting the players.
But we're second in the championship, that point took us there
A points a point and all that on 09:27 - Apr 11 with 213 viewsITFCson

A points a point and all that on 23:22 - Apr 10 by pointofblue

Yeah absolutely home advantage often makes a huge difference (just look at our home scoring record compared to our away), but still they can be very dangerous on the break and yet they rarely looked like threatening our goal
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024