Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One thing this KM contract shows 15:53 - May 22 with 2047 viewsFrimleyBlue

IF it's true and indeed happens

Those saying we won't be seeing any big money signings.. I wouldn't be to sure

If we're happy to spend 100k a week on manager who lets remember hasn't managed 1 game in the prem yet, then I think it's safe to say, if said manager wants a prime prem experienced player to come in, we're not gonna sit around and shop in the £5 bargain bin.

This isn't just a sign of our desire to keep KM, it's a massive sign of what our intentions are.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

One thing this KM contract shows on 15:55 - May 22 with 2015 viewsZx1988

Alongside that, I think it somewhat quashes suggestions that the likes of Graham Potter would be out of our league if KM was to leave.

£5m a year for the right candidate would open up a hell of a lot of doors.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

One thing this KM contract shows on 15:56 - May 22 with 1978 viewsSwansea_Blue

We definitely won't be now we've blown the budget on Kieran. I hope he can play right back!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

One thing this KM contract shows on 15:57 - May 22 with 1954 viewsStokieBlue

I don't think you can draw the conclusion you have from the evidence we have at this point.

It's fairly easy to argue that to us, McKenna is more important than any player and thus it probably makes sense to try and keep him even if it's our biggest outlay. He's proven he can make players better so also that affects where we will be shopping.

Doesn't mean I don't think we will see some decent sized signings, just that the two things are fairly independent in my view and don't necessarily correlate in the way you have proposed.

Let's try and keep McKenna before worrying about any signings.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

One thing this KM contract shows on 16:04 - May 22 with 1876 viewsFrimleyBlue

One thing this KM contract shows on 15:57 - May 22 by StokieBlue

I don't think you can draw the conclusion you have from the evidence we have at this point.

It's fairly easy to argue that to us, McKenna is more important than any player and thus it probably makes sense to try and keep him even if it's our biggest outlay. He's proven he can make players better so also that affects where we will be shopping.

Doesn't mean I don't think we will see some decent sized signings, just that the two things are fairly independent in my view and don't necessarily correlate in the way you have proposed.

SB

I hope the club aren't just concentrating on KM over signings tbh, without one we are still going to need the other.

Waka waka eh eh

One thing this KM contract shows on 16:07 - May 22 with 1809 viewsStokieBlue

One thing this KM contract shows on 16:04 - May 22 by FrimleyBlue

I hope the club aren't just concentrating on KM over signings tbh, without one we are still going to need the other.

I would think they are definitely concentrating on McKenna ahead of any signings.

Retaining him would be the most important signing of the season.

Needs to be an order to these things, get that situation sorted first then move onto recruitment.

SB

One thing this KM contract shows on 16:07 - May 22 with 1798 viewsNeedhamChris

One thing this KM contract shows on 15:57 - May 22 by StokieBlue

SB

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c3ggpj1j4y7o

Alternatively (subject to the sources here...) - he may just turn it down and not leave immediately and therefore need to carry on with signings.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

One thing this KM contract shows on 16:08 - May 22 with 1774 viewsStokieBlue

One thing this KM contract shows on 16:07 - May 22 by NeedhamChris

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c3ggpj1j4y7o

Alternatively (subject to the sources here...) - he may just turn it down and not leave immediately and therefore need to carry on with signings.

But that is only known after this situation is resolved, if he turns it down it's unlikely he's staying and then the recruitment is likely to be different.

SB

One thing this KM contract shows on 16:11 - May 22 with 1731 viewsFrimleyBlue

One thing this KM contract shows on 16:07 - May 22 by StokieBlue

I would think they are definitely concentrating on McKenna ahead of any signings.

Retaining him would be the most important signing of the season.

Needs to be an order to these things, get that situation sorted first then move onto recruitment.

SB

Beg to differ, we can't be waiting on him to decide what he want's whilst we sit back and wait for him to tell us before we start looking at recruitment. Ashton talks of head starts, do you put everything on hold because KM's not committing?

Waka waka eh eh

Login to get fewer ads

One thing this KM contract shows on 16:12 - May 22 with 1681 viewsNeedhamChris

One thing this KM contract shows on 16:08 - May 22 by StokieBlue

But that is only known after this situation is resolved, if he turns it down it's unlikely he's staying and then the recruitment is likely to be different.

SB

Turning it down doesn't mean he gets an offer he wants from elsewhere though.

I would be shocked if there weren't more restrictive release clauses tied in - he may not be imminently ready or able to leave but also unwilling to tie himself and restrict a move in a few weeks.

One thing this KM contract shows on 16:14 - May 22 with 1650 viewsStokieBlue

One thing this KM contract shows on 16:11 - May 22 by FrimleyBlue

Beg to differ, we can't be waiting on him to decide what he want's whilst we sit back and wait for him to tell us before we start looking at recruitment. Ashton talks of head starts, do you put everything on hold because KM's not committing?

Yes, because that needs to be resolved and the transfer window doesn't open for 2 or 3 weeks and who we want to buy depends a lot on who the manager is.

Unless you think the manager shouldn't be in control of player recruitment?

SB

One thing this KM contract shows on 16:15 - May 22 with 1617 viewsStokieBlue

One thing this KM contract shows on 16:12 - May 22 by NeedhamChris

Turning it down doesn't mean he gets an offer he wants from elsewhere though.

I would be shocked if there weren't more restrictive release clauses tied in - he may not be imminently ready or able to leave but also unwilling to tie himself and restrict a move in a few weeks.

All assumptions which don't tally with the evidence.

If the clauses were that restrictive I doubt we would be seeing rumours of Brighton readying a contract.

SB

One thing this KM contract shows on 16:16 - May 22 with 1588 viewsBseaBlue

One thing this KM contract shows on 16:14 - May 22 by StokieBlue

Yes, because that needs to be resolved and the transfer window doesn't open for 2 or 3 weeks and who we want to buy depends a lot on who the manager is.

SB

We are quite old school in that the manager plays a big part in signings etc. This wouldnt make much difference at other clubs these days with 'head coaches' but I have always had the impression that KMac has a big say in things here.

I make you right though. It needs to be resolved first as it is pointless signing players for another manager with a different style to take over.
One thing this KM contract shows on 16:19 - May 22 with 1533 viewsFrimleyBlue

SB

Managers should always be, but if the commitment isn't there, I don't see how the club can throw away the head start we've had for the sake of waiting on KM to decide what he wants.
Im not saying the club shouldn't be dealing with the KM thing of course they need to, but recruitment can't stop either, otherwise we 'Could' be going into the window no further forward, potentially no manager, half a squad left with 7 weeks until the season starts.

It's a difficult balance no doubt, but I just don't think you can drop recruitment completely whilst we wait for him to decide what he wants

Waka waka eh eh

One thing this KM contract shows on 16:23 - May 22 with 1475 viewsBloomBlue

American owners. Like all American companies, they value managers above everything else. They always think a company, group, line of business, team, etc is nothing without a good manager. They will always say, no team will ever perform without a top manager.
So I'm sure his contract was written with lots of performance targets and £ rewards if they were hit.
One thing this KM contract shows on 16:48 - May 22 with 1373 viewsChurchman

SB

The transfer window isn’t far away. This speculation will harm Ipswich Town, if it hasn’t already, and needs to end. The football club and its progress is all that matters to me. If McKenna, who when alls said and done is an employee, doesn’t want to stay, fine. Just go and clear your desk quickly.

The structure and staffing at ITFC are in place. I’ve no doubt McKenna will pillage what he can if he goes, but the structure means that the staff who go can be replaced.

Recruitment is done by a recruitment team. McKenna and co identify what they need and he has final say. I’d expect that process to stay in place. But as you rightly point out, SB, that cannot happen without a manager in place. It needs to be resolved by the end of the week.
One thing this KM contract shows on 18:27 - May 22 with 1079 viewsFrimleyBlue

One thing this KM contract shows on 16:48 - May 22 by Churchman

The transfer window isn’t far away. This speculation will harm Ipswich Town, if it hasn’t already, and needs to end. The football club and its progress is all that matters to me. If McKenna, who when alls said and done is an employee, doesn’t want to stay, fine. Just go and clear your desk quickly.

The structure and staffing at ITFC are in place. I’ve no doubt McKenna will pillage what he can if he goes, but the structure means that the staff who go can be replaced.

Recruitment is done by a recruitment team. McKenna and co identify what they need and he has final say. I’d expect that process to stay in place. But as you rightly point out, SB, that cannot happen without a manager in place. It needs to be resolved by the end of the week.

Also, it's not a good look if you're trying to sell the project that you might actually leave in the near future.

Either commit or leave soon, yes excellent job so far, we all want him to stay, but if he's not, then go, he's quick to say ipswich will have a good season or whatever, perhaps not if he drags his heals and slows down our ability to get ready for the season.

Waka waka eh eh

One thing this KM contract shows on 19:04 - May 22 with 873 viewsStewart27

One thing this KM contract shows on 16:04 - May 22 by FrimleyBlue

Yes but KM will be the one to decide on the signings. So our hands are tied until he agrees.

If we continue recruitment whilst he ponders then this will potentially drive him out anyway.

Meaning the situation needs resolving pretty damn quickly one way or another so we can crack on.
One thing this KM contract shows on 19:07 - May 22 with 831 viewsNeedhamChris

One thing this KM contract shows on 16:15 - May 22 by StokieBlue

All assumptions which don't tally with the evidence.

If the clauses were that restrictive I doubt we would be seeing rumours of Brighton readying a contract.

SB

Sorry, to be clear it's restrictions in the 'reported' new contract I'm discussing not his current one.

I'm simply saying it's not true that turning it down and leaving are necessarily a combined action.

One thing this KM contract shows on 19:15 - May 22 with 744 viewsMK1

He is seen as more important than the players at the moment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024