Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter 18:44 - Oct 2 with 5499 viewsWolfshead

Fair play to Jenrick. We need more people willing to act.

https://www.dailymail.com/news

Poll: Delap, Flemming, Abraham ? - Which WOULD you have chosen

-6
Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 21:26 - Oct 3 with 691 viewsredrickstuhaart

Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 21:12 - Oct 3 by Blueschev

What about if you just fake your vigilantism in order to appear tough on crime to gullible simpletons? That doesn’t hurt anyone, does it?


I think it is probably harmful to society, but not directly.

Poll: Will the US Mid terms get cancelled or "postponed"?

0
Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 07:59 - Oct 4 with 549 viewsWolfshead

Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 14:53 - Oct 3 by Cheltenham_Blue

Were you or your mate waring balaclava's at the time?

These balaclava wearing chaps in Dover by Wolfshead 5 Sep 14:08
Fair play to em, the solutions just aren't working, they're too weak. People need to rise up and be heard on this topic.



Fancy meeting up and having a face to face debate on this?

Poll: Delap, Flemming, Abraham ? - Which WOULD you have chosen

-2
Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 08:05 - Oct 4 with 538 viewsWolfshead

I think I’m nearly done on this thread… it would appear that more people than one (myself at least) would think, are siloed in mindset and can’t separate the man from the actions.

It is possible for bad people (or people you perceive to be bad) to do good things and the converse is true, it is possible for good people to do bad things. We must find it in us to respect acts even though we may not like the person.

Poll: Delap, Flemming, Abraham ? - Which WOULD you have chosen

-4
Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 08:15 - Oct 4 with 518 viewsredrickstuhaart

Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 07:59 - Oct 4 by Wolfshead

Fancy meeting up and having a face to face debate on this?


Classic response to being called out. A veiled threat.

Why would meeting up address the points raised any better?

Poll: Will the US Mid terms get cancelled or "postponed"?

2
Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 08:28 - Oct 4 with 493 viewsBlueBoots

Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 19:06 - Oct 2 by EdwardStone

Performative nonsense

He is just a Posh Tory Boy who fancies himself as a Vigilante

Never forget that, as a Cabinet Minister, he helped his porn baron mate evade £40 million section 106 money


Second reply to the OP, and could have just ended it there
[Post edited 4 Oct 8:29]

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

1
Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 08:35 - Oct 4 with 467 viewsWolfshead

Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 08:15 - Oct 4 by redrickstuhaart

Classic response to being called out. A veiled threat.

Why would meeting up address the points raised any better?


“Being called out”!? Called out for what! Haha. Done nothing wrong. Just shared my opinion.
You see what you want to see.

Poll: Delap, Flemming, Abraham ? - Which WOULD you have chosen

-1
Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 08:36 - Oct 4 with 465 viewsWolfshead

Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 08:28 - Oct 4 by BlueBoots

Second reply to the OP, and could have just ended it there
[Post edited 4 Oct 8:29]


Haha yeh you’re probably right!
But then people had to start getting personal

Poll: Delap, Flemming, Abraham ? - Which WOULD you have chosen

0
Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 08:36 - Oct 4 with 465 viewsredrickstuhaart

Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 08:28 - Oct 4 by BlueBoots

Second reply to the OP, and could have just ended it there
[Post edited 4 Oct 8:29]


Indeed. Though I do like to add reference to his trip to "Handsworth" to show us all the non-white faces. It being actually a trip to Whitton, which really hasn't changed in that regard in the last 35 years or more.

Poll: Will the US Mid terms get cancelled or "postponed"?

1
Login to get fewer ads

Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 08:47 - Oct 4 with 443 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 08:05 - Oct 4 by Wolfshead

I think I’m nearly done on this thread… it would appear that more people than one (myself at least) would think, are siloed in mindset and can’t separate the man from the actions.

It is possible for bad people (or people you perceive to be bad) to do good things and the converse is true, it is possible for good people to do bad things. We must find it in us to respect acts even though we may not like the person.


The problem is, you've just looked at one film at face value and not devled any deeper than that. Context is important. Questioning stuff is important, including motives. This person's policies have fostered a culture of shoplifting, so even if he really has stopped one... it's a bit like a surgeon accidentally amputating your legs but then at least he's offered to buy your slippers.

Do a bit of critical thinking rather than just accepting things at face value. You might find he did do a great thing. Or you might find there's more to it. I'd personally rather know the truth.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.
Blog: Between The Lines 2, The Irreverent PREM Poetry Of ITFC - Match 5 - “The Fat Of The Land”

1
Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 08:59 - Oct 4 with 425 viewsWolfshead

Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 08:47 - Oct 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

The problem is, you've just looked at one film at face value and not devled any deeper than that. Context is important. Questioning stuff is important, including motives. This person's policies have fostered a culture of shoplifting, so even if he really has stopped one... it's a bit like a surgeon accidentally amputating your legs but then at least he's offered to buy your slippers.

Do a bit of critical thinking rather than just accepting things at face value. You might find he did do a great thing. Or you might find there's more to it. I'd personally rather know the truth.


Great post 👍

I would say that sometimes “face value” is all that’s needed depending on what you are trying to convey.

I was admiring the action. It could have been David Beckham or Putin… it was a good action and what the country needs more of.

I’ve realised this is the crux of the disagreement…

-I admire him for what he has just done and whilst I know about the man and his beliefs… this post is admiring him for what he has just done, not for anything else. The fight against shoplifting.

-Others can’t see beyond the man and admire this one action.

Simple as that really!

Poll: Delap, Flemming, Abraham ? - Which WOULD you have chosen

-1
Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 09:21 - Oct 4 with 390 viewsredrickstuhaart

Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 08:35 - Oct 4 by Wolfshead

“Being called out”!? Called out for what! Haha. Done nothing wrong. Just shared my opinion.
You see what you want to see.


At least be honest.

We all know what "do you want to meet face to face" is about.

Poll: Will the US Mid terms get cancelled or "postponed"?

1
Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 09:31 - Oct 4 with 367 viewsWolfshead

Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 09:21 - Oct 4 by redrickstuhaart

At least be honest.

We all know what "do you want to meet face to face" is about.


It’s possible for 2 adults to sit down and have a healthy debate.

I have no interest in your agenda of trying to escalate things.

Poll: Delap, Flemming, Abraham ? - Which WOULD you have chosen

-2
Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 09:35 - Oct 4 with 362 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 08:59 - Oct 4 by Wolfshead

Great post 👍

I would say that sometimes “face value” is all that’s needed depending on what you are trying to convey.

I was admiring the action. It could have been David Beckham or Putin… it was a good action and what the country needs more of.

I’ve realised this is the crux of the disagreement…

-I admire him for what he has just done and whilst I know about the man and his beliefs… this post is admiring him for what he has just done, not for anything else. The fight against shoplifting.

-Others can’t see beyond the man and admire this one action.

Simple as that really!


Yeah but that's the problem isn't it? If you take this one action on its own, and on face value, then it is great. If you look at the wider picture that his policies led to a greater amount of shoplifting, then you realise he overall has a net deficit in "The fight against shoplifting" and what he's doing here might just be performative bowlocks in order to look good.

Surely you'd prefer robust policies that tackle shoplifting on a wider scale ahead of stopping one shoplifter for the cameras?

Would you see beyond the rogue surgeon who accidentally chopped your legs off and admire him for giving you a good price for your slippers?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.
Blog: Between The Lines 2, The Irreverent PREM Poetry Of ITFC - Match 5 - “The Fat Of The Land”

1
Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 09:40 - Oct 4 with 355 viewsDubtractor

Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 09:35 - Oct 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yeah but that's the problem isn't it? If you take this one action on its own, and on face value, then it is great. If you look at the wider picture that his policies led to a greater amount of shoplifting, then you realise he overall has a net deficit in "The fight against shoplifting" and what he's doing here might just be performative bowlocks in order to look good.

Surely you'd prefer robust policies that tackle shoplifting on a wider scale ahead of stopping one shoplifter for the cameras?

Would you see beyond the rogue surgeon who accidentally chopped your legs off and admire him for giving you a good price for your slippers?


What sort of slippers are we talking about here?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: Are we gonna win tomorrow then?

1
Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 10:03 - Oct 4 with 330 viewsWolfshead

Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 09:35 - Oct 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yeah but that's the problem isn't it? If you take this one action on its own, and on face value, then it is great. If you look at the wider picture that his policies led to a greater amount of shoplifting, then you realise he overall has a net deficit in "The fight against shoplifting" and what he's doing here might just be performative bowlocks in order to look good.

Surely you'd prefer robust policies that tackle shoplifting on a wider scale ahead of stopping one shoplifter for the cameras?

Would you see beyond the rogue surgeon who accidentally chopped your legs off and admire him for giving you a good price for your slippers?


“Surely you'd prefer robust policies that tackle shoplifting on a wider scale”… absolutely
… But in lack of that, stopping thieves in the act should be applauded

If you saw someone stealing your car off your driveway, would you sit and watch them on your Ring doorbell cam and think “I’ll give this video footage to the police and let them investigate in a few weeks time” or would you open up your front door and chase them off?

I’m definitely the latter, whereas most on here appear to be the latter. Each to their own.

Poll: Delap, Flemming, Abraham ? - Which WOULD you have chosen

-1
Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 10:16 - Oct 4 with 307 viewsDJR

Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 10:03 - Oct 4 by Wolfshead

“Surely you'd prefer robust policies that tackle shoplifting on a wider scale”… absolutely
… But in lack of that, stopping thieves in the act should be applauded

If you saw someone stealing your car off your driveway, would you sit and watch them on your Ring doorbell cam and think “I’ll give this video footage to the police and let them investigate in a few weeks time” or would you open up your front door and chase them off?

I’m definitely the latter, whereas most on here appear to be the latter. Each to their own.


Maybe it depends on age, gender and strength.

I've never seen anyone shoplift but when I was younger, I always tried to intervene to help if I saw someone being attacked. Sometimes a mere shout would scare people off, and I tried not to put myself at risk, partly relying on the fact that I was pretty quick, so could run away if necessary.

Now that I am 66, I am not as cavalier as I once was, and there is the added danger these days of someone being armed with a knife. But I would still like to think I would come to the aid as safely as I could of someone being harassed, say, on the tube.

But to be honest, I wouldn't feel so strongly about someone I saw shoplifting as there is no one in immediate danger.
[Post edited 4 Oct 10:21]
3
Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 10:20 - Oct 4 with 290 viewsWolfshead

Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 10:16 - Oct 4 by DJR

Maybe it depends on age, gender and strength.

I've never seen anyone shoplift but when I was younger, I always tried to intervene to help if I saw someone being attacked. Sometimes a mere shout would scare people off, and I tried not to put myself at risk, partly relying on the fact that I was pretty quick, so could run away if necessary.

Now that I am 66, I am not as cavalier as I once was, and there is the added danger these days of someone being armed with a knife. But I would still like to think I would come to the aid as safely as I could of someone being harassed, say, on the tube.

But to be honest, I wouldn't feel so strongly about someone I saw shoplifting as there is no one in immediate danger.
[Post edited 4 Oct 10:21]


Very valid points.

If you feel able to then step in and if you don’t then best err on side of caution 👍

Poll: Delap, Flemming, Abraham ? - Which WOULD you have chosen

0
Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 10:25 - Oct 4 with 277 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 07:59 - Oct 4 by Wolfshead

Fancy meeting up and having a face to face debate on this?


Arf. Should I buy a Balaclava? Or will a Burberry scarf from the market do the job?
[Post edited 4 Oct 10:27]

Poll: If we were to spend £200m would you rather

0
Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 10:31 - Oct 4 with 258 viewsWolfshead

Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 10:25 - Oct 4 by Cheltenham_Blue

Arf. Should I buy a Balaclava? Or will a Burberry scarf from the market do the job?
[Post edited 4 Oct 10:27]


Bore off.

Poll: Delap, Flemming, Abraham ? - Which WOULD you have chosen

0
Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 10:35 - Oct 4 with 238 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 10:31 - Oct 4 by Wolfshead

Bore off.


You're the one inviting people out to meet face to face mate. I just want to know how we'll recognise each other. Be fair.

Poll: If we were to spend £200m would you rather

0
Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 10:38 - Oct 4 with 222 viewsWolfshead

Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 10:35 - Oct 4 by Cheltenham_Blue

You're the one inviting people out to meet face to face mate. I just want to know how we'll recognise each other. Be fair.


I will not let you tarnish my dead friend. He stood up and acted where many wouldn’t and you go and imply he’s some kind of balaclava wearing yob.

Poll: Delap, Flemming, Abraham ? - Which WOULD you have chosen

-1
Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 10:43 - Oct 4 with 197 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 10:38 - Oct 4 by Wolfshead

I will not let you tarnish my dead friend. He stood up and acted where many wouldn’t and you go and imply he’s some kind of balaclava wearing yob.


This is probably the weirdest response I've ever seen.
I'll leave it there, you don't need any more help to look silly.

Poll: If we were to spend £200m would you rather

1
Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 10:45 - Oct 4 with 192 viewsWolfshead

Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 10:43 - Oct 4 by Cheltenham_Blue

This is probably the weirdest response I've ever seen.
I'll leave it there, you don't need any more help to look silly.


An entirely sensible and proportionate response to someone slandering someone’s dead friend.

I was expecting a heartfelt apology incoming… but seems unlikely.

Poll: Delap, Flemming, Abraham ? - Which WOULD you have chosen

-1
Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 10:49 - Oct 4 with 174 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 10:45 - Oct 4 by Wolfshead

An entirely sensible and proportionate response to someone slandering someone’s dead friend.

I was expecting a heartfelt apology incoming… but seems unlikely.


Oh f*** off. Point me to where I 'slandered your dead friend' and I'll gladly apologise.
You're little more than a gas lighting two hat.

Pop me on ignore before you have a aneurism.

Poll: If we were to spend £200m would you rather

1
Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 10:52 - Oct 4 with 159 viewsMullet

Jenrick - Confronting shoplifter on 10:49 - Oct 4 by Cheltenham_Blue

Oh f*** off. Point me to where I 'slandered your dead friend' and I'll gladly apologise.
You're little more than a gas lighting two hat.

Pop me on ignore before you have a aneurism.


I genuinely think this username is not worth the angst or their trolling - especially as they’re being so emotive and trying to poke people all over the place. Weird how a few like this have popped up lately.

Maybe they don’t follow England?

Poll: Which itfc kit do you usually buy
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026