Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Ashton 19:18 - May 22 with 2718 viewstextbackup

I know it comes with the job, but my god that bloke has some work on currently

- KM staying/going
- getting players signed up on new deals
- letting players go
- all the work around the stadium
- the work up the training ground
- endless AOB bits that will need his attention

I’d have chucked the computer out of the window by now and said ‘fck this’

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mark Ashton on 19:31 - May 22 with 2554 viewschicoazul

Gets his brother in law to do much of that. And he’s very well rewarded for it too.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Mark Ashton on 19:34 - May 22 with 2520 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Hope he didn't have any leave booked.

He starts every interview saying how many grey hairs he is getting. In his next interview he will be looking like Gary Lineker.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Mark Ashton on 19:34 - May 22 with 2516 viewsSwansea_Blue

Doesn’t he just. It goes to show how woefully underprepared we were under Evans. It’s a full time job and some, yet Evan’s put in yes men with no real authority who couldn’t operate at half the level. No wonder we stagnated on and off the pitch.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mark Ashton on 19:43 - May 22 with 2401 viewsParisBlue

I hope he has sufficient "oxygen" for the summer.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Mark Ashton on 19:45 - May 22 with 2346 viewstextbackup

Mark Ashton on 19:34 - May 22 by TRUE_BLUE123

He starts every interview saying how many grey hairs he is getting. In his next interview he will be looking like Gary Lineker.

As long as he doesn’t start acting like Wayne Linekar! That’s all we need right now

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mark Ashton on 19:48 - May 22 with 2258 viewsChorleyBoy

Mark Ashton on 19:34 - May 22 by TRUE_BLUE123

I'd give anything to have hair again whatever the colour.
Mark Ashton on 19:51 - May 22 with 2212 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ed Schwartz sending over some much needed oxygen as we speak.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Mark Ashton on 19:57 - May 22 with 2076 viewsGuthrum

Mark Ashton on 19:31 - May 22 by chicoazul

Gets his brother in law to do much of that. And he’s very well rewarded for it too.

It's all about effective delegation.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Mark Ashton on 19:58 - May 22 with 2042 viewsGuthrum

Mark Ashton on 19:34 - May 22 by Swansea_Blue

Doesn’t he just. It goes to show how woefully underprepared we were under Evans. It’s a full time job and some, yet Evan’s put in yes men with no real authority who couldn’t operate at half the level. No wonder we stagnated on and off the pitch.

Also not having the staff under them to carry the load.

Mark Ashton on 20:05 - May 22 with 1915 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

He'd never admit it of course, but the realisation that we've got b*gger all chance of staying up next season if KMc leaves must weigh quite heavily too.
Mark Ashton on 20:08 - May 22 with 1865 viewsLeaky

Mark Ashton on 20:05 - May 22 by LA_Tractor_Boy

He'd never admit it of course, but the realisation that we've got b*gger all chance of staying up next season if KMc leaves must weigh quite heavily too.

Bet your fun at party's
Mark Ashton on 20:09 - May 22 with 1841 viewsGuthrum

Why is that the case? Surely it would depend upon who replaced McKenna, should he leave.

He could actually delegate..... on 20:10 - May 22 with 1830 viewsBloots

....to the team that "he's built".

But that might not make him feel as great.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Mark Ashton on 20:12 - May 22 with 1794 viewsMattinLondon

Mark Ashton on 20:21 - May 22 with 1685 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

Mark Ashton on 20:09 - May 22 by Guthrum

Why is that the case? Surely it would depend upon who replaced McKenna, should he leave.

Just my opinion.

We're not about to sign 25 players with PL experience (and I don't want to) but most of the current squad were playing in League One 18 months ago.

It was KMc who got them so well drilled.
Mark Ashton on 20:28 - May 22 with 1564 viewsGuthrum

Mark Ashton on 20:21 - May 22 by LA_Tractor_Boy

Just my opinion.

We're not about to sign 25 players with PL experience (and I don't want to) but most of the current squad were playing in League One 18 months ago.

It was KMc who got them so well drilled.

So what we need is someone who can drill them to a similar level. Wer'e fishing in a somewhat larger and deeper pool than we were two and a half years ago, or even before that when we were in the Championship.

Mark Ashton on 22:38 - May 22 with 979 viewscressi

Mark Ashton on 20:28 - May 22 by Guthrum

So what we need is someone who can drill them to a similar level. Wer'e fishing in a somewhat larger and deeper pool than we were two and a half years ago, or even before that when we were in the Championship.

Well if he don't know te truth reference McKenna we are stuffed.
The bottom line is this needs sorting as quickly as possible one way or the other. Not doing the club any favours by not making any comments or statements if he was to want out I would let him go irrespective of what he has achieved same as having a partner who cheats says won't do again get rid. Find someone who is at least committed for now not looking for better all the time who will bail out at any given time.
Mark Ashton on 22:45 - May 22 with 883 viewsBossy

I agree. At the moment the club feels like it comes second to the one and only legendary Sir Kieran McKenna.

We have a whole club to get in order here. Credit to Ashton for keeping his head, the guy deserves a medal.
[Post edited 22 May 22:48]

Poll: Should there be stickied threads for hot topics (e.g. matchday/McKenna rumours)?

Mark Ashton on 22:56 - May 22 with 738 viewscressi

Mark Ashton on 22:45 - May 22 by Bossy

I agree. At the moment the club feels like it comes second to the one and only legendary Sir Kieran McKenna.

We have a whole club to get in order here. Credit to Ashton for keeping his head, the guy deserves a medal.
[Post edited 22 May 22:48]

Regarding McKenna you never know as we obviously won't have the players the top 6 clubs will and less of the ball next season maybe we will get somebody in with more nous in the art of defending. Not a reflection on the last 2 yrs which have been fantastic. But it's going to be a different level.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024