Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was it simply pot luck 09:12 - May 15 with 2710 viewsGuthrum

or, if McKenna should be poached by ManU, do we trust Ashton to pick another top candidate? As this article suggests, he already has ideas of whom to approach. We will not be caught cold.

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/23923471.ipswich-town-mark-ashton-keeping-ho

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Rohl, Cifuentes, etc, etc. (n/t) on 10:39 - May 15 with 573 viewsgainsboroughblue

Rohl, Cifuentes, etc, etc. (n/t) on 10:36 - May 15 by Hackneyblueboy

Personally I would go for Steve Cooper. He has managed in the premier league and plays good football. I think he would be a good fit and less of a gamble.

Danny Rohl and Potter would be on my list as well although not sure if Potter would be obtainable.
[Post edited 15 May 10:37]

Has Potter even been linked with a job since Chelsea? Feels a bit like he's waiting for Southgate to go in the summer.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Rohl, Cifuentes, etc, etc. (n/t) on 11:20 - May 15 with 522 viewsHackneyblueboy

Rohl, Cifuentes, etc, etc. (n/t) on 10:39 - May 15 by gainsboroughblue

Has Potter even been linked with a job since Chelsea? Feels a bit like he's waiting for Southgate to go in the summer.

He has turned down a lot of jobs, for clubs bigger than ours. I wouldn't expect him to come here necessarily but now we're in the premier league he should definitely be on the list.

Cooper would be attainable for sure and I think we could do a lot worse if McKenna does leave this season.

For what it's worth, I can't see Man U taking a gamble on him yet but maybe in a year or two. Brighton I think is more likely if De Zerbi goes as McKenna will be their number one target.
Rohl, Cifuentes, etc, etc. (n/t) on 11:26 - May 15 with 507 viewsFBI

Rohl, Cifuentes, etc, etc. (n/t) on 10:39 - May 15 by gainsboroughblue

Turned down Ajax, apparently.

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

Was it simply pot luck on 11:53 - May 15 with 480 viewsnrb1985

Was it simply pot luck on 09:48 - May 15 by _clive_baker_

If it happened now / over the next few weeks then we're presumably an attractive proposition and should leverage that. I wouldn't be averse to getting someone with a bit more premier league experience if we find ourselves in that position, rather than hoping to roll 2 6's again with an up and coming McKenna mk2. Potter might be fanciful and too much of a stretch financially, but someone like him would be a good balance.

I agree re Potter but he's still being paid his ludicrous salary by Chelsea, part of the reason he just turned down Ajax too.

It would have to be an unbelievably compelling offer for him to take such a pay cut and come here.
I like Cooper too…. on 13:03 - May 15 with 416 viewsBloots

Personally I would go for Steve Cooper. He has managed in the premier league and plays good football. I think he would be a good fit and less of a gamble.

Danny Rohl and Potter would be on my list as well although not sure if Potter would be obtainable.

….seems odd that he hasn’t been linked with anything lately.

I wonder, and I know this is a bit random, if he’s in with a shout for the England job once Southgate cocks it up in the summer.

He’s done well in the setup previously and knows a lot of the players.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Rohl, Cifuentes, etc, etc. (n/t) on 13:05 - May 15 with 413 viewsLeoMuff

I would go for Potter as well, burnt by Chelsea and we would have the stability and funds to come back from that.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Was it simply pot luck on 14:14 - May 15 with 331 viewssoupytwist

Who was the other possible candidate at the time we employed McKenna? I'm sure a name has been mentioned in places but I can't remember who it was.
I do remember thinking that their subsequent career trajectory made me think that I'm glad Ashton chose McKenna. Was it Michael Beale?

If it was, and he was under serious consideration, then Ashton's not exactly infallible.
Was it simply pot luck on 14:19 - May 15 with 316 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not that I want to worry anyone, but Ashtons record at Bristol wasn't the best.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Was it simply pot luck on 14:32 - May 15 with 288 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Was it simply pot luck on 14:19 - May 15 by Swansea_Blue

Not that I want to worry anyone, but Ashtons record at Bristol wasn't the best.

How much say did he have versus Landsdowne? We can’t objectively say they were his picks.

The great thing with our backers, is they seem largely light touch when it comes to footballing decisions (at least from the outside).
Was it simply pot luck on 14:41 - May 15 with 268 viewsVic

Was it simply pot luck on 09:14 - May 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

Timing was lucky, if Solksjaer hasn't been sacked he may not have been available.

I suspect alot of clubs had McKenna on their radar.

We'd be amazingly lucky to get a replacement of similar calibre.

Brighton seem to have managed continuity so I’d like to think we’d manage the same.

But I just can’t see United taking a chance on a manager with no top fight experience.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024