Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Such a strange feeling 07:52 - Apr 14 with 3881 viewsChrisd

We sit top of the Championship with 3 games to go and any Town fan would’ve taken that back in August, but I really do feel we’ve let a huge opportunity slip through our fingers with those two home games. What concerns me is we’ve got two extremely tough away games up next, against teams with something to play for. Let’s be honest, we have looked far from convincing in recent away games too and goals are proving difficult to come by currently. Come the Huddersfield game, it might count for nothing.

Such a strange situation.
[Post edited 14 Apr 7:58]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Such a strange feeling on 17:28 - Apr 14 with 314 viewsFrimleyBlue

Such a strange feeling on 17:22 - Apr 14 by WestSussexBlue

It’s the negative side that would concern me. I’d think we’d really feel the pressure if for example we’re 4 points behind and down to Third. I still think we’ll need to draw at Hull and beat Cov and Udds to secure it.
[Post edited 14 Apr 17:34]

Possibly a better position. You'll already behind. So you know what you got to do. You go all out until that final whistle. If you don't do it. You've done all you can.

Being ahead is worse imo like Sat.. we all would want town to push till the whistle. But we couldn't push to much incase we lost it. Part of me thinks that's why looking back at the game ball and Travis came on.. it was a mixture of see of we can win but don't lose. Rather than we must win so fk defending and let's go for it.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Such a strange feeling on 18:28 - Apr 14 with 249 viewsbilllm

Such a strange feeling on 12:16 - Apr 14 by pointofblue

If we don't go up I'll be looking at Birmingham, Rotherham, Huddersfield and Cardiff away before the last two matches.

Cardiff is my big bare that was hard to take,
Such a strange feeling on 18:31 - Apr 14 with 244 viewsquad

Such a strange feeling on 11:40 - Apr 14 by LancsBlue

OK we have only taken two points from two home games, Leeds have taken only one from two seemingly easier home games and Leicester nothing from two games that they might have been expected to take points from. Do you not think they might be looking at having "let a huge opportunity slip through our fingers". We are in a better position than we were two games ago, with only three games to go. We have a two week break to get everyone fit and rested, Hull and Coventry could easily have nothing to play for. For Coventry it will be their 4th match in 10 days including a Wembley semi-final, so they are likely to be knackered. So why all the pessimism? Which of Leeds or Leicester would you swap places with? Oh and we've won 4 of our last 6 away games, losing 1-0 to the best home form team in the division and being on the end of a freak result at Cardiff - very unconvincing. This season has been unbelievable, even if we don't win another game, yet some so-called fans still find reasons to be negative - now that is a strange situation.

This. With bells on.

Everybody talking about letting a huge opportunity slip through our fingers. Leeds have got one point from their last 2 home games against Sunderland and Blackburn FFS. Do we not think that they might be feeling the same way? And Leicester have got zero points from their last two games, so again....

All the games are tough now. Players are carrying knocks, players out injured altogether, tiredness and fatigue have set in due to the high turn around of games. Every game is a full on battle now. And there are no easy games.

We might get top 2 and we might not. But we should have as much chance as either of them and a better chance than Southampton of getting there. Leeds and Leicester both have to play Saints and we don't so we should be optimistic that this may help our cause as Saints are a bloody good team.

And we've now got a 2 week break which will help players to recharge their batteries and recover from minor knocks. Which could be massive. It might be even more important than whether or not we have Burns and/or Hirst available for the remaining games.
Such a strange feeling on 18:42 - Apr 14 with 241 viewsRadlett_blue

Such a strange feeling on 07:57 - Apr 14 by tractorboy1978

A lot of football to be played between now and when we face Hull.

Leeds play twice.
Leicester play twice.
Hull play twice.
Coventry play once (against Hull).

The landscape could look very different in a positive or negative way by 27th April.
[Post edited 14 Apr 7:58]

And Southampton play four times before our next game! They could be ahead of us in the table before we play Hull.
As others have said, we're disappointed by our last 3 results, bur yesterday was a decent performance against a good side. But Leeds & Leicester have also squandered recent opportunities & if you look at the PL, who expected Liverpool & Arsenal both to lose at home this weekend? Plenty of football to be played & we have an advantage over Leeds, who have 2 awkward away games at QPR & Boro.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Such a strange feeling on 18:55 - Apr 14 with 230 viewsChurchman

Such a strange feeling on 18:42 - Apr 14 by Radlett_blue

And Southampton play four times before our next game! They could be ahead of us in the table before we play Hull.
As others have said, we're disappointed by our last 3 results, bur yesterday was a decent performance against a good side. But Leeds & Leicester have also squandered recent opportunities & if you look at the PL, who expected Liverpool & Arsenal both to lose at home this weekend? Plenty of football to be played & we have an advantage over Leeds, who have 2 awkward away games at QPR & Boro.

Southampton could be but that means they’ll have won at Leicester with Leeds to play.

Let’s worry about ourselves. We played better yesterday than Tues and better than we did against Norwich. Maybe we are running into form or maybe that’s wishful thinking. Either way, they need a break and are now getting one just at the right time.
Such a strange feeling on 19:12 - Apr 14 with 215 viewsRozz

Such a strange feeling on 08:40 - Apr 14 by Chrisd

Of course it was a huge opportunity, you’re playing at home after your rivals have both slipped up and we failed to capitalise. The strange thing is I would’ve gladly taken two draws if we were playing Watford or Middlesbrough away.I find it funny how they are comparing the top of the EPL with the Championship title run, they couldn’t be more poles apart - Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal keep winning, whilst Leicester City, Leeds and ourselves appear unable to win games and keep fluffing their lines.

Interesting catching up on this thread and reading your last point, having just watched Liverpool and Arsenal slip up in huge games this afternoon. 3 way title races are not easy things, it would appear!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024