Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Booking count 12:46 - Apr 15 with 2210 viewstextbackup

How’s that looking these days for us?

Morsy still bang in trouble? Mass seems to get booked weekly…

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Booking count on 12:50 - Apr 15 with 2164 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Morsy on 13. Needs to avoid being booked twice in the next three games to avoid a ban. Clock starts again in play offs
Booking count on 12:51 - Apr 15 with 2132 viewssmithy69

Think Morsy will be fine
Booking count on 12:52 - Apr 15 with 2130 viewstonybied

Mass is on 10 and Morsy is on 13, they would both need to get to 15 before a ban so fingers crossed Morsy can keep it clean against Hull and he should be available for the remaining games of this season then.
Booking count on 12:59 - Apr 15 with 2066 viewsExiled2Surrey

Booking count on 12:52 - Apr 15 by tonybied

Mass is on 10 and Morsy is on 13, they would both need to get to 15 before a ban so fingers crossed Morsy can keep it clean against Hull and he should be available for the remaining games of this season then.

Are you sure that is correct? I have not read the rules, but I had heard that if he gets a 15th booking during the Huddersfield game, he will be banned for the three following games - and that could be the PO semi finals / finals. No idea what would happen if someone got a red in that game.

Not sure what that would mean if we were promoted - would they carry over to the Premier League?

But basically I think he needs to keep his nose clean for both Coventry and Hull
Booking count on 13:25 - Apr 15 with 1871 viewslongtimefan

Booking count on 12:59 - Apr 15 by Exiled2Surrey

Are you sure that is correct? I have not read the rules, but I had heard that if he gets a 15th booking during the Huddersfield game, he will be banned for the three following games - and that could be the PO semi finals / finals. No idea what would happen if someone got a red in that game.

Not sure what that would mean if we were promoted - would they carry over to the Premier League?

But basically I think he needs to keep his nose clean for both Coventry and Hull

You are correct. He needs to avoid picking up 2 more cards in the next three matches. The official document is :
https://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/player-essential
which states the period runs up to and including the "Last day of the relevant league playing season prior to the Play-Off matches"
[Post edited 15 Apr 13:27]
Booking count on 14:01 - Apr 15 with 1687 viewstonybied

Sorry, you're correct. My scenario was taking for granted that we're not going to be involved in the playoffs (which is true isn't it?)
Booking count on 14:24 - Apr 15 with 1572 views_clive_baker_

The 15 bookings rule is wiped after the Huddersfield game, but any suspension earned before the final whistle of that game would carry on into the playoffs.
Booking count on 14:26 - Apr 15 with 1553 viewsDennyx4

Booking count on 14:24 - Apr 15 by _clive_baker_

The 15 bookings rule is wiped after the Huddersfield game, but any suspension earned before the final whistle of that game would carry on into the playoffs.

Would also carry into next season too, if we are not in the play offs.
Login to get fewer ads

Booking count on 15:47 - Apr 15 with 1379 viewsgringoblue

Booking count on 13:25 - Apr 15 by longtimefan

You are correct. He needs to avoid picking up 2 more cards in the next three matches. The official document is :
https://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/player-essential
which states the period runs up to and including the "Last day of the relevant league playing season prior to the Play-Off matches"
[Post edited 15 Apr 13:27]

So lets say we head into the Huddersfield game needing to win and other teams to drop points for us to get promoted. Results are going against us heading in to the last 5 mins, Morsy has already picked up a booking, his 15th after one at Hull, no hope of promotion now, we are nailed on for play offs...

Is he better off getting a second booking and sending off for kicking the ball away or a sly trip - would he then serve a one match ban during the play offs instead of three?
[Post edited 15 Apr 15:48]
Booking count on 15:54 - Apr 15 with 1340 viewsDarkBrandon

Booking count on 15:47 - Apr 15 by gringoblue

So lets say we head into the Huddersfield game needing to win and other teams to drop points for us to get promoted. Results are going against us heading in to the last 5 mins, Morsy has already picked up a booking, his 15th after one at Hull, no hope of promotion now, we are nailed on for play offs...

Is he better off getting a second booking and sending off for kicking the ball away or a sly trip - would he then serve a one match ban during the play offs instead of three?

No. He’d serve a four match ban, not a three match ban.

So he’d miss the first two games of next season, rather than merely the first.
Booking count on 15:55 - Apr 15 with 1337 viewsHerbivore

No, he'd served a 4 game ban. One game for the red, three for reaching 15 bookings.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Booking count on 19:02 - Apr 15 with 1099 viewsTexacoCup

Booking count on 15:54 - Apr 15 by DarkBrandon

No. He’d serve a four match ban, not a three match ban.

So he’d miss the first two games of next season, rather than merely the first.

If we get promoted would a carried over ban count in the PL?
Leicester aren't getting deducted points this season because the EFL isn't the PL, so that would suggest a ban wouldn't / shouldn't carry over
Booking count on 06:32 - Apr 16 with 830 viewstextbackup

Even worse… he’s booked at Hull, then vs Huddersfield we are winning 1-0 with 1min to go… all results going our way… they have a dangerous attack in which he chops a man down and gets his 15th booking.

Leeds/Leicester/Soton get a goal to place us 3rd. We miss out on top 2, and face the playoffs without him.

Isn’t it hard hard to focus when just working out if we’ll go up, with adding in the Morsy worry 😳

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Booking count on 10:47 - Apr 16 with 594 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Correct, the clock starts again in the playoffs but if he gets booked twice in the next 3 games he'll miss the playoffs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024