Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hladky Contract 14:01 - May 10 with 1163 viewskizaitfc

Anyone know what the deal with the contract is, was he just waiting to see if we got promoted so he could ask for more?

Is he really in much of a bargaining position, as good as he is and I think he was in the top 3 performers this season, I highly doubt anyone better than us will be looking to sign him.

Found it very odd this has dragged on so long, anyone in the know?

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Hladky Contract on 14:04 - May 10 with 1135 viewsKropotkin123

Hladky's agent knows why.

Delays in contract negotiation are about more than just bargaining.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Hladky Contract on 14:04 - May 10 with 1122 viewsportmanking

Celtic.
Hladky Contract on 14:05 - May 10 with 1107 viewsPhilTWTD

Hladky Contract on 14:04 - May 10 by Kropotkin123

Hladky's agent knows why.

Delays in contract negotiation are about more than just bargaining.

From what VH said the other week, the deal is negotiated, he wasn't sure why he hadn't signed it yet.
Hladky Contract on 14:06 - May 10 with 1105 viewsZx1988

No ITK knowledge, but my reading between the lines of the interview the other month which said that 99% of it was all ironed out and he was looking forward to signing was that, potentially, there might be some disagreement over squad status in the Premier League.

I fully expect us to bring in a new starting GK this summer, and perhaps Hladky and his camp aren't necessarily satisfied with him being bumped down the pecking order.

No doubt there are potentially hundreds of reasons, but this feels like the most likely to me.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Hladky Contract on 14:07 - May 10 with 1079 viewsZx1988

Hladky Contract on 14:05 - May 10 by PhilTWTD

From what VH said the other week, the deal is negotiated, he wasn't sure why he hadn't signed it yet.

So, based on your better knowledge of such things, is this potentially a case of VH being happy with the terms on offer, but not having his agent's 'authority' to sign the contract?

Hladky Contract on 14:22 - May 10 with 982 viewsPhilTWTD

Hladky Contract on 14:07 - May 10 by Zx1988

So, based on your better knowledge of such things, is this potentially a case of VH being happy with the terms on offer, but not having his agent's 'authority' to sign the contract?

Wasn't sure whether the delay was from the club or his people. Suspect it may get done before he departs for the summer.
Hladky Contract on 14:22 - May 10 with 983 viewsKropotkin123

Hladky Contract on 14:06 - May 10 by Zx1988

No ITK knowledge, but my reading between the lines of the interview the other month which said that 99% of it was all ironed out and he was looking forward to signing was that, potentially, there might be some disagreement over squad status in the Premier League.

I fully expect us to bring in a new starting GK this summer, and perhaps Hladky and his camp aren't necessarily satisfied with him being bumped down the pecking order.

No doubt there are potentially hundreds of reasons, but this feels like the most likely to me.

More likely if it is 99% done that it is conflicting legal ambiguities relating addendums to the standard off the shelf contract. Eg. The agent wants one wording to protect their client (Hladky) due to some legal edge case, whereas the club wants another type of wording to protect themselves. This can go back an forth many times until we get a solution that works for both parties. This is what I would consider 99% there with terms agreed.

It's not going to be written into the contract that he is the number one or we won't bring in an additional keeper for competition. That would be closer to 1% done.
[Post edited 10 May 14:23]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.

Hladky Contract on 14:28 - May 10 with 909 viewsZx1988

Hladky Contract on 14:22 - May 10 by Kropotkin123

More likely if it is 99% done that it is conflicting legal ambiguities relating addendums to the standard off the shelf contract. Eg. The agent wants one wording to protect their client (Hladky) due to some legal edge case, whereas the club wants another type of wording to protect themselves. This can go back an forth many times until we get a solution that works for both parties. This is what I would consider 99% there with terms agreed.

It's not going to be written into the contract that he is the number one or we won't bring in an additional keeper for competition. That would be closer to 1% done.
[Post edited 10 May 14:23]

Thanks Kropotkin, that's an interesting insight.

I did notice that the big PL handbook that's been shared a few times recently contains a standard form of contract for players. Could a part of it possibly have been a case of not necessarily knowing which standard form would need to be used to form the base of the contract? Or is it possible to draft/sign some sort of conditional contract, the basic content of which depends upon the league in which the club is playing?

Login to get fewer ads

Hladky Contract on 14:30 - May 10 with 871 viewsdavblue

Hladky Contract on 14:06 - May 10 by Zx1988

im personally not convinced he's a premier league goalkeeper with his shot stopping.

With his feet, i have to say i was very surprised by how good he was last year, i can't recall seeing anything like that from him before that.
Hladky Contract on 14:39 - May 10 with 818 viewsKropotkin123

Hladky Contract on 14:28 - May 10 by Zx1988

Thanks Kropotkin, that's an interesting insight.

I did notice that the big PL handbook that's been shared a few times recently contains a standard form of contract for players. Could a part of it possibly have been a case of not necessarily knowing which standard form would need to be used to form the base of the contract? Or is it possible to draft/sign some sort of conditional contract, the basic content of which depends upon the league in which the club is playing?

I don't deal with football contracts, but I would strongly suspect the each agent takes the standard PL or EFL contract, reviews it and makes changes prior to any negotiation and this would form the agency's own standard contract. I'd assume the clubs does the same to eliminate perceived threats. I imagine meeting half way on this stuff is pretty simple. I can't imagine this wasn't done early on in the process.

I'd imagine the 1% is more related to a change (based on an agreement) that causes certain lines of the contract to no longer make sense. So they need to look at why the wording exists in the way it does and find a new wording that covers the changes and protects both parties sufficiently.

If this isn't the 1% they are talking about then imo it isn't at 1% left.

I can't imagine them bothering to waste time on signing draft contracts based upon the division they are in. If you sign a contract, you I've made an agreement, which could put either party in a weaker position too.

Edit: As you can tell from the amount of typos I've made and edits I've done, the agent wouldn't be the one making the changes. They will likely have a legal person in their team or more likely work with an external legal professional to do this part, so the back and forth is often were it takes time, rather than the issues or rewording itself.
[Post edited 10 May 14:52]

Hladky Contract on 15:15 - May 10 with 673 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Hladky Contract on 14:30 - May 10 by davblue

im personally not convinced he's a premier league goalkeeper with his shot stopping.

With his feet, i have to say i was very surprised by how good he was last year, i can't recall seeing anything like that from him before that.

His shot stopping and distribution is superb. I think when you say 'shot stopping' you actually mean hot often and how well he claims the ball, which he is less good at.

He also parries the ball into danger areas. Premier League strikers will be quick to capitalise on that.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024