Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just wanted to share… 22:11 - May 23 with 1265 viewsLibero

An article the local paper did on my Great Uncle Arthur before our last home game of the season.
It’s an honour supporting him to games, at 88 years old you won’t find many who have seen as many hours of Ipswich Town as he has.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/24298120.88-year-old-town-fan-hopes-premier-league-r
Lovely stuff. (n/t) on 22:13 - May 23 with 1211 viewsBloots

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Just wanted to share… on 22:19 - May 23 with 1154 viewsTheBoyBlue

That's wonderful, what it's all about!

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Just wanted to share… on 22:24 - May 23 with 1112 viewsLibero

Just wanted to share… on 22:19 - May 23 by TheBoyBlue

That's wonderful, what it's all about!

Thanks mate, it would still be special to share with him even if we were still playing McCarthy-ball or wondering how the f**k Paul Lambert has got a contract extension- but to be watching such wonderful, exciting football and to see the stadium so full of life with him week-in-week-out is unbelievable. I have a little weep almost every game.
We both bawled when promotion was confirmed.
Just wanted to share… on 22:27 - May 23 with 1069 viewsChurchman

Thank you for posting. What a terrific story
Just wanted to share… on 22:29 - May 23 with 1059 viewsLibero

Just wanted to share… on 22:27 - May 23 by Churchman

Thank you for posting. What a terrific story

No problem, what with all the absolute waffle flying round at the minute thought sharing something light and fluffy might be a welcome distraction!
Just wanted to share… on 22:40 - May 23 with 996 viewsFreddies_Ears

I know him well. A lovely man & a great fan!!!
Just wanted to share… on 22:45 - May 23 with 964 viewsNewcyBlue

Benjamin is a smashing little lad!

Glad to see you around mate.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Just wanted to share… on 22:47 - May 23 with 949 viewsLibero

Just wanted to share… on 22:40 - May 23 by Freddies_Ears

I know him well. A lovely man & a great fan!!!

Can’t usually walk down Portman Road on a match day without someone stopping to chat with him, so thought it would be inevitable some on here woukd recognise him- especially after his many years doing all the away games and many years ago helping to run supporters coaches!

Very proud to be associated with him, thank you for your kind words.
Login to get fewer ads

Just wanted to share… on 22:50 - May 23 with 928 viewsLibero

Just wanted to share… on 22:45 - May 23 by NewcyBlue

Benjamin is a smashing little lad!

Glad to see you around mate.

Cheers Newcy, he’s my pride and joy. Hope to bring him to a few more games this coming season and his Grandad is moving seats to sit with Arthur and I too!
Just wanted to share… on 23:08 - May 23 with 868 viewsGlasgowBlue

Great article mate.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Just wanted to share… on 09:33 - May 24 with 692 viewsLibero

Just wanted to share… on 23:08 - May 23 by GlasgowBlue

Great article mate.

Many thanks Glassers, wouldn’t be a town supporter had he not loved the club the way he does, love that it’s passed through my Dad (although he maintains he’s a Fulham supporter) to myself and now my boy.
Just wanted to share… on 09:46 - May 24 with 667 viewsbrazil1982

He must have so many memories, especially going back so many years, incredible support.

I only found out from my Father last month that he used to go to away games in the '60s, mainly London. Man of few words who still surprises me.
Just wanted to share… on 09:52 - May 24 with 648 viewsLibero

Just wanted to share… on 09:46 - May 24 by brazil1982

He must have so many memories, especially going back so many years, incredible support.

I only found out from my Father last month that he used to go to away games in the '60s, mainly London. Man of few words who still surprises me.

Every time we sing that ole, ole song all I can think about is how he was there for *all of it* and now he’s here seeing *this* - especially considering the six months in hospital and his miraculous survival.
It’s a total privilege to have such an elderly family member who remembers so much and can share it with you, especially when it’s a joint interest.
Just wanted to share… on 09:53 - May 24 with 647 viewsSitfcB

The first thing I saw after this thread last night was his smiling face on Facebook with his friend Justin! I remember those two on coach 1 from when I started going to away games in 2006. Really glad he’s still getting to games.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Just wanted to share… on 10:01 - May 24 with 617 viewsLibero

Just wanted to share… on 09:53 - May 24 by SitfcB

The first thing I saw after this thread last night was his smiling face on Facebook with his friend Justin! I remember those two on coach 1 from when I started going to away games in 2006. Really glad he’s still getting to games.

Justin’s a great friend to him and a lovely man.
Would love to take Arthur to some away games and have told him to select some fixtures and I’ll sort a plan but as of yet he’s not taken up the offer, think he’s not sure he could do the long days now which is fair enough as he’s shattered by time I get him home from Portman Road.

Club have been incredible with support ever since he went in to hospital, McKenna even wrote to him personally.
Just wanted to share… on 10:14 - May 24 with 590 viewsHciwspi

That’s an awesome read and a refreshing change from all the chuff about our manager.

I hope Arthur enjoys the premier league this coming season and that he gets a few more on top!!
Just wanted to share… on 10:53 - May 24 with 564 viewsLibero

Just wanted to share… on 10:14 - May 24 by Hciwspi

That’s an awesome read and a refreshing change from all the chuff about our manager.

I hope Arthur enjoys the premier league this coming season and that he gets a few more on top!!

Thanks pal, as long as he’s here I’ll keep taking him!
Just wanted to share… on 11:02 - May 24 with 532 viewsBattersea_Blue

What a fantastic article and what a brilliant Great Uncle you have.

While he has a few years on me, I was there to watch us win the old Div 1, but I was just a kid then. He's seen much more, God bless him.

I bet he can't wait to see the Man City's, Liverpool's and Arsenal's come to PR again.

Very best wishes to him and it's tremendous that he has you to look after him. Well done mate, huge credit to you.
Just wanted to share… on 11:58 - May 24 with 470 viewsLibero

Just wanted to share… on 11:02 - May 24 by Battersea_Blue

What a fantastic article and what a brilliant Great Uncle you have.

While he has a few years on me, I was there to watch us win the old Div 1, but I was just a kid then. He's seen much more, God bless him.

I bet he can't wait to see the Man City's, Liverpool's and Arsenal's come to PR again.

Very best wishes to him and it's tremendous that he has you to look after him. Well done mate, huge credit to you.

Very kind mate but I just see it as what you do for the people you love.
He’s been a massive influence and support all my life, I know if the roles were reversed he’d do the same for me- on top of that I just love spending time with him, so it’s no hardship.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024