Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watch the scum game today 22:30 - May 12 with 2213 viewstextbackup

Taking off my ITFC fan hat, I can honestly say it was the worse team I’ve seen in a championship playoff game.

I couldn’t work out what they were trying to do, they had absolutely nothing about them. Sara, Rowe, Sargent… just nothing from them.

If Leeds get an early goal on Thursday it could end up a 3/4-0
[Post edited 13 May 7:48]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Watch the scum game today on 22:46 - May 12 with 2085 viewsmalbec_blue

Guessing you mean it was the worst rather than not, but can't be sure.

I wonder what's happened to them. I mean, they have a strong enough squad, they have money, they have shown they are capable of turning it on when it comes to 'occasions', well us at least. And we've not been half bad. So what gives?

You look at these sides knowing they can do better so the only conclusion has to be how they've handled this mentally, surely? I was dreading us getting dragged into the play-offs but on today's showing it seems my fears might have been unfounded.

I'm happy we'll never need to know of course! But nonetheless, they don't seem all that.

Edit: Hope your back injury is improving. That sounded nasty.
[Post edited 12 May 22:47]
Watch the scum game today on 02:06 - May 13 with 1841 viewsIllinoisblue

I was more surprised by how poor Leeds were. Looked aimless and in desperate need of a Hirst or Moore to link play up top.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Watch the scum game today on 03:15 - May 13 with 1824 viewsITFCSG

Watching the game I am amazed how we managed to lose to both these teams. Leeds look nothing like the side that trashed us 4-0 at Elland Road. Scum looked no different from a League One mid-table outfit. Playoffs nerves maybe?
Watch the scum game today on 07:50 - May 13 with 1457 viewstextbackup

Watch the scum game today on 03:15 - May 13 by ITFCSG

Watching the game I am amazed how we managed to lose to both these teams. Leeds look nothing like the side that trashed us 4-0 at Elland Road. Scum looked no different from a League One mid-table outfit. Playoffs nerves maybe?

Leeds offered very little either, I agree. But atleast they actually passed the ball between them, Norwich were just wacking it forwards, often out of play.

In the 88th min their CB launched it miles into the stand whilst looking for matey on the wing. And I didn’t even hear a groan!

Terrible game of football.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Watch the scum game today on 08:11 - May 13 with 1386 viewsdavblue

Norwich are a negative team despite the goals for and against column. Functional side
Who have a little bit of quality who can win them a game.

Leeds looked shot to pieces in the 1st half and a better team would have beaten them yesterday. That may have helped Leeds long term though, stopping the rot.

Norwich will look keep it tight in the away leg, slowing the game down looking to play for set pieces and counter attacking when they can.

No idea who wins it tbh. If the Leeds we have seen from October - March do then it’s a really tough game for Norwich.
Watch the scum game today on 08:23 - May 13 with 1286 viewsGarv

Watch the scum game today on 03:15 - May 13 by ITFCSG

I'm all for battering Norwich and Leeds but let's face it, we've had a few games this season where opposing fans have said "and this lot are in the top two?" or similar.

It happens, teams can look electric one week and then below average the next.

I do think Leeds are shot for confidence though so I can see Norwich beating them.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Watch the scum game today on 08:23 - May 13 with 1297 viewsArnieM

Scum have reached those PO’s by defending deep and using break football to nick a goal. Their front men look for free kicks around the 18yard area by diving at the merest touch. I’m expect exactly this tactic at Elland Rd.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Watch the scum game today on 08:40 - May 13 with 1188 viewsNeedhamChris

Watch the scum game today on 08:23 - May 13 by ArnieM

Scum have reached those PO’s by defending deep and using break football to nick a goal. Their front men look for free kicks around the 18yard area by diving at the merest touch. I’m expect exactly this tactic at Elland Rd.

What are you basing that off?

They have conceded 7 more goals than the defence you regularly lambast on here, and have only scored two less than Leeds.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Login to get fewer ads

Watch the scum game today on 09:17 - May 13 with 1014 viewsbournemouthblue

Watch the scum game today on 08:23 - May 13 by ArnieM

They adopted exactly the same game as they did against us basically

Leeds gave them less but couldn't ever really unlock them, I get the impression Leeds like ourselves have struggled with sides like this this season, more so than us, hence the 6 point difference ultimately

Leeds for all their talent, do lack an out and out striker. It wasn't the case before January but having signed Al-Hamadi and Moore, we have added that striking depth we needed to get over the line

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Watch the scum game today on 10:02 - May 13 with 865 viewsChocorange

Watch the scum game today on 08:40 - May 13 by NeedhamChris

What are you basing that off?

They have conceded 7 more goals than the defence you regularly lambast on here, and have only scored two less than Leeds.

Think Arnie is right on this one.

Scum have let 10 goals in last 11 matches now , is an easy misread of the stats, they had let 33 over half their total league goals conceded 33 out of 64 in first 18 games.

They were v defensive and created next to nothing against us at their place, but stopped us creating too.

Add to that , that their manager got Huddersfield promoted through the championship play offs in 2017, two semi finals which ended 0-0 and 1-1 after extra time and a win on penalties , then a final which again ended 0-0 after extra time and they won on penalties.
Watch the scum game today on 13:07 - May 13 with 571 viewsExiled2Surrey

Watch the scum game today on 09:17 - May 13 by bournemouthblue

They adopted exactly the same game as they did against us basically

Leeds gave them less but couldn't ever really unlock them, I get the impression Leeds like ourselves have struggled with sides like this this season, more so than us, hence the 6 point difference ultimately

Leeds for all their talent, do lack an out and out striker. It wasn't the case before January but having signed Al-Hamadi and Moore, we have added that striking depth we needed to get over the line

He is not that out and out striker, but I think they missed Bamford. They were also playing with three in the middle and it just didn't seem to click initially and meant they were lightweight up top - Gnonto and Sumerville are no giants.

Rumours of Barnes back for Thursday - suspect that might be a good thing for Norwich.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024