Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted 09:59 - Apr 14 with 4173 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Would take a very very unlikely set of results for us to get to 95 now and NOT go up.

Because even if Southampton win all 5 games left for them and get to 96 points, they’ll have beaten Leeds in that which means the latter can only get to 93. They’d have also beaten Leicester which would mean Leicester would need 7 points from WBA, Preston (a) and Blackburn. Which is tough.

If Southampton can beat Leeds and Leicester but drop a point somewhere else (any of the other three games), we’d be up 100% with 2 wins from here.

It feels like a bad result yesterday but in context, we’ve gained on Leeds and Leicester this week when they played two teams battling relegation. It’s a great weekend for us really.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 10:07 - Apr 14 with 3134 viewsBABLUE

It would have been a great week if we’d won one of those home games.

I’m struggling to see us winning 2 out of the last 3 games as Hull look so dangerous and after yesterday Huddersfield will need something from the last game
Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 10:21 - Apr 14 with 3065 viewsEastTownBlue

Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 10:07 - Apr 14 by BABLUE

I’m struggling to see us winning 2 out of the last 3 games as Hull look so dangerous and after yesterday Huddersfield will need something from the last game

Or Huddersfield could be down by the time we face them. Their home matches against Swansea and Birmingham are key for them ahead of facing us.

A number of things could be decided by the time we face Hull, Coventry and Huddersfield.
[Post edited 14 Apr 10:22]
Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 10:38 - Apr 14 with 2999 viewsibbleobble

It’s going to the last game of the season. Thankfully we have Huddersfield at home.
Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 10:58 - Apr 14 with 2950 views_clive_baker_

Wouldn’t say it’s that unlikely, as Southampton could feasibly not win those away games.

If we work on the worst case assumption that Leicester win their 3 and Leeds win their 2 before we next play again then Saints are gone, but the table looks as follows:

Leicester 97
Leeds 93
Ipswich 89

We’ll have 2 games in hand on both, meaning we would need to win them both to put it back in our hands given Leeds superior GD.

Not saying all 5 of those next Leicester & Leeds results will go in their favour, but it’s possible. The difference between Leeds getting 4 points and 6 is massive for us, so hopefully Boro can take a point off them at least. That would mean we only need to win 1 of the 2 away games to keep it in our hands going into the final day.
Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 11:00 - Apr 14 with 2931 viewssmithy69

Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 10:58 - Apr 14 by _clive_baker_

Wouldn’t say it’s that unlikely, as Southampton could feasibly not win those away games.

If we work on the worst case assumption that Leicester win their 3 and Leeds win their 2 before we next play again then Saints are gone, but the table looks as follows:

Leicester 97
Leeds 93
Ipswich 89

We’ll have 2 games in hand on both, meaning we would need to win them both to put it back in our hands given Leeds superior GD.

Not saying all 5 of those next Leicester & Leeds results will go in their favour, but it’s possible. The difference between Leeds getting 4 points and 6 is massive for us, so hopefully Boro can take a point off them at least. That would mean we only need to win 1 of the 2 away games to keep it in our hands going into the final day.

It amazes me that people think Leeds em Leicester are going to win every game or even get close to winning every game. They look like losing every game right now
Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 11:06 - Apr 14 with 2895 viewsBABLUE

Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 11:00 - Apr 14 by smithy69

It amazes me that people think Leeds em Leicester are going to win every game or even get close to winning every game. They look like losing every game right now

But they don’t do they.

Leeds missed enough chances to win 2 games yesterday, that won’t keep happening.
Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 11:18 - Apr 14 with 2850 viewstextbackup

Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 10:38 - Apr 14 by ibbleobble

It’s going to the last game of the season. Thankfully we have Huddersfield at home.

What a thing to post/think

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 11:23 - Apr 14 with 2837 viewsportmanking

Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 11:06 - Apr 14 by BABLUE

But they don’t do they.

Leeds missed enough chances to win 2 games yesterday, that won’t keep happening.

This is the bit that scares me. People just assume that Leeds and Leicester are going to carry on their indifferent form. It's highly unlikely given how many respective match winners they have in their ranks.

Boro hold all the aces now. A point or better means we're in the driving seat.

But that's why I'm so frustrated how the last week has panned out. Winning one of the last two would have taken it totally out of Leeds' hands. I don't care how well we played on Tues or yesterday frankly. We just needed a win by hook or by crook. We lacked devilment in our play bar the odd Omari burst.

This next fortnight is going to suck.
Login to get fewer ads

Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 11:27 - Apr 14 with 2804 viewsBABLUE

Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 11:23 - Apr 14 by portmanking

This is the bit that scares me. People just assume that Leeds and Leicester are going to carry on their indifferent form. It's highly unlikely given how many respective match winners they have in their ranks.

Boro hold all the aces now. A point or better means we're in the driving seat.

But that's why I'm so frustrated how the last week has panned out. Winning one of the last two would have taken it totally out of Leeds' hands. I don't care how well we played on Tues or yesterday frankly. We just needed a win by hook or by crook. We lacked devilment in our play bar the odd Omari burst.

This next fortnight is going to suck.

Bang on.

We might still finish in the Top 2, but this week has been one of 3 missed opportunities
Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 11:29 - Apr 14 with 2793 views_clive_baker_

Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 11:00 - Apr 14 by smithy69

I don’t think they will. I won’t be putting a 5 game accumulator on it. But are Leeds good enough to take 6 points from Boro and QPR? I’d say yes. Will they? Who knows.
Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 11:31 - Apr 14 with 2780 viewssmithy69

Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 11:06 - Apr 14 by BABLUE

But they don’t do they.

But it does lol - that’s my point

They have 5 points from there last possible 15 points

Leicester have 6 from 15

We have won 8 from 15

I’m not saying they can’t - I’m just saying on current form - they won’t
Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 11:33 - Apr 14 with 2774 viewsAce_High1

Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 10:58 - Apr 14 by _clive_baker_

Leicester 97
Leeds 93
Ipswich 89

That looks horrible, everyone seems calm in that let us rest and let the others play, which is fine if they all continue dropping points. But the law of averages says they will eventually click back in gear and if we are 4 points behind Leeds, I am not convinced both the players and us as fans react well to that. Imagine the pressure if we go one down at Hull and are then almost out of the running, or desperation in last 15 mins if we need to find a goal?
Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 11:36 - Apr 14 with 2743 viewsportmanking

Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 11:33 - Apr 14 by Ace_High1

That looks horrible, everyone seems calm in that let us rest and let the others play, which is fine if they all continue dropping points. But the law of averages says they will eventually click back in gear and if we are 4 points behind Leeds, I am not convinced both the players and us as fans react well to that. Imagine the pressure if we go one down at Hull and are then almost out of the running, or desperation in last 15 mins if we need to find a goal?

Well the players didn't handle the pressure of taking charge of the league yesterday. So you can be sure they'll panic if they go 4 pts behind
Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 11:59 - Apr 14 with 2670 viewstextbackup

It amazes me that people don’t think atleast 1 of them two will click and do what’s needed in the final few games.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 12:22 - Apr 14 with 2584 viewsAlexMathie

Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 10:38 - Apr 14 by ibbleobble

This reminds me of Millwall situation at the end of the 95-96 season to get in the play-offs. We drew, didn’t make the play-offs and Millwall still got relegated. Only time I’ve cried at a football match 😂

www.turfgame.com

Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 12:25 - Apr 14 with 2558 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Could say the same about us though. It’s perfectly conceivable that we lose both away fixtures.

Poll: Our final position

Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 12:28 - Apr 14 with 2539 viewsibbleobble

Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 12:22 - Apr 14 by AlexMathie

This reminds me of Millwall situation at the end of the 95-96 season to get in the play-offs. We drew, didn’t make the play-offs and Millwall still got relegated. Only time I’ve cried at a football match 😂

I cried at the aftermath afterward. Bedlam!
Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 12:28 - Apr 14 with 2542 viewsBarcaBlue

Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 11:36 - Apr 14 by portmanking

Well the players didn't handle the pressure of taking charge of the league yesterday. So you can be sure they'll panic if they go 4 pts behind

I didn't see any obvious signs of pressure or nerves in the players yesterday, and after the experience of last year there's nothing to suggest panic is going to set in either. Someone is desperately looking for negatives.
Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 12:44 - Apr 14 with 2498 viewsNthQldITFC

Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 11:33 - Apr 14 by Ace_High1

A little bit of crud on my screen meant that I read your last sentence as: 'or desperation in last 15 mins if we need to find a goat.'

Desperation indeed. Unless you're from Norfolk.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 12:46 - Apr 14 with 2486 viewswischip

There's just too much to think about worrying what the other teams are going to do. Like KMcK says we've just got to focus on winning our 3 games, not worry about what the others are doing. Despite the 2 draws we seem to be the calmest team in the top 3.
Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 12:51 - Apr 14 with 2434 viewsIllinoisblue

I admire this optimism, but important to ask: have you put any money on us to go up?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 13:10 - Apr 14 with 2348 viewsBlue_In_Boston

Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 10:07 - Apr 14 by BABLUE

If Huddersfield need something they will be as nervy as us, only with far less quality. In all honesty if we can't comfortably despatch a team heading to League One then maybe we aren't ready for a promotion?
Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 14:19 - Apr 14 with 2213 viewsportmanking

Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 12:28 - Apr 14 by BarcaBlue

I didn't see any obvious signs of pressure or nerves in the players yesterday, and after the experience of last year there's nothing to suggest panic is going to set in either. Someone is desperately looking for negatives.

You didn't see the likes of Chaplin and Broadhead snatch and rush things inexplicably? Front men were all trying too hard.
Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 14:28 - Apr 14 with 2173 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Absolutely a great weekend for us. It is better than if all 3 teams had won as we have gained a point on both of them.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 14:32 - Apr 14 with 2148 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Win 2 of our last 3 games and we’re all but promoted on 12:51 - Apr 14 by Illinoisblue

I admire this optimism, but important to ask: have you put any money on us to go up?

I have a lucky 15 with Man City, Mansfield and Bolton to win their leagues plus us. It’s affectively a double of us and city at best now as Mansfield and Bolton have choked. We were 11/1 and City 4/6 so it still pays a healthy profit but not as much as if one of the other two could’ve held their nerve

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024