Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Daily Mail 07:43 - May 25 with 2977 viewsgtsb1966

Giving Labour a platform today on the front page and not in a negative way which is highly unusual. After Sunaks disastrous start to the campaign and all those MP's quitting have they finally given up?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cz9942yv9d0o
Daily Mail on 07:53 - May 25 with 2174 viewsPassionNotAnger

I noticed this (although perhaps telling that the section above is given to Boris to dig at Starmer)

The Express also goes with headline about Gove ditching Rishi.

Clearly no paper wants to be backing someone that’s going to lose heavily as it somewhat demeans their perceived (by at least their own readers) influence.

I think it’s pretty telling that 3 days in there is no massive attack on Labour from the Tory press, either that’s coming over next few weeks or they realise the writing’s on the wall and they don’t want to do a massive U-turn later. I suspect they hoped the idiot Farage was going to grandstand for Reform so they could push that angle to get behind.

Fascinating watch really, even the Tory bots are quiet on social media, calm before the storm, rats already deserted the ship or just apathy?
Daily Mail on 07:53 - May 25 with 2175 viewswkj

Yup, nothing negative at all

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Daily Mail on 07:56 - May 25 with 2150 viewsgtsb1966

Daily Mail on 07:53 - May 25 by wkj

I'm talking about the main headline which is unusual especially as Reeves article is for that paper.
Daily Mail on 07:59 - May 25 with 2144 viewsPassionNotAnger

Daily Mail on 07:53 - May 25 by wkj

Noted that’s there but the OPs point still stands in that they have given the shadow chancellor a front page platform to make her case, seemingly without editorial negative framing on the actual article.

The fact that they’ve given their poster boy equal standing on the the front page suggests somewhat hedging their bets and/or satisfying the brainwashed during this transitional phase
Daily Mail on 08:16 - May 25 with 2064 viewscressi

The sun did the same when Blair got in they are weasels no they are going to get hammered so jump ships sounds like something else that has been going on close to home.
Daily Mail on 08:19 - May 25 with 2041 viewswkj

Daily Mail on 07:56 - May 25 by gtsb1966

I'm talking about the main headline which is unusual especially as Reeves article is for that paper.

The front page is hedging their bets, that boris snippet below the logo and bigger than the headline is no accident.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Daily Mail on 08:36 - May 25 with 1976 viewsMookamoo

Daily Mail on 07:53 - May 25 by PassionNotAnger

I noticed this (although perhaps telling that the section above is given to Boris to dig at Starmer)

The Express also goes with headline about Gove ditching Rishi.

Clearly no paper wants to be backing someone that’s going to lose heavily as it somewhat demeans their perceived (by at least their own readers) influence.

I think it’s pretty telling that 3 days in there is no massive attack on Labour from the Tory press, either that’s coming over next few weeks or they realise the writing’s on the wall and they don’t want to do a massive U-turn later. I suspect they hoped the idiot Farage was going to grandstand for Reform so they could push that angle to get behind.

Fascinating watch really, even the Tory bots are quiet on social media, calm before the storm, rats already deserted the ship or just apathy?

Suspect the Tory press will start demanding Mordant take over.

Would not be surprised at all if Sunak quit his own sinking ship next week.
Daily Mail on 08:42 - May 25 with 1947 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Either way we get a conservative government so it's a win/win for them and us all.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Login to get fewer ads

Daily Mail on 08:47 - May 25 with 1937 viewsPassionNotAnger

Daily Mail on 08:36 - May 25 by Mookamoo

Don’t doubt that the Tory press would prefer Mourdant but can’t see her (or anyone else for that matter) wanting to take over now, whilst they may well perform electorally better that Sunak it probably won’t be enough to close the gap. Being the leader in opposition whilst rebuilding would surely be more appealing to her?
Daily Mail on 08:55 - May 25 with 1891 viewsMookamoo

Daily Mail on 08:47 - May 25 by PassionNotAnger

Don’t doubt that the Tory press would prefer Mourdant but can’t see her (or anyone else for that matter) wanting to take over now, whilst they may well perform electorally better that Sunak it probably won’t be enough to close the gap. Being the leader in opposition whilst rebuilding would surely be more appealing to her?

Don't think Mourdant, or whoever will be the Chosen One of the tory press will have a say in it. Sunak walking away will force them to take over.

Its an ideal opportunity for the Mail to make a power play and claim they own whoever comes next.
Daily Mail on 09:01 - May 25 with 1870 viewsPassionNotAnger

Daily Mail on 08:42 - May 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

Either way we get a conservative government so it's a win/win for them and us all.

If the options are rubbish or marginally better (or even “slightly less-rubbish”) in any choice then surely it’s better to take a small step forward than stand still? (Or bury your head in the sand)

Even doing the same things in a more compassionate, fair or just honest way would be better for this country.

That’s not to say we shouldn’t be able to hope for a better or bigger choice but unless that becomes a reality then surely better to focus on what is the best outcome we can get from the choices available.

For those so uninspired by the current choices I’d be interested to know what they are doing about it? Perhaps joining a party more aligned to their views to promote progressive change? Writing to parties to highlight policy limitations , social media campaigning etc or, and suspect the majority are in this category (myself included if I’m being entirely honest) just being apathetic and doing nothing which means we are as much part of the problem if we are just waiting for a party to suddenly “become” what we hope it will be
Daily Mail on 09:03 - May 25 with 1850 viewsEastTownBlue

That would be quite amusing given the efforts the Mail the made to derail her leadership bid two years ago.
Daily Mail on 09:03 - May 25 with 1848 viewsMJallday

That would be bloody hillarious

I mean not for them obviously. But for the rest of us

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Daily Mail on 09:07 - May 25 with 1812 viewsbackwaywhen

Daily Mail on 09:01 - May 25 by PassionNotAnger

If the options are rubbish or marginally better (or even “slightly less-rubbish”) in any choice then surely it’s better to take a small step forward than stand still? (Or bury your head in the sand)

Even doing the same things in a more compassionate, fair or just honest way would be better for this country.

That’s not to say we shouldn’t be able to hope for a better or bigger choice but unless that becomes a reality then surely better to focus on what is the best outcome we can get from the choices available.

For those so uninspired by the current choices I’d be interested to know what they are doing about it? Perhaps joining a party more aligned to their views to promote progressive change? Writing to parties to highlight policy limitations , social media campaigning etc or, and suspect the majority are in this category (myself included if I’m being entirely honest) just being apathetic and doing nothing which means we are as much part of the problem if we are just waiting for a party to suddenly “become” what we hope it will be

With ref toYour last paragraph….
Labour will never become what you hope it will be ……Starmer the U turner he is full of s#ite.
Daily Mail on 09:21 - May 25 with 1755 viewsPassionNotAnger

Daily Mail on 09:07 - May 25 by backwaywhen

With ref toYour last paragraph….
Labour will never become what you hope it will be ……Starmer the U turner he is full of s#ite.

With respect, and I genuinely don’t mean this in an antagonistic way, but you’ve assumed you know what I hope for and this is part of the problem. Too many assumption that people are “Right” or “Left”, “Red” or “Blue” because we’ve been conditioned, especially over the last decade largely because of the prominence of social media, that we have to pick a “side” in a blunt and binary way.

Appreciate I’m also guilty of that as this election for me is simply ABC (anyone but Conservatives) because I’m so angered over what they’ve done and how they’ve done it but that doesn’t mean I’m wearing a red rosette (or green, or yellow etc) with pride, far from it.

My political views are pretty mixed, and I think the silent majority who were asked, in isolation without political branding, would also give a range of answers to different topics that would place them in a nomadic position where no single party perfectly represents their views

But, returning to your point, of the current choices I genuinely think that Starmer, and the current Labour Party, is a better option than the current Tory party, by some distance too.
Daily Mail on 09:58 - May 25 with 1659 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Daily Mail on 07:59 - May 25 by PassionNotAnger

Noted that’s there but the OPs point still stands in that they have given the shadow chancellor a front page platform to make her case, seemingly without editorial negative framing on the actual article.

The fact that they’ve given their poster boy equal standing on the the front page suggests somewhat hedging their bets and/or satisfying the brainwashed during this transitional phase

If you read between the Boris and Reeves headline you will see that they are branding themselves as the "battleground" newspaper, ie the editorial decision is to platform both sides.

That is a huge move from the Mail.

Johnson is a vastly expensive political columnist, and they choose the most ridiculous quote possible and undermines it by straight-quoting Reeves.

In other news, Michael Gove jumped from Sunak's Titanic yesterday, but the Daily Mail didn't ask their other leading political columnist, Sarah Vine, his ex-wife, to give the inside track on that one for their front page.

The other angle is that that front page features Johnson in a photo, Reeves directly quoted as a headline, and Starmer's name in big print (albeit in a negative, but laughable, quote) but half a week into a General Election campaign and the Tory Prime Minister isn't relevant enough to find a place on the front page of the Mail. And front pages are curated to ensure sales. The Mail has concluded that Sunak is a turn off.
Daily Mail on 10:01 - May 25 with 1648 viewsPassionNotAnger

Daily Mail on 09:58 - May 25 by ArnoldMoorhen

If you read between the Boris and Reeves headline you will see that they are branding themselves as the "battleground" newspaper, ie the editorial decision is to platform both sides.

Johnson is a vastly expensive political columnist, and they choose the most ridiculous quote possible and undermines it by straight-quoting Reeves.

In other news, Michael Gove jumped from Sunak's Titanic yesterday, but the Daily Mail didn't ask their other leading political columnist, Sarah Vine, his ex-wife, to give the inside track on that one for their front page.

The other angle is that that front page features Johnson in a photo, Reeves directly quoted as a headline, and Starmer's name in big print (albeit in a negative, but laughable, quote) but half a week into a General Election campaign and the Tory Prime Minister isn't relevant enough to find a place on the front page of the Mail. And front pages are curated to ensure sales. The Mail has concluded that Sunak is a turn off.

That’s a very good analysis, hadn’t pieced it together quite as logically as that in my mind.
Daily Mail on 10:34 - May 25 with 1562 viewsTheSweeny

Labour are only a rainbow lanyard away from the tories. It's more of the same. God help us all.
Daily Mail on 10:40 - May 25 with 1530 viewsPlums

Daily Mail on 10:34 - May 25 by TheSweeny

Labour are only a rainbow lanyard away from the tories. It's more of the same. God help us all.

Corruption, division, racism and deliberately embedded poverty?
Really?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Daily Mail on 10:44 - May 25 with 1508 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Daily Mail on 08:55 - May 25 by Mookamoo

Don't think Mourdant, or whoever will be the Chosen One of the tory press will have a say in it. Sunak walking away will force them to take over.

Its an ideal opportunity for the Mail to make a power play and claim they own whoever comes next.

You heard it here first:

Given that no senior Tory MP will want to put their name to the defeat, and most who are staying will be prioritising getting the vote out in their own constituencies, the obvious caretaker leader/PM is Lord Cameron, who is a polished performer, has the necessary experience, and, crucially, doesn't have to defend a seat at the Election, so can travel the country campaigning.

This is the only rational solution. The alternative is one of the renta-gob ERG boys with a thumping majority grabbing the gong for their ego.
Daily Mail on 10:51 - May 25 with 1467 viewsGlasgowBlue

Daily Mail on 09:58 - May 25 by ArnoldMoorhen

Indeed. Pretty obvious agenda setting.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Daily Mail on 10:59 - May 25 with 1436 viewsLibero

Whenever I see people claiming they’re “the same” I can only assume they’re in a very fortunate position in life where they’re not effected by the hostile environment created for disabled people and benefit claimants, maybe they don’t have any trans friends or family, have never met or mixed with refugees or don’t live close to a waterway being pumped full of sewage.
Maybe the gross mismanagement of the pandemic didn’t leave them or loved ones chronically sick and/or disabled, maybe their child hasn’t been on a waiting list to see a paediatrician for 3 years or isn’t relying on essential services that are crumbling.
I guess it’s possible that they themselves either haven’t used essential services and/or knows no-one who works in them and/or can’t equate simple things they see everyday like the state of the roads with the gross mismanagement of the country.

In my opinion It’s so potentially damaging and misleading to align the current pseudo-fascist government with the more right wing than we’d really like Labour Party.
I’m no fan of KS and my vote will be going to whoever in my area has the best chance of beating the Conservatives, but the idea that KS and co hold the same values as the long list of crooks and blaggers we’ve had through the Conservative parties attempts at governance over the last 14/15 years is absurd.
Daily Mail on 11:15 - May 25 with 1392 viewsPassionNotAnger

They aren’t all the same at all, there may well be (a lot) similarities in policies but this line is predominantly used by Tory supporters to justify their vote for continuation of the status quo.

If people genuinely like the Tory policies and the way the behave, own it, say they prefer it to Labour or Greens or whoever but it’s very rare to see anyone do it. Curious !?
Daily Mail on 11:17 - May 25 with 1382 viewspointofblue

Daily Mail on 10:44 - May 25 by ArnoldMoorhen

You heard it here first:

Given that no senior Tory MP will want to put their name to the defeat, and most who are staying will be prioritising getting the vote out in their own constituencies, the obvious caretaker leader/PM is Lord Cameron, who is a polished performer, has the necessary experience, and, crucially, doesn't have to defend a seat at the Election, so can travel the country campaigning.

This is the only rational solution. The alternative is one of the renta-gob ERG boys with a thumping majority grabbing the gong for their ego.

Why would Cameron want to put his name to this? For one, it's a very different Conservative party to the one he lead.

I can't see beyond Braverman taking over. And in 2029, or whenever the following election is, they'll get a similar lesson to 2005.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Daily Mail on 12:09 - May 25 with 1258 viewsGlasgowBlue

Daily Mail on 11:17 - May 25 by pointofblue

Why would Cameron want to put his name to this? For one, it's a very different Conservative party to the one he lead.

I can't see beyond Braverman taking over. And in 2029, or whenever the following election is, they'll get a similar lesson to 2005.

Buy shares in Pritti Patel.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024