Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
None of the big spending English teams make the last 8 in the CL 21:56 - Mar 15 with 1085 viewsoldbluestu

Just proves how spending money doesn't bring success
None of the big spending English teams make the last 8 in the CL on 22:04 - Mar 15 with 1056 viewsgtsb1966

It helps you avoid a relegation battle though.
None of the big spending English teams make the last 8 in the CL on 22:11 - Mar 15 with 1043 viewsFtnfwest

Or being English. Although to be fair that doesn't apply either
None of the big spending English teams make the last 8 in the CL on 22:15 - Mar 15 with 1026 viewshoppy

Although, the English 'Champions' are still in the 'Champions League' so in that respect, it's how it should be anyway.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

None of the big spending English teams make the last 8 in the CL on 22:26 - Mar 15 with 1001 viewsRegencyBlue

Although getting to the Champions League in the first place could be deemed success!
None of the big spending English teams make the last 8 in the CL on 00:40 - Mar 16 with 934 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

None of the big spending English teams make the last 8 in the CL on 22:04 - Mar 15 by gtsb1966

It helps you avoid a relegation battle though.

Other than Leicester..

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

None of the big spending English teams make the last 8 in the CL on 02:55 - Mar 16 with 895 viewsTractorWood

Agreed but barring negligent management it does keep you competitive. My fundamental disagreement with the system is that clubs put loads of money into their academies and they have so very few players who will ever break into their first teams but the academies are used as a massive 'look how amazing our facilities are'. Southampton is the only credible one, arguably.

Firstly, it's ridiculous that these vanity projects are allowed to happen when grass roots is neglected so badly but even worse are the hundreds of lads who are signed by Man City, United, Chelsea on farcical wages whilst in their teens but are unlikely to realistically play football league for a sustainable period let alone Prem. Give someone too much too soon and they lose the hunger.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

None of the big spending English teams make the last 8 in the CL on 07:10 - Mar 16 with 812 viewsgtsb1966

None of the big spending English teams make the last 8 in the CL on 00:40 - Mar 16 by The_Romford_Blue

Other than Leicester..

The original post said big spending. You can't compare Leicester with Man City etc.
None of the big spending English teams make the last 8 in the CL on 07:14 - Mar 16 with 803 viewsBenters

Ok ... who would you rather have Jordan Rhodes or Kieffer Moore ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Login to get fewer ads

None of the big spending English teams make the last 8 in the CL on 07:54 - Mar 16 with 768 viewsnoggin

I don't know why Bayern, Real Madrid, Barcelona etc didn't beat us to sign Moore. A proper coup for big Mick that one.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2017 7:55]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

None of the big spending English teams make the last 8 in the CL on 08:07 - Mar 16 with 739 viewsBenters

None of the big spending English teams make the last 8 in the CL on 07:54 - Mar 16 by noggin

I don't know why Bayern, Real Madrid, Barcelona etc didn't beat us to sign Moore. A proper coup for big Mick that one.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2017 7:55]

Another one of Micks 'Gems '

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024