Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Nick Ames article in Guardian 22:18 - May 22 with 3069 viewsbudgiebasher

Very balanced piece which puts the situation nicely in perspective:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/may/22/kieran-mckenna-ipswich-

Poll: Who should be the next manager of ITFC

New Nick Ames article in Guardian on 22:23 - May 22 with 2928 viewsChurchman

An excellent well balanced article. Sums it up nicely.
New Nick Ames article in Guardian on 22:27 - May 22 with 2878 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Frankly if he were to get the Chelsea or Utd job off the back of one very good season..... then the world's gone mad.

I love KM and what hes done for us, but its all a bit bonkers!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

New Nick Ames article in Guardian on 22:28 - May 22 with 2834 viewsNeedhamChris

New Nick Ames article in Guardian on 22:27 - May 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

Frankly if he were to get the Chelsea or Utd job off the back of one very good season..... then the world's gone mad.

Hang on a minute, two very good seasons not one!

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

New Nick Ames article in Guardian on 22:30 - May 22 with 2792 viewsSitfcB

Think we all agreed when it first came out that he couldn’t turn Man Utd down if he was offered it, but yes, still bonkers were he offered it at this point in time.

If he were to go to Chelsea then that’s the biggest bonkers ever. Would go against everything we thought he was, I’d be confident he’d be gone by Halloween.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

New Nick Ames article in Guardian on 22:31 - May 22 with 2769 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

New Nick Ames article in Guardian on 22:28 - May 22 by NeedhamChris

Hang on a minute, two very good seasons not one!

I loved the Leavue One promotion, but he finished behind Schumacher and just ahead of Moore. With by far the most expensive squad in the league.

I love KM for that promotion, but it wasn't remarkable. Not in the context of Utd and Chelsea.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

New Nick Ames article in Guardian on 22:32 - May 22 with 2732 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

New Nick Ames article in Guardian on 22:30 - May 22 by SitfcB

Think we all agreed when it first came out that he couldn’t turn Man Utd down if he was offered it, but yes, still bonkers were he offered it at this point in time.

If he were to go to Chelsea then that’s the biggest bonkers ever. Would go against everything we thought he was, I’d be confident he’d be gone by Halloween.

I don't think he could turn down Utd or Chelsea, it's just a bit bonkers that they are linked at this stage.

New Nick Ames article in Guardian on 22:35 - May 22 with 2671 viewsHighgateBlue

I know we're in a different world nowadays, but was George Burley offered anything when he almost got us into the Champions League?!
New Nick Ames article in Guardian on 22:37 - May 22 with 2627 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

New Nick Ames article in Guardian on 22:35 - May 22 by HighgateBlue

I know we're in a different world nowadays, but was George Burley offered anything when he almost got us into the Champions League?!

I think he probably was, he's hinted at it in the past.

Login to get fewer ads

New Nick Ames article in Guardian on 22:58 - May 22 with 2385 viewsHipsterectomy

Says there is no suggestion he has said he wants to leave the club. Very different to the bbc article which says that he knows it’s over and he needs to move on

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

New Nick Ames article in Guardian on 23:01 - May 22 with 2326 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

New Nick Ames article in Guardian on 22:58 - May 22 by Hipsterectomy

Says there is no suggestion he has said he wants to leave the club. Very different to the bbc article which says that he knows it’s over and he needs to move on

One written by a Norwich fan, one written by an Ipswich fan.

New Nick Ames article in Guardian on 23:13 - May 22 with 2191 viewscharlie1

New Nick Ames article in Guardian on 22:23 - May 22 by Churchman

Nick Mashit-stir-er would do well to read how a proper journalist operates.
New Nick Ames article in Guardian on 23:20 - May 22 with 2121 viewsN2_Blue

New Nick Ames article in Guardian on 23:13 - May 22 by charlie1

its a real reflection of how much the BBC has fallen than its employing people like Mashiter as their sports journalists. Editorial standards have gone down the toilet basically.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

New Nick Ames article in Guardian on 23:40 - May 22 with 1980 viewsHighgateBlue

New Nick Ames article in Guardian on 22:37 - May 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think he probably was, he's hinted at it in the past.

Maybe he regrets it - whisper it, but maybe he and we would have been better off. We'll never know, but he's a legend at Portman Road and there's no doubt about that.

So disappointing to be dwelling on past glories again, but I suppose it's what's comforting....
New Nick Ames article in Guardian on 23:40 - May 22 with 1978 viewsHugoagogo_Reborn

New Nick Ames article in Guardian on 23:13 - May 22 by charlie1

Indeed. An actual respected writer just deposited an excellent article, based on fact, research and understanding.

Why do people lend an ear to all of the fluff journalism? 🙀
New Nick Ames article in Guardian on 08:27 - May 23 with 1205 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

New Nick Ames article in Guardian on 22:31 - May 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

I loved the Leavue One promotion, but he finished behind Schumacher and just ahead of Moore. With by far the most expensive squad in the league.

I love KM for that promotion, but it wasn't remarkable. Not in the context of Utd and Chelsea.

I was more emotional with that season!

It felt Ipswich were back!

Last season was OMG riding a crest of a wave!

We just don’t know how to lose!
New Nick Ames article in Guardian on 08:39 - May 23 with 1116 viewsibbleobble

Nick Ames is a town fan, right? Jacob Steinberg is a West Ham fan. The difference in content of the article couldn’t be starker.
New Nick Ames article in Guardian on 08:42 - May 23 with 1066 viewsArnoldMoorhen

New Nick Ames article in Guardian on 22:23 - May 22 by Churchman

It's essentially says:

"The Guardian's editorial line is that McKenna clearly has a decision to make, because a lot of noise has come from clubs (plural) shouting his name, but there is nothing but silence from McKenna or Ashton, so nobody actually knows what he is going to do, and anybody who says they do is talking Suffolk Punch sheet."
New Nick Ames article in Guardian on 09:57 - May 23 with 800 viewsDarkHorse

New Nick Ames article in Guardian on 23:20 - May 22 by N2_Blue

its a real reflection of how much the BBC has fallen than its employing people like Mashiter as their sports journalists. Editorial standards have gone down the toilet basically.

They have no editorial standards or integrity. Just lazy, poorly-researched, rehashed nonsense across the board.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024