Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would we want anyone from Manu? 12:58 - May 2 with 2141 viewsArgyle_blue

Given that the whole squad is supposedly up for sale, if we win promotion on Saturday would we want any of them? Some would obviously be out of our league. The McKenna link might help too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cz74jgj8ej1o
Would we want anyone from Manu? on 13:00 - May 2 with 1815 viewsvilanovablue

Who could we realistically afford?
Would we want anyone from Manu? on 13:02 - May 2 with 1763 viewsFrimleyBlue

Maguire
Diallo

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Would we want anyone from Manu? on 13:02 - May 2 with 1787 viewshoppy

Are those seriously realistic figures of valuation?

£7m for 32 year old Eriksen
£14m for 31 year old Maguire?

Doubt we'd be shopping in that aisle.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Would we want anyone from Manu? on 13:04 - May 2 with 1764 viewsWeWereZombies

'Out of our league' ? Maybe not when two thirty Saturday comes around.

McTominay is easily their best and most spirited player and yet gets so few starts, the right manager in the right system (as Steve Clarke has often shown) and he could boss most games. But, pricewise, you are probably right in saying he is out of our league.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Would we want anyone from Manu? on 13:06 - May 2 with 1738 viewsBiGDonnie

Yup, Brandon Williams.
[Post edited 2 May 13:20]

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Would we want anyone from Manu? on 13:09 - May 2 with 1695 viewsbazza

Would we want anyone from Manu? on 13:02 - May 2 by hoppy

Are those seriously realistic figures of valuation?

£7m for 32 year old Eriksen
£14m for 31 year old Maguire?

Doubt we'd be shopping in that aisle.

To be fair, eriksen and McGuire.. it’s like the aisle where the dented cans and squashed biscuits are .
Would we want anyone from Manu? on 13:10 - May 2 with 1680 viewsIllinoisblue

Would we want anyone from Manu? on 13:06 - May 2 by BiGDonnie

Yup, Brandon Williams.
[Post edited 2 May 13:20]

Having a laugh, surely?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Would we want anyone from Manu? on 13:11 - May 2 with 1656 viewsBiGDonnie

Would we want anyone from Manu? on 13:10 - May 2 by Illinoisblue

Having a laugh, surely?

No, why would I be? He's quality and contract coming to an end.

COYBs

Login to get fewer ads

Would we want anyone from Manu? on 13:13 - May 2 with 1628 viewsWeWereZombies

Would we want anyone from Manu? on 13:11 - May 2 by BiGDonnie

No, why would I be? He's quality and contract coming to an end.

Also, we haven't had a player with the [redacted][redacted] on the pitch since Gary Croft....

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Would we want anyone from Manu? on 13:15 - May 2 with 1608 viewsZx1988

Would we want anyone from Manu? on 13:10 - May 2 by Illinoisblue

Having a laugh, surely?

I did wonder a little while back whether his indiscretions may play into our hands should we have legitimate interest in keeping him, as he'll have severely blotted his copybook and probably will have to adjust his new demands accordingly.

If he's able to sort out his personal issues, and perhaps show commitment to that by signing a suitably watertight contract (i.e. Muck up and you're out or suchlike) I'd certainly be interested in having him back.

In full health, he's a very good player.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Would we want anyone from Manu? on 13:18 - May 2 with 1583 viewsBiGDonnie

Would we want anyone from Manu? on 13:13 - May 2 by WeWereZombies

Also, we haven't had a player with the [redacted][redacted] on the pitch since Gary Croft....

Ha! He clearly enjoyed his time here, knows the club and could be on a free transfer. Absolute no brainer for me.

COYBs

Would we want anyone from Manu? on 13:19 - May 2 with 1548 viewswkj

Would we want anyone from Manu? on 13:18 - May 2 by BiGDonnie

Ha! He clearly enjoyed his time here, knows the club and could be on a free transfer. Absolute no brainer for me.

He seems a bit mentally all over the shop for me, lets just get Martial for 11m instead.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Would we want anyone from Manu? on 13:24 - May 2 with 1474 viewsBiGDonnie

Would we want anyone from Manu? on 13:19 - May 2 by wkj

He seems a bit mentally all over the shop for me, lets just get Martial for 11m instead.

No better than what we've got. Amad Diallo for £7m though...

COYBs

Would we want anyone from Manu? on 13:24 - May 2 with 1475 viewsChurchman

Would we want anyone from Manu? on 13:04 - May 2 by WeWereZombies

'Out of our league' ? Maybe not when two thirty Saturday comes around.

McTominay is easily their best and most spirited player and yet gets so few starts, the right manager in the right system (as Steve Clarke has often shown) and he could boss most games. But, pricewise, you are probably right in saying he is out of our league.

McTominay has the kind of face I could hit all day. I don’t think he’s all that as a player either.

Somebody on Sky said the other week just how awful their squad is. They’ve spent boatloads of £ on garbage.
Would we want anyone from Manu? on 13:27 - May 2 with 1451 viewsArgyle_blue

Would we want anyone from Manu? on 13:24 - May 2 by Churchman

McTominay has the kind of face I could hit all day. I don’t think he’s all that as a player either.

Somebody on Sky said the other week just how awful their squad is. They’ve spent boatloads of £ on garbage.

Agree a lot of garbage but maybe some unloved gems that McKenna could work his magic on. Something off about Man U at the moment. Look at sancho last night - different player. Suppose he might have inside track on yoof squad.
Would we want anyone from Manu? on 13:44 - May 2 with 1352 viewsBondiBlue

Would we want anyone from Manu? on 13:00 - May 2 by vilanovablue

Who could we realistically afford?

Diallo for 7 if we can't get hutchinson?

Poll: Which would you accept?

Would we want anyone from Manu? on 13:54 - May 2 with 1308 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Would we want anyone from Manu? on 13:24 - May 2 by Churchman

Slight reality check needed here, their squad is awful in the context of challenging for the title but they are still 6th in the Premier League. We meanwhile need a point to be confirmed as the second best team in the second division

McTominay isn’t realistic but if he played for us now he’d be our best midfielder by far. Same with others mentioned in this thread - eg. Maguire May be perceived as a joke figure but he’s streets ahead of anyone we have at the back

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Would we want anyone from Manu? on 14:23 - May 2 with 1219 viewsChurchman

Would we want anyone from Manu? on 13:54 - May 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Slight reality check needed here, their squad is awful in the context of challenging for the title but they are still 6th in the Premier League. We meanwhile need a point to be confirmed as the second best team in the second division

McTominay isn’t realistic but if he played for us now he’d be our best midfielder by far. Same with others mentioned in this thread - eg. Maguire May be perceived as a joke figure but he’s streets ahead of anyone we have at the back

I think the reality check is that we shouldn’t be even thinking about the Billy big bollx type of overpaid, second rate, bad attitude wasters playing for Man U or hasbeens like Dele Alli (see other thread).

These people appear to be the complete opposite to the kind of guys we have here. Albeit at a lower level, we have a real squad. A real team. Man U have a collection of highly paid not very good by top six standard mercenaries. Maguire’s career is on the way down. McTominay really isn’t great. Gets stuck in now and again and has played the odd decent game for Scotland. No thanks.

All hypothetical. We could never afford their wages anyway. We need hungry team players here or experience with the attitude of Morsy. Don’t see a lot of hunger or team at Man U. The lad who played for Sunderland last year was decent. I’d take him if we can’t keep Hutchinson.

Lastly, the last person bar Williams I recall us signing from Man U was Lee Martin. He stank the place out. Maybe that has prejudiced me.
Would we want anyone from Manu? on 14:36 - May 2 with 1167 viewsNumber22

Diallo, Bayindir (Back Up), Harry Amass back up AML, Wan Bissaka, RB... theres a few.
Would cost a lot though.
Would we want anyone from Manu? on 15:04 - May 2 with 1073 viewsIllinoisblue

Would we want anyone from Manu? on 13:19 - May 2 by wkj

Rather sign Ian Marshall tbf

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Would we want anyone from Manu? on 15:12 - May 2 with 1013 viewsChurchman

Would we want anyone from Manu? on 15:04 - May 2 by Illinoisblue

I liked Ian Marshall. A wrecking ball of a player who looked like a hod carrier but had a voice like a squeaky toy and the mullet hairdo from hell.

He had a cracking partnership with Mathie.
Would we want anyone from Manu? on 15:12 - May 2 with 1015 viewshoppy

Would we want anyone from Manu? on 15:04 - May 2 by Illinoisblue

Or Andy?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Would we want anyone from Manu? on 15:19 - May 2 with 979 viewsLeaky

Our best recent signing came from Man U. A certain Mr McKenna
Would we want anyone from Manu? on 15:24 - May 2 with 941 viewsbaxterbasics

Add my vote for Brandon.

Couple of IFs though - needs to be cheap (which in current circs is possible) and he needs to have close mentoring back to 'full health' as it were - in other words, he needs to get his issues sorted. If the first condition is met, in my opinion he's a risk worth taking. He was the biz when he was on form.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Would we want anyone from Manu? on 15:50 - May 2 with 868 viewsElephantintheRoom

I doubt the franchise could afford Luton, Burnley or Sheff U’s cast offs - let alone Manure’s underachieving duds. Some of those players are probably earning more than Town’s entire wage budget - though no doubt every Town player will now have their wages doubled.

Whoever fails in the play offs is a more likely target Perhaps a central midfielder currently wasted at Soulthampton…

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024