Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McKenna......out? 20:35 - May 23 with 2936 viewsMacedonian_Gerrard

The board has been a hive of activity over the past week or so, McKenna linked to just about every job under the sun (bar PM). Sure, at first it felt like it was agent talk perhaps angling for a new deal or just simply keeping the clients' name in the headlines. But, on and on and on it goes, BBC story about him & Pert wanting to move on, 'McKenna is waiting for Chelsea', his representatives 'speaking to Man U, a hyperactivity of journo's across the country all rushing to get an 'exclusive' on the story.

At what point though do we stop blaming the big bad agent as being the sole purveyor of these stories, as if McKenna has no autonomy over his actions and is merely a pawn or makeweight in the chess game of agent posturing & lauding.

I know it's unreasonable to expect a statement from the club/McKenna decrying all speculation and noise as just that, and to reaffirm a commitment to ITFC. But, is the genie out the bottle? I am beginning to think that he is actively agitating for a move, and to be honest, if being adored at a club by a whole county no less with supremely supportive backers is not enough, then I hope goes. ITFC cannot just be a backup. Its been the most amazing 2 years of following this club, having held a season ticket since the ashes of our last prem campaign, but honestly, I think this past week is leaving a (small) bitter aftertaste.

(P.s preemptively accepting accusations of blubbing or bedwetting COYFB)
McKenna......out? on 20:39 - May 23 with 2442 viewsWeirdFishes

Obviously we don’t know the absolute truth but it certainly feels like he’s said to agent to get him a move. My feeling is if he isn’t 100% in this then he may as well be 0% and I hope he moves on.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

McKenna......out? on 20:39 - May 23 with 2440 viewsTangledupin_Blue

As long as we have a successful manager he will be tracked by bigger clubs. Long may it continue!

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

McKenna......out? on 20:39 - May 23 with 2434 viewsbluejacko

Stand by for incoming😉
McKenna......out? on 20:41 - May 23 with 2351 viewsfooters

Christ.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

McKenna......out? on 20:41 - May 23 with 2364 viewsDarkBrandon

McKenna......out? on 20:39 - May 23 by bluejacko

Stand by for incoming😉

?
McKenna......out? on 20:45 - May 23 with 2279 viewsN2_Blue

its definitley tarnishing things somewhat.

No one can take away what Mckenna has done for the club and will be very grateful but this is all becoming a little unsavoury.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

McKenna......out? on 20:47 - May 23 with 2230 viewsMacedonian_Gerrard

McKenna......out? on 20:41 - May 23 by footers

Christ.

yeah, i mean, i've probably gone senile and given myself brain worms refreshing TWTD and twitter so much these past couple days i'm not going to shy away from that. is this is a blub? probably. is it over the top? likely. And yet still, as self aware as I am, I still inevitably find myself drifting back to the thought process along the lines of "he clearly wants out or else his agent wouldn't be doing this much work & leaking it", so why bother fighting it baby, thank you very much see you later.
McKenna......out? on 20:53 - May 23 with 2130 viewsMrPorterloo

Pretty much agree exactly. This is of McKennas doing at this point, he clearly wants to leave. I'd rather him gone so we can focus on building our squad with the next manager.

I cannot believe it, but McKenna out.
Login to get fewer ads

McKenna......out? on 20:53 - May 23 with 2125 viewsGlasgowBlue

“ In the summer of 1977, Everton missed out on the best boss they never had, a man who would have suited Everton and he knew it. Approached no more than four times, Bobby Robson never became Everton manager despite even accepting the job.

We agreed a 10-year deal. It was the original offer I couldn?t refuse and I didn't, said Robson. However, after Sir John Moores made the deal public despite Robson’s request not to, the then Ipswich Town boss ripped up what he descried as a rather large cheque and thus, he never became Everton manager.”

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

McKenna......out? on 20:55 - May 23 with 2102 viewsMK1

Hope you have never left a job for a better opportunity and more pay.
McKenna......out? on 20:58 - May 23 with 2020 viewsMrPorterloo

McKenna......out? on 20:55 - May 23 by MK1

If we really have offered 100k a week, how much more pay actually are they offering?
Also both man U fans and Chelsea fans actively don't want him. It feels like he's doing almost doing anything to get out of here.
McKenna......out? on 20:59 - May 23 with 1981 viewsFromReuserWithLove

that doesn't mean his previous employers and colleagues didn't think he was c**t. *

*not implying KM is a c**t before the evangelists attack.
[Post edited 23 May 21:00]
McKenna......out? on 21:00 - May 23 with 1968 viewsMacedonian_Gerrard

Never. I always make sure I get a massive pay cut for longer hours and weekly lashings by the boss
McKenna......out? on 21:02 - May 23 with 1894 viewsMK1

McKenna......out? on 20:58 - May 23 by MrPorterloo

If we really have offered 100k a week, how much more pay actually are they offering?
Also both man U fans and Chelsea fans actively don't want him. It feels like he's doing almost doing anything to get out of here.

Ten Hag is on double that plus bonus for cups etc.
If I were the manager of Man Utd and Ipswich wanted me, I would walk to Ipswich to sign that deal.
Why? Because I am an Ipswich Town supporter and it would be my dream.
Who does Kieran support?
McKenna......out? on 21:03 - May 23 with 1868 viewsBudapestByBlimp

McKenna......out? on 21:00 - May 23 by Macedonian_Gerrard

Never. I always make sure I get a massive pay cut for longer hours and weekly lashings by the boss

So you work in the Public Sector too?
McKenna......out? on 21:04 - May 23 with 1850 viewsHerbivore

McKenna......out? on 21:03 - May 23 by BudapestByBlimp

I wish I could give this multiple uppies.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

McKenna......out? on 21:05 - May 23 with 1845 viewsMacedonian_Gerrard

McKenna......out? on 21:03 - May 23 by BudapestByBlimp

i can neither confirm nor deny that
McKenna......out? on 21:05 - May 23 with 1844 viewsMK1

McKenna......out? on 21:00 - May 23 by Macedonian_Gerrard

Then you are a hypocrite.
McKenna......out? on 21:17 - May 23 with 1713 viewsBloomBlue

McKenna......out? on 20:53 - May 23 by GlasgowBlue

“ In the summer of 1977, Everton missed out on the best boss they never had, a man who would have suited Everton and he knew it. Approached no more than four times, Bobby Robson never became Everton manager despite even accepting the job.

We agreed a 10-year deal. It was the original offer I couldn?t refuse and I didn't, said Robson. However, after Sir John Moores made the deal public despite Robson’s request not to, the then Ipswich Town boss ripped up what he descried as a rather large cheque and thus, he never became Everton manager.”

Precisely and it was Robson secretly going behind the club's back to Everton which started.. but we forgave him, and the rest is history thanks to the great man himself.
McKenna......out? on 21:21 - May 23 with 1658 viewsMacedonian_Gerrard

hard agree
McKenna......out? on 21:24 - May 23 with 1614 viewsBluedandy

Suspect most Town fans feel utterly deflated by KM's coldly calculating antics.

As Premier League preparations go it's a proper car crash and KM is driving this whole sorry saga.
McKenna......out? on 22:44 - May 23 with 1396 viewsTangledupin_Blue

McKenna......out? on 21:24 - May 23 by Bluedandy

Suspect most Town fans feel utterly deflated by KM's coldly calculating antics.

As Premier League preparations go it's a proper car crash and KM is driving this whole sorry saga.

This is new. What antics? What has he done?

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

McKenna......out? on 00:26 - May 24 with 1265 viewsOlcol

McKenna......out? on 22:44 - May 23 by Tangledupin_Blue

This is new. What antics? What has he done?

It's nothing but media bulls@#t. Not any real news happening so how do they get the clicks up!
McKenna......out? on 00:36 - May 24 with 1225 viewsBenLaine

It really is shocking that a successful manager might get a better job, and is receiving offers as such. Everyone know you should always stay at the original club where you have success and never leave, even if it less money and less career growth.

If McKenna goes, it should be with nothing but thanks. Is there a single fan who would not have taken this scenario two seasons ago?
McKenna......out? on 05:18 - May 24 with 1001 viewsGavTWTD

Point of order, he was linked to the PM job by one person.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024