Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Framlingham in the pop music headlines 16:52 - Jan 6 with 1597 viewsSuperfrans

I'm sure Ed Sheeran isn't the most popular on here, but thought you might be interested to know that his new single Castle On The Hill (released today) is all about Framlingham (the castle on the hill, geddit??). Might well be Number 1 next Friday.

Have any other places in Suffolk been immortalised in popular music?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Framlingham in the pop music headlines on 16:54 - Jan 6 with 1583 viewshype313

Portman Road is referenced in this song

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Framlingham in the pop music headlines on 17:07 - Jan 6 with 1534 viewsBLUEBEAT

Poll: W or W

Framlingham in the pop music headlines on 17:11 - Jan 6 with 1511 viewsGlasgowBlue

His other newly released song, Shape of You, is outselling Castle on the Hill.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Framlingham in the pop music headlines on 17:16 - Jan 6 with 1487 viewsclive_baker

I don't mind Ed Sheeran's music but that song is absolutely pony.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Framlingham in the pop music headlines on 17:16 - Jan 6 with 1481 viewsReuser_is_God

Framlingham in the pop music headlines on 17:11 - Jan 6 by GlasgowBlue

I can see why.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Framlingham in the pop music headlines on 17:17 - Jan 6 with 1486 viewsMullet

His debut song was clearly a slightly cynical and mawkish tale based on the Steve Wright murders wasn't it?

Blythburgh innit

Halesworth

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Framlingham in the pop music headlines on 17:31 - Jan 6 with 1433 viewsBackToRussia

God why can't he just pretend he's from London.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Framlingham in the pop music headlines on 17:32 - Jan 6 with 1417 viewsGlasgowBlue

Framlingham in the pop music headlines on 17:31 - Jan 6 by BackToRussia

God why can't he just pretend he's from London.

Like Joe Strummer?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Framlingham in the pop music headlines on 17:33 - Jan 6 with 1409 viewsWeWereZombies

Doesn't just mention the Red Barn at Polstead but Ipswich as a place whereWilliam Corder promises to take Maria to marry her (after he's done the business).

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Framlingham in the pop music headlines on 18:14 - Jan 6 with 1315 viewsBackToRussia

Framlingham in the pop music headlines on 17:32 - Jan 6 by GlasgowBlue

Like Joe Strummer?

He should have bigged up his Byzantine roots would have given Rock the Casbah more legitimacy.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Framlingham in the pop music headlines on 18:25 - Jan 6 with 1286 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Poll: Best Football Song

Framlingham in the pop music headlines on 21:08 - Jan 6 with 1111 viewsitfcjoe

I quite like some of Ed Sheeran's music but that is terrible, all feels so forced and doesn't really go

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Framlingham in the pop music headlines on 22:53 - Jan 6 with 1007 viewsGogs

Saw him at the steamboat about 7/8 years ago, and thought, yeah, he's pretty good at what he does. Didn't think he'd go on to have the career he has done though. He's not my cup of tea, and this song's not exactly great, but have the powers that be thought of trying to get him to play Portman Road? Enough people out there seem to love him, and he clearly loves this area, and seeing as he's sold out wembley stadium before surely he'd be able to do the same here?
Framlingham in the pop music headlines on 23:04 - Jan 6 with 989 viewsvapour_trail

Framlingham in the pop music headlines on 21:08 - Jan 6 by itfcjoe

I quite like some of Ed Sheeran's music but that is terrible, all feels so forced and doesn't really go

I've not had the pleasure until recently then saw him doing a couple of live tunes on the telly.

Not good for the ears, nor the eyes.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Framlingham in the pop music headlines on 23:14 - Jan 6 with 960 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

80's synth king Thomas Dolby wrote this about Shingle Street and the Darkness mention Blythburgh on Black Shuck

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Framlingham in the pop music headlines on 23:33 - Jan 6 with 929 viewsSuperfrans

Framlingham in the pop music headlines on 17:11 - Jan 6 by GlasgowBlue

On iTunes, yes. But the official charts count streams and sales, not just sales.

😉

Framlingham in the pop music headlines on 23:36 - Jan 6 with 916 viewsSuperfrans

Framlingham in the pop music headlines on 22:53 - Jan 6 by Gogs

Saw him at the steamboat about 7/8 years ago, and thought, yeah, he's pretty good at what he does. Didn't think he'd go on to have the career he has done though. He's not my cup of tea, and this song's not exactly great, but have the powers that be thought of trying to get him to play Portman Road? Enough people out there seem to love him, and he clearly loves this area, and seeing as he's sold out wembley stadium before surely he'd be able to do the same here?

He's much too big to do a proper gig at Portman Road ATM. Maybe one day.

He's performed at Latitude several times, but most recently, impromptu late night shows in the woods.

It's remarkable quite how huge he is now. It's probably correct to say he's the biggest British pop act on the planet right now, aside from Adele. And, personally, I think he's the more talented of the two.

Framlingham in the pop music headlines on 23:37 - Jan 6 with 907 viewsSuperfrans

Framlingham in the pop music headlines on 21:08 - Jan 6 by itfcjoe

It's all personal taste, of course. I really like both the new tracks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024