Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be 22:19 - Jan 30 with 2539 viewsElderGrizzly

Fox go with this and no retraction:

This is the real suspect:

An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be on 22:27 - Jan 30 with 2476 viewsEastTownBlue

Meanwhile in the UK ...

An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be on 22:29 - Jan 30 with 2440 viewsJ2BLUE

To not retract that really is amazing.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be on 22:32 - Jan 30 with 2421 viewsWeWereZombies

Just letting the earlier Brass Eye thread leak into this one to bump it back up, but actually from 'The Day Today': Because fact into doubt won't go!

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be on 22:32 - Jan 30 with 2415 viewsElderGrizzly

An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be on 22:27 - Jan 30 by EastTownBlue

Meanwhile in the UK ...

Depressing and so dangerous.

And they wonder why so many 'support' immigration restrictions. Some will only read/see the original and that is mind made up
An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be on 22:45 - Jan 30 with 2348 viewsunstableblue

That Fox News piece is awful.

His spokesman has infuriated the Canadian press by stating (incorrectly like Fox News):

“It’s a terrible reminder of why we must remain vigilant, and why the president is taking steps to be proactive, rather than reactive,” said White House press secretary Sean Spicer on Monday.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2017 22:51]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be on 22:51 - Jan 30 with 2315 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Latest news.... Trump to ban Canadians from entering U.S.(we're making it white/great again)of A.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be on 22:57 - Jan 30 with 2264 viewscaught-in-limbo

"Up to three masked gunmen" now becomes just one. A Moroccan and then a white American. The truth is we don't know who did it. Any news agency which points out the irregularities in the story is labelled "fake" if it deviates from the agreed narrative. Both versions are most probably false. Some people will believe it's more Islamic terror, other's will say it's white supremacy - they'll believe what they want. It divides the population and actually both versions contradict early witness statements (which is usually what happens).

People have little faith in their leaders, not because Putin has single-handedly undermined our faith in our glorious democracy, but because proper investigative journalism is dead and the real crooks are no longer held to account by the media (if indeed they ever were).
[Post edited 30 Jan 2017 22:58]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be on 22:57 - Jan 30 with 2257 viewsWeWereZombies

An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be on 22:51 - Jan 30 by BanksterDebtSlave

Latest news.... Trump to ban Canadians from entering U.S.(we're making it white/great again)of A.

Actually a curious facet of the Muslim travel band is that Canadians with dual nationality are exempted from it, not sure if that message makes it all the way down to the border staff but that what the US have told Canada. And Trudeau is still prepared to condemn Trrump's policy. Perhaps May should have an appreciative look at the performance of her Commonwealth colleague.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Login to get fewer ads

An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be on 23:03 - Jan 30 with 2210 viewsfactual_blue

An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be on 22:45 - Jan 30 by unstableblue

That Fox News piece is awful.

His spokesman has infuriated the Canadian press by stating (incorrectly like Fox News):

“It’s a terrible reminder of why we must remain vigilant, and why the president is taking steps to be proactive, rather than reactive,” said White House press secretary Sean Spicer on Monday.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2017 22:51]

All Fox News is awful.

#murdochisacrook

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be on 23:10 - Jan 30 with 2178 viewsElderGrizzly

An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be on 22:57 - Jan 30 by caught-in-limbo

"Up to three masked gunmen" now becomes just one. A Moroccan and then a white American. The truth is we don't know who did it. Any news agency which points out the irregularities in the story is labelled "fake" if it deviates from the agreed narrative. Both versions are most probably false. Some people will believe it's more Islamic terror, other's will say it's white supremacy - they'll believe what they want. It divides the population and actually both versions contradict early witness statements (which is usually what happens).

People have little faith in their leaders, not because Putin has single-handedly undermined our faith in our glorious democracy, but because proper investigative journalism is dead and the real crooks are no longer held to account by the media (if indeed they ever were).

A lot of it is nothing more than the race to be first with the 'news' right now.

That of course is dangerous in itself, but that is where we now are. Retract after the initial flurry of publicity. Whether Fox, CNN, RT, AlJazeera. They all do it

Really not sure why you have to hijack and patronise almost any thread with Putin, but hey i'd be disappointed if you didn't ;)

Putin loves us anyway 😬

[Post edited 30 Jan 2017 23:12]
(No subject) (n/t) on 23:12 - Jan 30 with 2147 viewsBackToRussia

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be on 23:18 - Jan 30 with 2122 viewscaught-in-limbo

An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be on 23:10 - Jan 30 by ElderGrizzly

A lot of it is nothing more than the race to be first with the 'news' right now.

That of course is dangerous in itself, but that is where we now are. Retract after the initial flurry of publicity. Whether Fox, CNN, RT, AlJazeera. They all do it

Really not sure why you have to hijack and patronise almost any thread with Putin, but hey i'd be disappointed if you didn't ;)

Putin loves us anyway 😬

[Post edited 30 Jan 2017 23:12]

You're claiming something to be fake news when actually you don't know what the real course of events were. I'm saying that the "official story" almost invariably goes against witness statements which the mainstream never follow up, preferring instead to parrot what is decided at a later date, most probably to save their jobs.

No hijacking, just very much on topic, but with a different view to yours.

PS: Nice Edit from you there. You complain at my mention of Putin (though he's not the focus of my comment), you call it hijacking, and then you post a picture of him. Very odd.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2017 23:22]

#toxic

An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be on 23:32 - Jan 30 with 2065 viewsElderGrizzly

An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be on 23:18 - Jan 30 by caught-in-limbo

You're claiming something to be fake news when actually you don't know what the real course of events were. I'm saying that the "official story" almost invariably goes against witness statements which the mainstream never follow up, preferring instead to parrot what is decided at a later date, most probably to save their jobs.

No hijacking, just very much on topic, but with a different view to yours.

PS: Nice Edit from you there. You complain at my mention of Putin (though he's not the focus of my comment), you call it hijacking, and then you post a picture of him. Very odd.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2017 23:22]

We know as much as each other i'd say, just you always start from all media is wrong. A team has been working on this incident over the weekend actually, so have read quite a bit on it to see if any links/threats outside Canada.

The top story has been categorically denied by Canadian Police. I'd say that makes it wrong?

I mentioned your Russia link to gently poke fun and edited as i remembered i'd seen a link today with the Queen and other despot leaders so thought it was fun. Sorry teacher :(

Goodnight. I've had a stressful day :(
[Post edited 30 Jan 2017 23:33]
An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be on 23:45 - Jan 30 with 2025 viewsSwansea_Blue

An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be on 22:57 - Jan 30 by caught-in-limbo

The real crooks ARE the media. Or at least accomplices.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be on 23:45 - Jan 30 with 2023 viewscaught-in-limbo

An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be on 23:32 - Jan 30 by ElderGrizzly

We know as much as each other i'd say, just you always start from all media is wrong. A team has been working on this incident over the weekend actually, so have read quite a bit on it to see if any links/threats outside Canada.

The top story has been categorically denied by Canadian Police. I'd say that makes it wrong?

I mentioned your Russia link to gently poke fun and edited as i remembered i'd seen a link today with the Queen and other despot leaders so thought it was fun. Sorry teacher :(

Goodnight. I've had a stressful day :(
[Post edited 30 Jan 2017 23:33]

I start with a position that all media could be right or wrong.

I'm curious as to why early witness statements nearly always differ from the "official story". I don't know why witnesses so often "invent" the presence of multiple gunmen if that is not true. I accept they could be mistaken in the panic of the moment but it happens all too often.

I'm curious as to why gunmen so often leave passports on the scene, yet often still decide to run away.

I'm curious as to why white supremacists normally get away and but then later get detained, but Islamists nearly always get shot dead by the police, when information about their networks would be of utmost importance to the authorities.

Finally, when I accept that the media is telling the truth, I don't usually feel the need to come on here and say so.

#toxic

An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be on 23:46 - Jan 30 with 2021 viewscaught-in-limbo

An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be on 23:45 - Jan 30 by Swansea_Blue

The real crooks ARE the media. Or at least accomplices.

Which is precisely the point I'm making.

#toxic

An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be on 23:52 - Jan 30 with 1996 viewsbournemouthblue

An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be on 22:27 - Jan 30 by EastTownBlue

Meanwhile in the UK ...

This why the cries of wolf on this from the media are ironic

Perhaps the same scrutiny should be applied to all News Sources, some sort of regulator perhaps?

Our media simply isn't free, in many the narrative is controlled by the right, even the BBC has been assimilated by right wing decision makers

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be on 00:00 - Jan 31 with 1959 viewsSwansea_Blue

An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be on 23:46 - Jan 30 by caught-in-limbo

Which is precisely the point I'm making.

But for different reasons. My experience is that they are too time pressed to do a good job, whereas you think it's part of a master plot. Having seen how the mainstream press have misrepresented stuff I've been involved in, I don't think they have the capacity or governance structure in place to be able to consistently spin the truth according to a higher command. I'm involking Occam's razor on this.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be on 00:07 - Jan 31 with 1943 viewsLord_Lucan

http://rochdaleherald.co.uk/2017/01/27/canada-and-mexico-to-build-border-walls-i

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be on 00:12 - Jan 31 with 1909 viewsjeera

An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be on 00:07 - Jan 31 by Lord_Lucan

http://rochdaleherald.co.uk/2017/01/27/canada-and-mexico-to-build-border-walls-i

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be on 00:23 - Jan 31 with 1864 viewscaught-in-limbo

An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be on 00:00 - Jan 31 by Swansea_Blue

But for different reasons. My experience is that they are too time pressed to do a good job, whereas you think it's part of a master plot. Having seen how the mainstream press have misrepresented stuff I've been involved in, I don't think they have the capacity or governance structure in place to be able to consistently spin the truth according to a higher command. I'm involking Occam's razor on this.

I love the way you tell me what I believe.

My experience is actually very similar to yours. I think I have been misrepresented on 95% of the times I have been featured in or commented to the Press. In every single instance it was neither malicious not part of a big plot. It is normally down to lack of resources, to meet a deadline or simply to make a story more exciting.

That said, I have never been involved in an act of terrorism. It's a different situation then. Terrorism shapes government policy, military/police budgets and is used to instil fear. In these cases the stakes are much higher, and those who plan these events or spin them the way the want are not going to allow a curious hack to derail the narrative.

I'm invoking "if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck" on this.

#toxic

An example of Fake News and how dangerous it can be on 04:20 - Jan 31 with 1742 viewsJohnny_Boy

Weren't you the weekly apologist for M.E.?

Meh
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024