Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just a thought on the KM speculation and rumours 17:18 - May 20 with 15524 viewsblueasfook

It would be good if sooner rather than later the club would come out and confirm he's staying for next season. I don't think it will help our pre-season preparations if there is uncertainty around who will be the manager. I think it won't help either the current playing squad or any potential signings might be put off if they're not sure who our manager will be.

Next season is going to be a huge challenge and we need solid foundations to make the best of it. I appreciate that the club perhaps haven't had firm approaches for him so don't feel the need to comment but something to quell the rumours would be good. For the fans if nothing else.
[Post edited 20 May 17:20]

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Just a thought on the KM speculation and rumours on 17:24 - May 20 with 8572 viewsBlueschev

I can't help but think that we're all over thinking this somewhat. When was the last time we had anyone worth poaching? I just don't think we're used to it.

As great as McKenna is, there's no chance he's going to Man Utd or Chelsea. Even Brighton seems a stretch given that he's never managed in the top flight before.
Just a thought on the KM speculation and rumours on 17:34 - May 20 with 8519 viewsblueasfook

Just a thought on the KM speculation and rumours on 17:24 - May 20 by Blueschev

I can't help but think that we're all over thinking this somewhat. When was the last time we had anyone worth poaching? I just don't think we're used to it.

As great as McKenna is, there's no chance he's going to Man Utd or Chelsea. Even Brighton seems a stretch given that he's never managed in the top flight before.

Agree. Some of the jobs he's been linked with are just silly. Man Utd, Chelsea for instance. But I could maybe see a smaller prem club taking a punt on him.

Just a thought on the KM speculation and rumours on 17:43 - May 20 with 8475 viewsMK1

Ipswich say they are doing everything possible to keep manager Kieran McKenna amid growing interest from Brighton, Chelsea and Manchester United. (Teamtalk)
Just a thought on the KM speculation and rumours on 17:54 - May 20 with 8443 viewsgtsb1966

If he is going to leave for Brighton then we'll know by Friday and if it's United we'll know by the end of next week. As for Chelsea, I would hope he wouldn't even consider it due to the club being such a basket case. Just my opinion of course. I'm quite chilled about it. If he stays I will be absolutely delighted but if he goes I trust Ashton et al to get it right again.
Just a thought on the KM speculation and rumours on 18:52 - May 20 with 8305 viewsHelp

What is the point in the club making a statement. Today he is manager of ITFC. Anytime in the future he may still be manager or maybe not. This speculation will not go away ever.

Anytime a manager in the prem gets the sack Kieran name will appear. That is the problem for us of the success he has achieved here. Why would other teams not be interested in someone who has achieved double promotion. His stock is high.

Will everyone get over it. You have no control over it nor what happens thereafter. Control the controllable. Mark Ashton will do what he can whatever happens. Give the rest of us a break from the panic.
Just a thought on the KM speculation and rumours on 19:41 - May 20 with 8221 viewsPhilTWTD

Just a thought on the KM speculation and rumours on 17:34 - May 20 by blueasfook

Agree. Some of the jobs he's been linked with are just silly. Man Utd, Chelsea for instance. But I could maybe see a smaller prem club taking a punt on him.

From what I gather there is something in Chelsea, although only as one for the list if Poch moves on this summer. Brighton interest is very real and can see it happening.
The TalkSport bloke had it... on 19:46 - May 20 with 8148 viewsBloots

Just a thought on the KM speculation and rumours on 19:41 - May 20 by PhilTWTD

From what I gather there is something in Chelsea, although only as one for the list if Poch moves on this summer. Brighton interest is very real and can see it happening.

...on the list of "inevitables" alongside Slot to Liverpool and Lopetegui to West Ham.

2/5 on Bet365 now.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

The TalkSport bloke had it... on 19:48 - May 20 with 8127 viewsPhilTWTD

The TalkSport bloke had it... on 19:46 - May 20 by Bloots

...on the list of "inevitables" alongside Slot to Liverpool and Lopetegui to West Ham.

2/5 on Bet365 now.

Does appear increasingly likely to happen.
Login to get fewer ads

Just a thought on the KM speculation and rumours on 19:48 - May 20 with 8108 viewsbazza

Really can’t understand why he’d move to another club which is only a stepping stone to another bigger club.. with expectations of at least a mid table finish, surely it’s more of an achievement to establish us in the prem.
The TalkSport bloke had it... on 19:53 - May 20 with 8034 viewsgtsb1966

The TalkSport bloke had it... on 19:48 - May 20 by PhilTWTD

Francesco Farioli is a name getting more and more mentions for the Brighton job.
What happens if we get relegated.....? on 19:53 - May 20 with 8033 viewsBloots

Just a thought on the KM speculation and rumours on 19:48 - May 20 by bazza

Really can’t understand why he’d move to another club which is only a stepping stone to another bigger club.. with expectations of at least a mid table finish, surely it’s more of an achievement to establish us in the prem.

....which is relatively likely according to most recent seasons.

What is his stock worth then?

Look at Kompany.

I think we have to be a bit more realistic than many ITFC fans currently are.

That's purely because.... on 19:55 - May 20 with 7970 viewsBloots

The TalkSport bloke had it... on 19:53 - May 20 by gtsb1966

Francesco Farioli is a name getting more and more mentions for the Brighton job.

...De Zerbi suggested him.

Be a bit odd to employ someone on the recommendation of the person you've just binned.

He's drifting in the betting market, Martin is 2nd favourite in some places now.

The TalkSport bloke had it... on 19:56 - May 20 with 8001 viewsitfcjoe

Seems to have been so much noise this afternoon from so many differing sources saying it’s happening to me, just devastating but starting to feel inevitable

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

That's purely because.... on 19:56 - May 20 with 7936 viewsPhilTWTD

That's purely because.... on 19:55 - May 20 by Bloots

Be a bit odd to employ someone on the recommendation of the person you've just binned.

He's drifting in the betting market, Martin is 2nd favourite in some places now.

Town appointed Mick on the recommendation of Paul Jewell!
The TalkSport bloke had it... on 19:57 - May 20 with 7950 viewsPhilTWTD

The TalkSport bloke had it... on 19:56 - May 20 by itfcjoe

Seems to have been so much noise this afternoon from so many differing sources saying it’s happening to me, just devastating but starting to feel inevitable

Hearing similar from a number of directions.
I fully expect KM to talk to them..... on 19:58 - May 20 with 7879 viewsBloots

....the deciding factor may be down to player recruitment.

DZ left because he had no say at all in who they brought in, everything is down to Bloom's stat model.

KM loves his stats and analytics, so he may be comfortable with it, but having no input at all might put him off.

Maybe?? MAYBE!!!

What happens if we get relegated.....? on 19:58 - May 20 with 7878 viewsbazza

What happens if we get relegated.....? on 19:53 - May 20 by Bloots

....which is relatively likely according to most recent seasons.

What is his stock worth then?

Look at Kompany.

I think we have to be a bit more realistic than many ITFC fans currently are.

What if he goes to Brighton or Chelsea or man united, has a poor season, and the media rip him to shreds, and he gets sacked. Staying at town or taking another job all have risks.. I’m just going to stick my head in the sand, and hope he doesn’t leave.
We got lucky! (n/t) on 19:59 - May 20 with 7846 viewsBloots

That's purely because.... on 19:56 - May 20 by PhilTWTD

Town appointed Mick on the recommendation of Paul Jewell!

That's purely because.... on 20:00 - May 20 with 7843 viewsLankHenners

That's purely because.... on 19:55 - May 20 by Bloots

Bit weird that people are holding onto that really (although do understand the temptation to clutch at any available straw) - appointing a manager because the previous guy recommended him is about as far away from Brighton's process as you could possibly get.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I think that's the only option left now! (n/t) on 20:00 - May 20 with 7833 viewsBloots

What happens if we get relegated.....? on 19:58 - May 20 by bazza

What if he goes to Brighton or Chelsea or man united, has a poor season, and the media rip him to shreds, and he gets sacked. Staying at town or taking another job all have risks.. I’m just going to stick my head in the sand, and hope he doesn’t leave.

I fully expect KM to talk to them..... on 20:02 - May 20 with 7764 viewsitfcjoe

I fully expect KM to talk to them..... on 19:58 - May 20 by Bloots

....the deciding factor may be down to player recruitment.

DZ left because he had no say at all in who they brought in, everything is down to Bloom's stat model.

KM loves his stats and analytics, so he may be comfortable with it, but having no input at all might put him off.

Maybe?? MAYBE!!!

I think the hope is a last minute change of heart led by him and his family, professionally the move makes sense but it’s that balanced against the personal

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The TalkSport bloke had it... on 20:02 - May 20 with 7744 viewsSitfcB

The TalkSport bloke had it... on 19:53 - May 20 by gtsb1966

Faded away in the betting. Was 2/1, now 7/1.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Just a thought on the KM speculation and rumours on 20:02 - May 20 with 7756 viewsblueasfook

Oh well that's made me feel better.

I'm going upstairs to throw myself on the bed and sob into my pillow. I may be a while.

The TalkSport bloke had it... on 20:06 - May 20 with 7642 viewsSitfcB

The TalkSport bloke had it... on 19:57 - May 20 by PhilTWTD

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The TalkSport bloke had it... on 20:08 - May 20 with 7576 viewspointofblue

The TalkSport bloke had it... on 19:57 - May 20 by PhilTWTD

At least if it happens now, it's early in the pre-season instead of mid July. Any signings or departures will be with the say so of the new manager, rather than half from McKenna.

ETA - Sorry, is this based on Brighton being interested in him or McKenna also being interested in Brighton?
[Post edited 20 May 20:13]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024