Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil Can you please sticky this 22:16 - May 24 with 3533 viewsGlasgowBlue

as a reminder to some of our more emotional posters.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Phil Can you please sticky this on 22:21 - May 24 with 3423 viewsFrimleyBlue

As long you sticky this one too.

McKenna: I Love It Here! 4th May 2024 18:18
Boss Kieran McKenna says his job at Town isn’t done yet and would be keen to re-sign this year’s loanees for the Blues’ Premier League campaign. 24

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Phil Can you please sticky this on 22:27 - May 24 with 3370 viewsIllinoisblue

lol. As if KM is going to make his decision based off comments on here and Twitter. And if he is, he should maybe take a look at what Utd and Chelsea fans are saying about him.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Phil Can you please sticky this on 22:29 - May 24 with 3332 viewsSwansea_Blue

Alongside a poster saying ‘stop being tw*ts’

I imagine Phil’s had a trying week.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Phil Can you please sticky this on 22:33 - May 24 with 3259 viewsPhilTWTD

I'm far too modest!
Phil Can you please sticky this on 22:34 - May 24 with 3269 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil Can you please sticky this on 22:27 - May 24 by Illinoisblue

lol. As if KM is going to make his decision based off comments on here and Twitter. And if he is, he should maybe take a look at what Utd and Chelsea fans are saying about him.

That is an equally valid point, although I still think it's unlikely he'll end up with either of them.
Phil Can you please sticky this on 23:12 - May 24 with 2919 viewsIllinoisblue

Phil Can you please sticky this on 22:34 - May 24 by PhilTWTD

That is an equally valid point, although I still think it's unlikely he'll end up with either of them.

It would be a leap of faith for Utd to appoint someone with no top level - as the main guy - experience. Does seem unlikely. But these are strange times.

Maybe all this stuff and nonsense will blow over, he’ll sign a new and improved deal with us. And we’ll all be a little bruised by it.

Football, eh.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Phil Can you please sticky this on 23:14 - May 24 with 2875 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil Can you please sticky this on 23:12 - May 24 by Illinoisblue

It would be a leap of faith for Utd to appoint someone with no top level - as the main guy - experience. Does seem unlikely. But these are strange times.

Maybe all this stuff and nonsense will blow over, he’ll sign a new and improved deal with us. And we’ll all be a little bruised by it.

Football, eh.

I wouldn't be surprised if the latter happened at all.
Phil Can you please sticky this on 23:31 - May 24 with 2701 viewsmarchy

On an unrelated note, some bloke down the pub said Leif Davis is too good for us and some other clubs have shown interest in him. I haven't heard a single public peep out of Leif Davis denying all this reliable speculation and can't believe he'd just consciously bvgger up our pre-season like this, so I hate him now and with hindsight all his assists last season were actually rubbish.
Login to get fewer ads

Phil Can you please sticky this on 07:21 - May 25 with 2150 viewsMK1

Phil Can you please sticky this on 23:31 - May 24 by marchy

On an unrelated note, some bloke down the pub said Leif Davis is too good for us and some other clubs have shown interest in him. I haven't heard a single public peep out of Leif Davis denying all this reliable speculation and can't believe he'd just consciously bvgger up our pre-season like this, so I hate him now and with hindsight all his assists last season were actually rubbish.

Who ever told you that you're funny, was lying.
Phil Can you please sticky this on 09:46 - May 25 with 1868 viewsmarchy

Phil Can you please sticky this on 07:21 - May 25 by MK1

Who ever told you that you're funny, was lying.

You're, not much of a, riot yourself mate.,
Phil Can you please sticky this on 09:51 - May 25 with 1850 viewsblueasfook

Football, eh.

Well they did go for Solksjaer who had only managed in the Norwegian league. But that was a failed experiment and it was clear he was way out of his depth.
[Post edited 25 May 9:52]

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Phil Can you please sticky this on 10:15 - May 25 with 1746 viewsBloomBlue

Phil Can you please sticky this on 09:51 - May 25 by blueasfook

Well they did go for Solksjaer who had only managed in the Norwegian league. But that was a failed experiment and it was clear he was way out of his depth.

Solksjaer was more of an appeasing the fans, same as Lampard (first time) at Chelsea - always the danger when owners listen to fans. It's the bring back a legend approach, even if he doesn't have the experience.
Phil Can you please sticky this on 10:28 - May 25 with 1688 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Phil Can you please sticky this on 09:51 - May 25 by blueasfook

You’re forgetting his stint at Cardiff. Something Ole and the Cardiff fans would also like to do.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Phil Can you please sticky this on 10:54 - May 25 with 1616 viewsGlasgowBlue

Phil Can you please sticky this on 23:31 - May 24 by marchy

On the flip side I haven’t heard about Lief’s agents aggressively whoring him around every Premier league club that is looking for a left back.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Phil Can you please sticky this on 11:14 - May 25 with 1554 viewsblueasfook

Phil Can you please sticky this on 10:28 - May 25 by WestStanderLaLaLa

You’re forgetting his stint at Cardiff. Something Ole and the Cardiff fans would also like to do.

Don't even remember him being at Cardiff lol. I must have missed that!

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Phil Can you please sticky this on 11:23 - May 25 with 1502 viewsbazza

As much as it will be completely devastating if he left, I watched the town in the premier league again that MK1 posted, and if your McKenna stood there looking at what was a complete shambles when he came In, to turn it into that team and mould Them together , and turn every one of them in to winners, with a never say die attitude, who would fight tooth and nail for the points, and to bring a club in despair back together in the way he has, you’d have to forgive him for Looking at what offers are on the table. imagine what he could do at a big club with the right backing. I just pray no one is willing to take a punt on him.
[Post edited 25 May 11:28]
Phil Can you please sticky this on 12:09 - May 25 with 1410 viewsmarchy

Phil Can you please sticky this on 10:54 - May 25 by GlasgowBlue

On the flip side I haven’t heard about Lief’s agents aggressively whoring him around every Premier league club that is looking for a left back.

Well yes, that's entirely the point though. McK isn't obliged to comment on frenzied speculation he may have played very little, if any, personal part in creating, just to appease a baying mob.
Phil Can you please sticky this on 12:29 - May 25 with 1347 viewspointofblue

Phil Can you please sticky this on 10:54 - May 25 by GlasgowBlue

With Shaw’s injury situation, Davis to Manchester United if McKenna goes there isn’t out of the question.

I wonder if we’d try and add a ‘no return’ policy for the first window/year to any deal should McKenna leave?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Phil Can you please sticky this on 13:37 - May 25 with 1214 views_clive_baker_

Football, eh.

Where I’m at with it is if he goes to United then I would say good on him. It would be an opportunity that might not present itself again, for the club he supports and one of the biggest in the world. Gutting for us, but if they’re serious about him I wouldn’t resent him that.

I can’t see Chelsea going for him personally. And I think we can fend off Brighton with a new deal. He doesn’t need a stepping stone now, we can be the club that takes him to a top job.

All I’m asking is it’s resolved fairly promptly, and I imagine by next weekend we’ll know one way or another.
Phil Can you please sticky this on 14:00 - May 25 with 1139 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Phil Can you please sticky this on 11:23 - May 25 by bazza

As much as it will be completely devastating if he left, I watched the town in the premier league again that MK1 posted, and if your McKenna stood there looking at what was a complete shambles when he came In, to turn it into that team and mould Them together , and turn every one of them in to winners, with a never say die attitude, who would fight tooth and nail for the points, and to bring a club in despair back together in the way he has, you’d have to forgive him for Looking at what offers are on the table. imagine what he could do at a big club with the right backing. I just pray no one is willing to take a punt on him.
[Post edited 25 May 11:28]

"with the right backing".

He knows he has that here. Those clubs mentioned in connection with him so far are very unlikely to offer that backing. McKenna already knows the attitude of many of those Man Utd "superstars" with the added public criticism of the likes of Neville and Keane. Does he believe he could win them all over quicker than the patience of the owners?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Phil Can you please sticky this on 14:09 - May 25 with 1113 viewsbazza

Phil Can you please sticky this on 14:00 - May 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

He knows he has that here. Those clubs mentioned in connection with him so far are very unlikely to offer that backing. McKenna already knows the attitude of many of those Man Utd "superstars" with the added public criticism of the likes of Neville and Keane. Does he believe he could win them all over quicker than the patience of the owners?

I know he has the right backing here, I mean if Utd were to say, he can ship Out the players he doesn’t want or doesn’t feel he will be able to manage, and bring in players he feels will have the right mentality to handle the pressure at united. Most of the players are still
There from when he was coaching there, he will undoubtedly be well
Informed from his ex colleagues at the club as to who is or isn’t toeing the line.
[Post edited 25 May 14:14]
Phil Can you please sticky this on 14:13 - May 25 with 1100 viewsbazza

Phil Can you please sticky this on 14:00 - May 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

I mean, If united gave him free reign, to ship out the players who need to be moved on, and bring in the players he believes will help turn the things around , I know he has the backing at town, but ultimately if Man U put an offer on the table, i believe that would be the club to turn his head. He’s a fan, and a manager brimming with confidence.
Phil Can you please sticky this on 14:24 - May 25 with 1047 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Phil Can you please sticky this on 14:13 - May 25 by bazza

I mean, If united gave him free reign, to ship out the players who need to be moved on, and bring in the players he believes will help turn the things around , I know he has the backing at town, but ultimately if Man U put an offer on the table, i believe that would be the club to turn his head. He’s a fan, and a manager brimming with confidence.

It's your last sentence that means I could see him go there.

The rest is not so simple. McKenna will have a good idea of the scale of the problems but no club is going to allow him to throw away many tens even hundreds of millions pounds of talent at a big loss and then give him time to build it all from scratch.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Phil Can you please sticky this on 14:47 - May 25 with 1002 viewsbazza

Phil Can you please sticky this on 14:24 - May 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

It's your last sentence that means I could see him go there.

The rest is not so simple. McKenna will have a good idea of the scale of the problems but no club is going to allow him to throw away many tens even hundreds of millions pounds of talent at a big loss and then give him time to build it all from scratch.

I hope not.. for Me, it’s the only place I can genuinely see him going too, if they went for him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024