Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground 15:32 - May 14 with 6787 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

But I have to say, no.3 wins it hands down for me. Superb.

https://www.itfc.co.uk/mural-c

Trust the process. Trust Phil.
Blog: Between The Lines 2, The Irreverent PREM Poetry Of ITFC - Match 5 - “The Fat Of The Land”

10
I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 15:35 - May 14 with 3703 viewsDennyx4

I like number two, also didn’t realise there was a competition.
2
I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 15:37 - May 14 with 3656 viewsjasondozzell

Number 3 is great!

I like them all but 3 is fantastic.
5
I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 15:39 - May 14 with 3638 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Only if Ashton is on it in a historical way!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: What you watching.

1
I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 15:45 - May 14 with 3576 viewsButchersBrokenNose

I quite liked no. 3, until I saw Ashton was in it. I don't know why I was surprised.
4
I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 15:46 - May 14 with 3560 viewsDJR

Who are the two men that appear in no.3 when you first open the ITFC page?

EDIT: is it Bobby Robson and David Rose?
[Post edited 14 May 15:49]
0
I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 15:47 - May 14 with 3540 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 15:45 - May 14 by ButchersBrokenNose

I quite liked no. 3, until I saw Ashton was in it. I don't know why I was surprised.


He's on 2 doing a Humpty Dumpty impression too!
Number 1 it is then.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: What you watching.

2
I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 15:48 - May 14 with 3527 viewsSitfcB

I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 15:46 - May 14 by DJR

Who are the two men that appear in no.3 when you first open the ITFC page?

EDIT: is it Bobby Robson and David Rose?
[Post edited 14 May 15:49]


I thought that, Cobbolds?

COYB
Poll: Should we block polls for one day?
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

0
I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 15:49 - May 14 with 3501 viewsSitfcB

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/20

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/art

COYB
Poll: Should we block polls for one day?
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

0
Login to get fewer ads

I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 15:50 - May 14 with 3481 viewsWright1

No. 3 should win this hands down
5
I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 15:51 - May 14 with 3464 viewsDJR

I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 15:48 - May 14 by SitfcB

I thought that, Cobbolds?


It doesn't look like the Cobbolds to me.

I edited my post to wonder if it's Bobby Robson and David Rose.

It's presumably based on a photo, as I think that the other images.
[Post edited 14 May 15:52]
0
I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 15:55 - May 14 with 3407 viewsSitfcB

I like 3 but 2 will probably win as people will like the colour aspect.

COYB
Poll: Should we block polls for one day?
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

0
I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 15:59 - May 14 with 3360 viewsHerbivore

Scrub Ashton out of three and I like it. As things stand I'd vote for option 1.

Poll: Latest TWTD opinion poll - who are you voting for?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

0
I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 16:03 - May 14 with 3327 viewsSitfcB

I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 15:59 - May 14 by Herbivore

Scrub Ashton out of three and I like it. As things stand I'd vote for option 1.


Influential part of our recent history, deserves to be on there.

COYB
Poll: Should we block polls for one day?
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

2
I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 16:15 - May 14 with 3252 viewsdirtyboy

I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 15:59 - May 14 by Herbivore

Scrub Ashton out of three and I like it. As things stand I'd vote for option 1.


I don't actually think it's Ashton, but I love 3, once i'd taken a look at the whole art.

No2 reminds me a bit of those mugs with players with funny faces lol
1
I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 16:19 - May 14 with 3197 viewsjaykay

why is bill mcgary missing from the line up of successful managers in pic 2 ?

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

2
I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 16:22 - May 14 with 3162 viewstrncbluearmy

No 3 is brillant there's a lot of real fans on there going back several years
1
I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 16:25 - May 14 with 3140 viewsIllinoisblue

I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 15:59 - May 14 by Herbivore

Scrub Ashton out of three and I like it. As things stand I'd vote for option 1.


Did the artist for #1 know the mural was football-related?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

2
I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 16:26 - May 14 with 3130 viewsurbanpenguin

I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 15:49 - May 14 by SitfcB

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/20

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/art


It is a bit confusing to call it a "prize". It technically is an artist's fee, and a commission, so that it properly reflects the work, skill and materials needed in the development of the project, and also so that it is properly taxed by the artist as part of their income. I have run approximately 50+ art open calls over the last few years.
[Post edited 14 May 16:32]

Poll: You HAVe to select one of the below to be new manager
Blog: Some People Are On the Pitch...

0
I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 16:27 - May 14 with 3116 viewsSitfcB

I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 16:15 - May 14 by dirtyboy

I don't actually think it's Ashton, but I love 3, once i'd taken a look at the whole art.

No2 reminds me a bit of those mugs with players with funny faces lol


Ashton is on the left.



Number 2 has been done by Glory Days Artwork by the looks of it.
[Post edited 14 May 16:28]

COYB
Poll: Should we block polls for one day?
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

2
I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 16:28 - May 14 with 3122 viewsurbanpenguin

I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 16:25 - May 14 by Illinoisblue

Did the artist for #1 know the mural was football-related?


The brief was: "A bold, creative design that celebrates the spirit of Ipswich and/or Ipswich Town FC."

Poll: You HAVe to select one of the below to be new manager
Blog: Some People Are On the Pitch...

1
I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 16:32 - May 14 with 3033 viewsIllinoisblue

I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 16:28 - May 14 by urbanpenguin

The brief was: "A bold, creative design that celebrates the spirit of Ipswich and/or Ipswich Town FC."


Aha, so that’s why the Giles statue and Orwell Bridge are there. Be nice if the club reintroduce the art covers/posters idea, if not on the programme covers but around the ground and town.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

0
I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 16:38 - May 14 with 2993 viewsMiaow

I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 15:46 - May 14 by DJR

Who are the two men that appear in no.3 when you first open the ITFC page?

EDIT: is it Bobby Robson and David Rose?
[Post edited 14 May 15:49]


Ray Crawford & Ted Phillips:


⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Where will we finish in 2025–26?

7
I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 16:51 - May 14 with 2927 viewsPerublue

Are the hoardings and the designs planned to be as permanent as these things can be planned permanently ?

Poll: Should Burns or Chaplin now replace the Shefki/Pablo TWTD question of yore ?

0
I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 16:55 - May 14 with 2890 viewsSitfcB

I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 16:32 - May 14 by Illinoisblue

Aha, so that’s why the Giles statue and Orwell Bridge are there. Be nice if the club reintroduce the art covers/posters idea, if not on the programme covers but around the ground and town.


I think the first programme cover should be a Kieran McKenna portrait from Louise Cobbold, he didn’t get on this season.

COYB
Poll: Should we block polls for one day?
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

0
I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 16:56 - May 14 with 2871 viewsSitfcB

I never knew there was a competition to design a mural outside the ground on 16:51 - May 14 by Perublue

Are the hoardings and the designs planned to be as permanent as these things can be planned permanently ?


The hoardings are already up, I believe these will be printed on some strong plastic/PVC stuff and installed onto them.

COYB
Poll: Should we block polls for one day?
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

2
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026