Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last night's starting XI/Next season 08:53 - Feb 1 with 1761 viewsartsbossbeard

Bart - Gone?
Digby - Remainer
Spence - Gone
Chambers - Gone?
Berra - Gone
Knudsen - Remainer
Skuse - Remainer
Bru - Remainer
Lawrence - Gone
Sears - Remainer
Pittman - Remainer?

Didz a goner too?

So, potentially an overhaul of the back line inc keeper plus, potentially, a championship standard attacking midfielder and another striker.

That's some investment needed by Evans right there. Potentially.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Last night's starting XI/Next season on 08:55 - Feb 1 with 1725 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Loans and freebies - Thats Evans MO now.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Last night's starting XI/Next season on 09:11 - Feb 1 with 1672 viewsKieran_Knows

If Mick was to go at the end of the season, and a new manager came in. Based on last night's squad, i'd go with the following;

Bart - Remain
Digby - Gone
Spence - Gone
Chambers - Remain
Berra - Gone
Knudsen - Unsure (not sure whether a new manager could make Knudsen any better than what he is)
Skuse - Remain
Bru - Unsure (again, not sure if a new manager could improve him either)
Lawrence - Gone
Sears - Remain
Pittman - Gone

McGoldrick - Remain
Ward - Remain

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Last night's starting XI/Next season on 09:15 - Feb 1 with 1642 viewsrickw

It's obvious we can't afford quality players, so I'd like a team based around our youth players, obviously they'll have to get over their injury problems!!

_________________Bart
Emmanuel__Webster__Smith__Kenlock
_________________Hyam
__________Dozzell______Bishop
Ward_________________________Sears
______________McGoldrick

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Last night's starting XI/Next season on 10:08 - Feb 1 with 1553 viewsGarv

Why would Bart go? Still under contract isn't he?

I think it's time we thanked Didz for his service and cut him loose. Presumably a higher earner and we get next to nothing out of him, expect tame free kicks into the midriff of the keeper while 3-0 down.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Last night's starting XI/Next season on 10:10 - Feb 1 with 1536 viewsartsbossbeard

Last night's starting XI/Next season on 10:08 - Feb 1 by Garv

Why would Bart go? Still under contract isn't he?

I think it's time we thanked Didz for his service and cut him loose. Presumably a higher earner and we get next to nothing out of him, expect tame free kicks into the midriff of the keeper while 3-0 down.

Why wouldn't he go?

He's proven himself to be a very decent keeper and I'd expect some interest from other clubs come the summer.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Last night's starting XI/Next season on 10:11 - Feb 1 with 1514 viewsTractorCam

Think it's easier to just say next season we're in doodoo

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Last night's starting XI/Next season on 10:12 - Feb 1 with 1508 viewsGarv

Last night's starting XI/Next season on 10:10 - Feb 1 by artsbossbeard

Why wouldn't he go?

He's proven himself to be a very decent keeper and I'd expect some interest from other clubs come the summer.

If he's under contract we have the right to reject bids, as we've done before.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Last night's starting XI/Next season on 10:13 - Feb 1 with 1482 viewsartsbossbeard

Last night's starting XI/Next season on 10:12 - Feb 1 by Garv

Quite correct. You will also note I put a "?" next to his name.

This is to reflect that he may or indeed may not be a town player next season.

Login to get fewer ads

Last night's starting XI/Next season on 10:14 - Feb 1 with 1474 viewstextbackup

What even is Sears anymore? Looks like a council estate kid kicking a tennis ball in the street, such passion to do something but no hope of doing it.

We are slowly becoming a Bradford or Bolton. Sad reality. Tiny crowds, no atmosphere, no hope, no future.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Last night's starting XI/Next season on 10:15 - Feb 1 with 1450 viewsTractorCam

Last night's starting XI/Next season on 10:14 - Feb 1 by textbackup

What even is Sears anymore? Looks like a council estate kid kicking a tennis ball in the street, such passion to do something but no hope of doing it.

We are slowly becoming a Bradford or Bolton. Sad reality. Tiny crowds, no atmosphere, no hope, no future.

It's sad because he is always putting in 100% (not that I count that as an excuse) but it's like all his talent has just been snatched away

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Last night's starting XI/Next season on 10:15 - Feb 1 with 1450 viewschicoazul

It does seem like the current squad have run their race doesnt it. Also how Sears gets in ahead of Didz, who IMVHO should be the first name on the teamsheet if fit, is beyond me. Youre right, gonna need some serious investment from Evans if they want to complete next year.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Last night's starting XI/Next season on 10:15 - Feb 1 with 1451 viewsBarneycurley

Last night's starting XI/Next season on 10:12 - Feb 1 by Garv

But before we had ambition - lets face it if that bid came in for Mcg in this current state and he was valued as at the time we'd bloody snap the fingers off Leicester to let him go.

Things at this club have deteriorated massively in less than a couple of years

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Last night's starting XI/Next season on 10:16 - Feb 1 with 1444 viewsmuccletonjoe

From that team i would keep only bart and chambers. Maybe ine of pitman or sears as back up. Then i would be off to marcus the miser for 30 odd million. And if i didnt get it i would tell him where to shove his job.
Last night's starting XI/Next season on 10:16 - Feb 1 with 1442 viewstextbackup

Last night's starting XI/Next season on 09:11 - Feb 1 by Kieran_Knows

If Mick was to go at the end of the season, and a new manager came in. Based on last night's squad, i'd go with the following;

Bart - Remain
Digby - Gone
Spence - Gone
Chambers - Remain
Berra - Gone
Knudsen - Unsure (not sure whether a new manager could make Knudsen any better than what he is)
Skuse - Remain
Bru - Unsure (again, not sure if a new manager could improve him either)
Lawrence - Gone
Sears - Remain
Pittman - Gone

McGoldrick - Remain
Ward - Remain

The fcking aliens from space jam couldn't make Knudsen better than he is

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Last night's starting XI/Next season on 10:20 - Feb 1 with 1403 viewsclive_baker

Personally I think we need to shift a lot of deadwood out. Keeper situation is fine. If we have 4 CB's of Smith, Webster, Chambers and Taylor I think that's pretty solid. Kenlock left back and a new RB (someone in the David Wright mound - just a good, solid right back who's comfortable with the ball at their feet). Emmanuel for cover. Midfield options of Hyam, Dozzell, Bishop, Ward, McDonell, Nydam. We need 3 quality additions here, in the Lawrence / Williams league including a strong holding midfielder, either perm or on loan. Up top McGoldrick needs to be a regular and fighting fit, Sears, Pitman +1 quality addition. Morris / Moore offering cover.

I'm happy to go with the youth. Wouldn't mind seeing Berra, Douglas, Skuse, Knudsen, Coke, Bru, Best all move on.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Last night's starting XI/Next season on 12:10 - Feb 1 with 1254 viewsZacak

Last night's starting XI/Next season on 10:20 - Feb 1 by clive_baker

Personally I think we need to shift a lot of deadwood out. Keeper situation is fine. If we have 4 CB's of Smith, Webster, Chambers and Taylor I think that's pretty solid. Kenlock left back and a new RB (someone in the David Wright mound - just a good, solid right back who's comfortable with the ball at their feet). Emmanuel for cover. Midfield options of Hyam, Dozzell, Bishop, Ward, McDonell, Nydam. We need 3 quality additions here, in the Lawrence / Williams league including a strong holding midfielder, either perm or on loan. Up top McGoldrick needs to be a regular and fighting fit, Sears, Pitman +1 quality addition. Morris / Moore offering cover.

I'm happy to go with the youth. Wouldn't mind seeing Berra, Douglas, Skuse, Knudsen, Coke, Bru, Best all move on.

Pretty much agree with that. I think the biggest issue is two fold;

1) The modern game requires athletic marauding full backs, Emmanuel and Kenlock look like they could become that but we seriously need more quality from those positions.

2) The heartbeat of a team is it's central midfield pairing and Skuse just doesn't cut it. I appreciate he does have some good attributes but he is too one paced, one dimensional and has no spark. He is flat and this relects on the team as a whole. It's just flat with no energy going forward, lack of movement and lack of pace.
Last night's starting XI/Next season on 12:17 - Feb 1 with 1220 viewsSwailsey

Last night's starting XI/Next season on 12:10 - Feb 1 by Zacak

Pretty much agree with that. I think the biggest issue is two fold;

1) The modern game requires athletic marauding full backs, Emmanuel and Kenlock look like they could become that but we seriously need more quality from those positions.

2) The heartbeat of a team is it's central midfield pairing and Skuse just doesn't cut it. I appreciate he does have some good attributes but he is too one paced, one dimensional and has no spark. He is flat and this relects on the team as a whole. It's just flat with no energy going forward, lack of movement and lack of pace.

What I don't understand is that he had that great run forward last night - genuine pace and looking for others.

He does this once or twice a season - why can't he do it week in, week out?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Last night's starting XI/Next season on 12:19 - Feb 1 with 1204 viewsZacak

Last night's starting XI/Next season on 12:17 - Feb 1 by Swailsey

What I don't understand is that he had that great run forward last night - genuine pace and looking for others.

He does this once or twice a season - why can't he do it week in, week out?

Yeah I noticed that, he attacked the space. I honestly had to do a double take cos I thought 'that isn't Skuse it can't be bloody hell it is'
[Post edited 1 Feb 2017 13:09]
Last night's starting XI/Next season on 12:33 - Feb 1 with 1114 viewsKieran_Knows

Last night's starting XI/Next season on 10:16 - Feb 1 by textbackup

The fcking aliens from space jam couldn't make Knudsen better than he is

Ha, well obviously. But sometimes a new manager has different ideas etc and can improve them on the training ground. Not that I think any new manager could with Knudsen or Bru mind.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Last night's starting XI/Next season on 12:46 - Feb 1 with 1046 viewsRandall

Of the current squad, if we want to transform the team and challenge for Top 10, the following should not be in the squad:

Digby
Spence
Knudsen
Douglas

Berra, Chambers, Sears and Pittman should be on the bench, challenging to be in the first team, not on the pitch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024