Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS 14:59 - Jun 15 with 25267 viewsMaySixth

can Corbyn shut up and put politics aside for one minute and wait until the emergency services have done their job in Grenfell Tower and cleared the dead?

People died in their beds and still lay there....put politics aside for a minute and show some respect

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 15:19 - Jun 15 with 8225 viewsBlueBadger

A simple 'whilst it's becoming very apparent that there are serious questions to be asked as to why this tragedy was allowed to happen, now, whilst the emergency services are still working is not the time' would suffice, if you really want to get angry about it, at the moment.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2017 15:23]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 15:22 - Jun 15 with 8203 viewsMaySixth

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 15:19 - Jun 15 by BlueBadger

A simple 'whilst it's becoming very apparent that there are serious questions to be asked as to why this tragedy was allowed to happen, now, whilst the emergency services are still working is not the time' would suffice, if you really want to get angry about it, at the moment.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2017 15:23]

Not good.

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 15:31 - Jun 15 with 8169 viewsnoggin

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 15:22 - Jun 15 by MaySixth

Not good.

How about from a serving fireman, too soon?
"Actions speak louder than words ,you and your party have treated us in the fire brigade with contempt.
My crew who got the shout at one am this morning and finally went off duty at five this afternoon will still have to go in duty at eight tonight.
This is because there's no extra resources to cover for them.
They will be like zombies, best of all most will be working part time over the next few days to make up a wage that you've cut every year for eight years now.
So when you're giving out your meaningless praise for our emergency services remember we hold you in total contempt."

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 15:42 - Jun 15 with 8132 viewsBackToRussia

Politics? Yes it is politics how all the conservative MPs who are also landlords voted against updating housing/rental legislation so that people would guaranteed a place to live that is actually habitable for humans.

So Corbyn promising to fix it avoid future catastrophes is off limits?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 15:44 - Jun 15 with 8116 viewsMaySixth

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 15:31 - Jun 15 by noggin

"Actions speak louder than words ,you and your party have treated us in the fire brigade with contempt.
My crew who got the shout at one am this morning and finally went off duty at five this afternoon will still have to go in duty at eight tonight.
They will be like zombies, best of all most will be working part time over the next few days to make up a wage that you've cut every year for eight years now.
So when you're giving out your meaningless praise for our emergency services remember we hold you in total contempt."

Fireman can say what they f++k they want and when, especially if they are dealing with it

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 15:44 - Jun 15 with 8112 viewsMaySixth

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 15:42 - Jun 15 by BackToRussia

Politics? Yes it is politics how all the conservative MPs who are also landlords voted against updating housing/rental legislation so that people would guaranteed a place to live that is actually habitable for humans.

I don't think you get my post.

Both sides can say what they want but not now while the dead remain unfound.

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 15:45 - Jun 15 with 8106 viewsBackToRussia

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 15:44 - Jun 15 by MaySixth

Fireman can say what they f++k they want and when, especially if they are dealing with it

But Corbyn isn't allowed to agree with them?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 15:48 - Jun 15 with 8083 viewsBackToRussia

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 15:44 - Jun 15 by MaySixth

No not really. Politicians of all parties were there today, promising to fix things, which is fair enough really given it was their fault.

The people on the ground are angry and want answers. They've wanted them for years but have been attacked for wanting a safe place to live. It's taken an atrocity for those in power to listen, but at least they are.

Tho I note may refused to talk to any residents.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Login to get fewer ads

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 15:54 - Jun 15 with 8042 viewsGlasgowBlue

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 15:42 - Jun 15 by BackToRussia

The trouble with weaponising a tragedy like this is that it can come back to bite you in the bum.

Like the revelation that the new Labour MP for Kensington was on the board of KCTMO, that carried out the refurbishment.

I would wait until the inquiry has released it's findings before laying the blame in hers or anyone else direction.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 15:55 - Jun 15 with 8033 viewsGlasgowBlue

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 15:31 - Jun 15 by noggin

And they have every right to say that.

However, we are talking about Corbyn blaming the tragedy on government cuts which is an entirely different matter.

Iron Lion Zion

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 15:56 - Jun 15 with 8038 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

He's showing his true colours now, he has no respect. Playing party politics with this is low.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 15:59 - Jun 15 with 8024 viewsmeekreech

Corbyn showing he is absolutely clueless about real life and has no idea how to behave in situations with real people. He lives in a dream world where all problems are caused by the rich and can be solved by throwing money at everything . The man is a walking dinosaur, his failed ideas and behaviour should be consigned to the rubbish heap where they belong.

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 16:10 - Jun 15 with 7974 viewsBlueBadger

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 15:45 - Jun 15 by BackToRussia

But Corbyn isn't allowed to agree with them?

A bit of class is all that's required. Not jumping on the bandwagon faster than Nigel Farage in the wake of a terror attack.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 16:11 - Jun 15 with 7963 viewsgordon

I think they're reporting that that's likely to be matter of weeks in this case.
I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 16:14 - Jun 15 with 7949 viewsGlasgowBlue

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 16:10 - Jun 15 by BlueBadger

A bit of class is all that's required. Not jumping on the bandwagon faster than Nigel Farage in the wake of a terror attack.

That's an absolutely brilliant comparison Badger.

Iron Lion Zion

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 16:15 - Jun 15 with 7943 viewsBlueBadger

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 16:14 - Jun 15 by GlasgowBlue

That's an absolutely brilliant comparison Badger.

Actually, that's a quite a good maxim for life - 'is this something that Nigel Farage would say or do?' when pondering doing something that others may construe as in poor taste, outright offensive or plain unpleasant.

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 16:22 - Jun 15 with 7910 viewsGlasgowBlue

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 16:15 - Jun 15 by BlueBadger

Actually, that's a quite a good maxim for life - 'is this something that Nigel Farage would say or do?' when pondering doing something that others may construe as in poor taste, outright offensive or plain unpleasant.

I'd also add that the recent attacks and the fire have shown that morale is as important as resources. You work in the public sector and have seen your wages frozen for seven years.

It's clear to me that we can no longer run the country on the cheap. At the same time Jeza's polices are completely too far the other way inasmuch as they are unrealistic to cost. They penalise the very people we need to create wealth and will have the opposite effect.

It's time somebody came forward to offer a third way. A government that respects public services and their employees but at the same time encourages wealth creation and growth.

If they can do that, and not invade Iraq, then they'll get my vote.

Iron Lion Zion

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 16:30 - Jun 15 with 7891 viewsm14_blue

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 16:22 - Jun 15 by GlasgowBlue

I'd also add that the recent attacks and the fire have shown that morale is as important as resources. You work in the public sector and have seen your wages frozen for seven years.

It's clear to me that we can no longer run the country on the cheap. At the same time Jeza's polices are completely too far the other way inasmuch as they are unrealistic to cost. They penalise the very people we need to create wealth and will have the opposite effect.

It's time somebody came forward to offer a third way. A government that respects public services and their employees but at the same time encourages wealth creation and growth.

If they can do that, and not invade Iraq, then they'll get my vote.

A million times this.
I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 16:31 - Jun 15 with 7882 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I don't think the Labour party is the only party who will look to make changes to prevent similar events in future!!

....of course that wouldnt prevent them claiming ownership of it.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 16:32 - Jun 15 with 7885 viewsfactual_blue

Who today said people "deserve answers" as to why the fire spread so rapidly and that the inquiry "will give them"?

And who said "the truth has to come out"?

And is there any real difference between the quotes?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 16:34 - Jun 15 with 7859 viewsGlasgowBlue

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 16:15 - Jun 15 by BlueBadger

And he's making further political capital out of this tragedy

“Properties must be found, requisitioned if necessary, in order to make sure those residents get re-housed locally. It is hardly acceptable that in London you have luxury buildings and luxury flats kept empty while the homeless and poor look for somewhere to live.”

Of course these poor people need rehoused PDQ but he has to slip into his Marxist dogma whilst making the point.

Iron Lion Zion

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 16:39 - Jun 15 with 7844 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 16:32 - Jun 15 by factual_blue

Who today said people "deserve answers" as to why the fire spread so rapidly and that the inquiry "will give them"?

And who said "the truth has to come out"?

And is there any real difference between the quotes?

One is far more provocative than the other...

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 16:42 - Jun 15 with 7831 viewsGlasgowBlue

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 16:39 - Jun 15 by Marshalls_Mullet

One is far more provocative than the other...

And Facters has left out the overtly political part of Jezza's statement "If you deny local authorities the funding they need then there is a price that’s paid by the lack of safety facilities all over the country."

Iron Lion Zion

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 16:43 - Jun 15 with 7821 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 16:34 - Jun 15 by GlasgowBlue

And he's making further political capital out of this tragedy

“Properties must be found, requisitioned if necessary, in order to make sure those residents get re-housed locally. It is hardly acceptable that in London you have luxury buildings and luxury flats kept empty while the homeless and poor look for somewhere to live.”

Of course these poor people need rehoused PDQ but he has to slip into his Marxist dogma whilst making the point.

Indeed.

I've voted Labour all my life and always will but FFS on 16:44 - Jun 15 with 7825 viewsgiant_stow

If you lot want to be cross, look at the daily mail and see how they're so keen to mention that the flat it started in was the home of an Ethiopian.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024