Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Positives of a new manager 07:14 - May 24 with 2059 viewsstickymockwell

Plucking at straws here but here goes.

A new guy will have no loyalty to the players that got us up so the sentiment dissappears. He will look at the squad with fresh eyes and will be more ruthless. He'll have a good war chest to make improvements. We might even have to sell Davis but if we get 20 million plus for a left back then we can get a decent replacement for half the money. Our system suited Davis but I can easily see somebody else's could render him an average fullback if he doesn't have the freedom of a Mckenna system.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Positives of a new manager on 07:15 - May 24 with 1864 viewstractorboy1978

A new manager having no loyalty and being ruthless is one of the biggest negatives I can think of personally.
Positives of a new manager on 07:17 - May 24 with 1853 viewsHerbivore

Yeah, I think you're reaching, mate. Not sure someone coming in and going full demolition man and selling Davis to boot can be seen as positives.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Positives of a new manager on 07:20 - May 24 with 1818 viewsstickymockwell

Positives of a new manager on 07:15 - May 24 by tractorboy1978

A new manager having no loyalty and being ruthless is one of the biggest negatives I can think of personally.

Why?
I think Southgates biggest downfall as England manager is his loyalty to certain players.

Positives of a new manager on 07:22 - May 24 with 1796 viewsHerbivore

Positives of a new manager on 07:20 - May 24 by stickymockwell

Why?
I think Southgates biggest downfall as England manager is his loyalty to certain players.

International management and club management are very different. Ripping it up and starting again is not what we need.

Positives of a new manager on 07:23 - May 24 with 1777 viewsstickymockwell

Positives of a new manager on 07:17 - May 24 by Herbivore

Yeah, I think you're reaching, mate. Not sure someone coming in and going full demolition man and selling Davis to boot can be seen as positives.

We will need an overhaul. I'm not suggesting a cook style demolition just that the sentiment of playing certain players that might not be good enough goes. As I said plucking at straws but you never know.

Positives of a new manager on 07:23 - May 24 with 1770 viewstextbackup

Positives of a new manager on 07:22 - May 24 by Herbivore

International management and club management are very different. Ripping it up and starting again is not what we need.

I might be wrong, but I’m sure he only mentions Davis going to fund further signings.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Positives of a new manager on 07:24 - May 24 with 1762 viewstractorboy1978

Why?

The way we stay up is through togetherness and the in built spirit in this squad. We need some additions for sure but tearing apart a team that has been successful and causing disharmony is not the answer.
Positives of a new manager on 07:26 - May 24 with 1738 viewsHerbivore

Positives of a new manager on 07:23 - May 24 by textbackup

I might be wrong, but I’m sure he only mentions Davis going to fund further signings.

We'll be getting a £100m windfall, we don't need to sell Davis to fund signings. He also says Davis might be an average fullback for the new manager. I'm not seeing any genuine positives here.

Login to get fewer ads

Positives of a new manager on 07:30 - May 24 with 1705 viewsstickymockwell

Positives of a new manager on 07:24 - May 24 by tractorboy1978

The way we stay up is through togetherness and the in built spirit in this squad. We need some additions for sure but tearing apart a team that has been successful and causing disharmony is not the answer.

As a fan base we look at the task ahead with too much emotion. It's a business for the manager and players. Togetherness helps and gets you so far. I haven't said to rip the team up but more being ruthless with the ones that could cost us eventually. If we're being torn a new one week in week out the bonds will soon begin to crack.

Positives of a new manager on 07:35 - May 24 with 1663 viewsstickymockwell

Positives of a new manager on 07:26 - May 24 by Herbivore

We'll be getting a £100m windfall, we don't need to sell Davis to fund signings. He also says Davis might be an average fullback for the new manager. I'm not seeing any genuine positives here.

Davis has been linked to other clubs. If Mckenna goes I'm sure he'll want to try his arm somewhere else because he has a career to consider. He's a very very good fullback. I'm talking about systems and a huge jump in standards of football next season. We're obsessed with loyalty in football when sometimes it can be a negative also.
I'm just trying to spin some kind of positive in a sh1t situation

Positives of a new manager on 07:45 - May 24 with 1550 viewsHerbivore

Positives of a new manager on 07:35 - May 24 by stickymockwell

Davis has been linked to other clubs. If Mckenna goes I'm sure he'll want to try his arm somewhere else because he has a career to consider. He's a very very good fullback. I'm talking about systems and a huge jump in standards of football next season. We're obsessed with loyalty in football when sometimes it can be a negative also.

I appreciate the effort, mate, I just don't think it's working. The biggest positive will be if McKenna stays.

Positives of a new manager on 07:49 - May 24 with 1503 viewsstickymockwell

Positives of a new manager on 07:45 - May 24 by Herbivore

I appreciate the effort, mate, I just don't think it's working. The biggest positive will be if McKenna stays.

Of course. It's my plenty more fish in the sea scenario when you've had your heart ripped out.

Positives of a new manager on 07:52 - May 24 with 1482 viewsHerbivore

Positives of a new manager on 07:49 - May 24 by stickymockwell

Of course. It's my plenty more fish in the sea scenario when you've had your heart ripped out.

Maybe we'll become Watford and shag around all over the shop to avoid getting our hearts broken again. I can't say this with any confidence, but my gut feeling is that McKenna will still be here next season.

Positives of a new manager on 07:58 - May 24 with 1427 viewsBossy

Why?

His biggest downfall is his style of play and tactics.

Poll: Should there be stickied threads for hot topics (e.g. matchday/McKenna rumours)?

Positives of a new manager on 08:06 - May 24 with 1348 viewsFrimleyBlue

The positive for any new manager is that if they keep us up. They achieve legend status after one season.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Positives of a new manager on 08:13 - May 24 with 1295 viewsFrimleyBlue

Positives of a new manager on 07:23 - May 24 by textbackup

Also. If KM goes to utd who don't have a lot of options at left back, it would be a surprise If the first player he goes for is the left back who's been integral to the two promotions KM has achieved.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Positives of a new manager on 08:17 - May 24 with 1263 viewsElephantintheRoom

I think you are being a tad over optimistic. The players will rightly be devastated when McKenna goes - and a raft of yes men will follow. The coaching staff will be gone - and the cynical decisions to bin the academy and borrow other teams’ players might come home to roost. IF he goes to a basket case like Chelsea - which if you look at it, is almost identical to what was going on at Ipswich immediately after the takeover, he might even want Ashton there as part of the deal to manage the egotistical American chancers - which he’s been very good at.

Given that the current team are overachieving journeymen and the inspirational skipper looks singularly ill equipped to survive in the Prem unless he can modify his ahem ‘competitive’ style then the most likely scenario is a challenge to Sheff U’s recent effort. I’d also suggest that even if McKenna was of a mind to stay (which clearly he never has been) the damage is already done. His greed and opportunism have already burst the bubble.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Positives of a new manager on 08:24 - May 24 with 1224 viewsIndependentlyBlue

Positives of a new manager on 08:17 - May 24 by ElephantintheRoom

I think you are being a tad over optimistic. The players will rightly be devastated when McKenna goes - and a raft of yes men will follow. The coaching staff will be gone - and the cynical decisions to bin the academy and borrow other teams’ players might come home to roost. IF he goes to a basket case like Chelsea - which if you look at it, is almost identical to what was going on at Ipswich immediately after the takeover, he might even want Ashton there as part of the deal to manage the egotistical American chancers - which he’s been very good at.

Given that the current team are overachieving journeymen and the inspirational skipper looks singularly ill equipped to survive in the Prem unless he can modify his ahem ‘competitive’ style then the most likely scenario is a challenge to Sheff U’s recent effort. I’d also suggest that even if McKenna was of a mind to stay (which clearly he never has been) the damage is already done. His greed and opportunism have already burst the bubble.

Oh dear

Better to stay silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt

Positives of a new manager on 08:34 - May 24 with 1171 viewsCrawfordsboot

Let me guess - you’ve disinherited your kids because after living with you for 19 or 20 years they’ve upped and left you - greedy, opportunistic little busteds-always were! They’ve abandoned you. No loyalty!
Positives of a new manager on 09:11 - May 24 with 1059 viewsEuropablue

Positives of a new manager on 07:30 - May 24 by stickymockwell

As a fan base we look at the task ahead with too much emotion. It's a business for the manager and players. Togetherness helps and gets you so far. I haven't said to rip the team up but more being ruthless with the ones that could cost us eventually. If we're being torn a new one week in week out the bonds will soon begin to crack.

People like to fill in the blanks and make up what the wanted you to have said to argue with you.
The squad needs a lot of attention and that would have happened even if we didn't get promoted. In addition to the natural attrition of players who were heading out anyway, we need to move some first team players into the wider squad and some squad players will no doubt leave because we are in the Premier League now.
Positives of a new manager on 09:15 - May 24 with 1025 viewsEuropablue

Positives of a new manager on 07:58 - May 24 by Bossy

His biggest downfall is his style of play and tactics.

I'd also be happy if McKenna left us to manage England to a cup win. Southgate has done a lot of things right. He brought the team spirit back and has proven very good at getting the team through the early rounds and games when England are the favourites, but he lacks courage and is too cautious in key phases of games and ends up finding a way to lose rather than finding a way to win.
Positives of a new manager on 09:26 - May 24 with 956 viewsEuropablue

Ashton to Chelsea, I didn't see that one coming! He might be tempted by that, but I think his working relationship with the board is so good that he will stay considering that the club still has so much more room to grow.
Morsy will have to adapt his game, but he has spent multiple matches on the yellow card tightrope and has not had the longer suspension. Most of his yellow cards are right in front of the referee, and are for tactical reasons. I don't think that materially changes much with VAR.
Positives of a new manager on 09:29 - May 24 with 937 viewsEuropablue

Positives of a new manager on 08:34 - May 24 by Crawfordsboot

Let me guess - you’ve disinherited your kids because after living with you for 19 or 20 years they’ve upped and left you - greedy, opportunistic little busteds-always were! They’ve abandoned you. No loyalty!

Exactly! It's not reasonable for any fan to accept KM leaving the Man Utd. coaching staff (where's the loyalty) knowing that he had aspirations to go back there then deny KM his chance to manage there after getting us back to back promotions.
Positives of a new manager on 09:33 - May 24 with 915 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Positives of a new manager on 07:35 - May 24 by stickymockwell

The effort you are going to on this one suggests you actually want to see huge money spent and a load of players brought in.

What got us up was this squad would die for each other. Rip the squad up, and thats gone immediately.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Positives of a new manager on 09:42 - May 24 with 872 viewspositivity

no, the system works well and gets the best out of the players.

if mckenna goes, i'd like a continuity candidate with similar tactical philosophy and man management skills

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024