Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scattering of ashes 17:48 - May 20 with 4076 viewsblindkipper

Evening all, don't post on here normally but it's a regular read while I'm eating my dinner...love the bickering between you guys. Wanted to wait until the season was over because it was depressing enough, I was wondering what the clubs policy was on scattering of ashes at the ground. My younger brother passed away 2 months ago, to get it out of the way he was on heavy medication for his mental health problems and although we don't know yet it was probably an accidental overdose. He was mad tractor boy but couldn't go a lot, the last game we 3 brothers went together was Fulham on Boxing Day (don't think I've seen a worse performance) he listened to "Woolley bender" as he called him every game. He died a week before his 40th birthday and despite his problems it was a shock to us all. Is it something the club would entertain, the subject must have come up before, thought I'd ask on here first before I'm shot down in flames by the club. I did consider going to the last home game and just running on the pitch but I'd rather go through the proper channels...thanks in advance
Scattering of ashes on 17:53 - May 20 with 4032 viewsconnorscontract

Whilst i don't know the answer myself, the Club website lists the Chaplain as Rev Kevan McCormack and his contact details are listed here:

http://www.stmaryswoodbridge.org/contact.htm

I'd talk to him first.
Scattering of ashes on 17:55 - May 20 with 4022 viewsblindkipper

Scattering of ashes on 17:53 - May 20 by connorscontract

Whilst i don't know the answer myself, the Club website lists the Chaplain as Rev Kevan McCormack and his contact details are listed here:

http://www.stmaryswoodbridge.org/contact.htm

I'd talk to him first.

Thank you, I'll do that
Scattering of ashes on 18:03 - May 20 with 4021 viewsLord_Lucan

That sounds all rather sad. Not sure about Ipswich but a lot of clubs won't do it now. My Dad was a Fulham fan and they wouldn't allow it so we took him in a tub and my daughter flashed her ample breasts at a steward and he promised to do it.

I took some of Dad to Brentford as well but forgot about it until the last minute and in a panic chucked him over Artsbossbeard.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Scattering of ashes on 18:11 - May 20 with 3973 viewsblindkipper

Scattering of ashes on 18:03 - May 20 by Lord_Lucan

That sounds all rather sad. Not sure about Ipswich but a lot of clubs won't do it now. My Dad was a Fulham fan and they wouldn't allow it so we took him in a tub and my daughter flashed her ample breasts at a steward and he promised to do it.

I took some of Dad to Brentford as well but forgot about it until the last minute and in a panic chucked him over Artsbossbeard.

Ha ha, I was seriously thinking of just chucking a receptacle of some kind on the pitch, I only want to scatter a little bit because there's a few other places I want to do it...Is it a ban for life if you run on the pitch?
Scattering of ashes on 18:14 - May 20 with 3958 viewsLord_Lucan

Scattering of ashes on 18:11 - May 20 by blindkipper

Ha ha, I was seriously thinking of just chucking a receptacle of some kind on the pitch, I only want to scatter a little bit because there's a few other places I want to do it...Is it a ban for life if you run on the pitch?

Do a stadium tour. My mate is a Rangers fan and they won't allow it. He reckons that everyone does a stadium tour with a load of ashes in their pocket and when on the pitch re-enact that scene from the great escape.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Scattering of ashes on 18:20 - May 20 with 3953 viewsfactual_blue

On Wednesday, when at Shanghai airport returning from China, two of our party revealed they'd also brought their mum with them. Apparently just before she died, they asked her where she'd like to have gone. 'The Great Wall of China' was her reply. So they took some of her ashes with them and scattered them when at the wall.

God knows what would have happened if they'd got caught.

(They were Geordies).

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Scattering of ashes on 18:21 - May 20 with 3937 viewsblindkipper

Scattering of ashes on 18:14 - May 20 by Lord_Lucan

Do a stadium tour. My mate is a Rangers fan and they won't allow it. He reckons that everyone does a stadium tour with a load of ashes in their pocket and when on the pitch re-enact that scene from the great escape.

I've emailed the chaplain, if I get a negative response that's actually a really good idea...thanks 😊
Scattering of ashes on 18:25 - May 20 with 3932 viewsfactual_blue

Scattering of ashes on 18:21 - May 20 by blindkipper

I've emailed the chaplain, if I get a negative response that's actually a really good idea...thanks 😊

Chap I worked with for a while was an Everton fan, as his dad had been. He'd had his ashes scattered at Goodison, and there's a little plaque around the pitch for each of those who've been scattered.

And on the anniversary of the death (or the nearest home match), he gets a free ticket more or less in line with his dad's plaque.

Proper club.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Scattering of ashes on 18:25 - May 20 with 3927 viewsblindkipper

Scattering of ashes on 18:20 - May 20 by factual_blue

On Wednesday, when at Shanghai airport returning from China, two of our party revealed they'd also brought their mum with them. Apparently just before she died, they asked her where she'd like to have gone. 'The Great Wall of China' was her reply. So they took some of her ashes with them and scattered them when at the wall.

(They were Geordies).

Love that 😁..to be honest, I always wanted to do it secretly...less ceremonial, it was a civil funeral, I'd like to keep the scattering the same
Scattering of ashes on 18:33 - May 20 with 3889 viewsblindkipper

Scattering of ashes on 18:25 - May 20 by factual_blue

Chap I worked with for a while was an Everton fan, as his dad had been. He'd had his ashes scattered at Goodison, and there's a little plaque around the pitch for each of those who've been scattered.

And on the anniversary of the death (or the nearest home match), he gets a free ticket more or less in line with his dad's plaque.

Proper club.

that's such a nice thing to do, I'd love us to be a proper club again 😒
Scattering of ashes on 18:38 - May 20 with 3889 viewsPhilTWTD

Scattering of ashes on 18:11 - May 20 by blindkipper

Town did do this at one time and assume they still do. I think they take out a small section of the pitch off the playing surface and insert the ashes. Seem to recall there's a map of where everyone is. Give them a call and I'm sure they'll tell you one way or another.
Scattering of ashes on 18:39 - May 20 with 3874 viewsFixed_It

My mate's ashes were buried in front of the SAR stand a few years back. Think you should be OK.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Scattering of ashes on 18:41 - May 20 with 3837 viewsblindkipper

Scattering of ashes on 18:38 - May 20 by PhilTWTD

Town did do this at one time and assume they still do. I think they take out a small section of the pitch off the playing surface and insert the ashes. Seem to recall there's a map of where everyone is. Give them a call and I'm sure they'll tell you one way or another.

That would be great, thanks Phil 😊
Scattering of ashes on 18:42 - May 20 with 3844 viewsstickymockwell

I know this is a serious thread but your post has this going through my head.
Classic

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Scattering of ashes on 18:42 - May 20 with 3831 viewsJ2BLUE

Scattering of ashes on 18:38 - May 20 by PhilTWTD

My mum's uncle's ashes are/were inserted into the pitch.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Scattering of ashes on 18:42 - May 20 with 3827 viewsblindkipper

Scattering of ashes on 18:39 - May 20 by Fixed_It

My mate's ashes were buried in front of the SAR stand a few years back. Think you should be OK.

That's nice to know, thank you
Scattering of ashes on 18:50 - May 20 with 3809 viewsblindkipper

Scattering of ashes on 18:42 - May 20 by stickymockwell

Classic

Can't believe I haven't got round to watching that film, unbelievable I know..love it, if that happened to me and my other brother, we would be dining out on that for years...and it might cos were scattering some over Gwitnian cliffs in Cornwall 😊
Scattering of ashes on 19:18 - May 20 with 3747 viewsWeWereZombies

Classic

Those were my thoughts as soon as I read Lucan's post.

On the subject of the scattering of ashes glad to see Phil's advice - I can recall this happening in the past. And if they still allow this then somewhat more helpful than the cemetery up Tuddenham Road, a few years back as I scattered my Mother's ashes the goth dogsbody there told me I could only scatter a few - not policy to tip the whole lot onto their special ash scattering lawn!

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Scattering of ashes on 19:37 - May 20 with 3718 viewsStuartBrett8

Classic

We scattered the wifes mum & dad's ashes at west runton beach, the funeral director had blended the two together then split them into two containers. Mrs Brett launched hers first and it was a lovely whisp and drifted along the shoreline. I launched mine and got it all back in my face... drove all the way back to Norwich bashing in laws out of my clothes. They both had a wicked sense of humor so would have found it hilarious.... as my wife did :)

Stop the world, I want to get off
Poll: What should we do with Frank Nouble?

Scattering of ashes on 20:54 - May 20 with 3606 viewsIllinoisblue

Lucan wins the internet again!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Scattering of ashes on 22:57 - May 20 with 3507 viewsLord_Lucan

Scattering of ashes on 18:20 - May 20 by factual_blue

(They were Geordies).

You went on one of those organised trip things? Ha ha you' old tw4t. Ha ha.

You make I laugh.

Scattering of ashes on 23:02 - May 20 with 3499 viewsPaganBlue

Really sorry to hear about your brother - hope you're successful in finding a decent place to scatter his ashes.
Scattering of ashes on 05:49 - May 21 with 3410 viewsblindkipper

Scattering of ashes on 23:02 - May 20 by PaganBlue

Really sorry to hear about your brother - hope you're successful in finding a decent place to scatter his ashes.

Thank you, I'm sure we will
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024