Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August 23:40 - Jul 29 with 10988 viewsRimmersBrace

We have 5 league games plus the cup game. I would suggest if we had 4 points or less he will need to be sacked. There is an international break at that point which provides a natural break point.
Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 23:57 - Jul 29 with 8444 viewswkj

I think that would be out of character for ME to act so fast, ME made a conscious decision to back Mick at the end of last season, and probably wouldn't act on anything until october/november time if they get that bad.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2017 23:57]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 00:30 - Jul 30 with 8396 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

I'd like to see it happen, but Evans won't react that early unfortunately. I think the only way MM is leaving before the end of the season is if we're in real trouble of relegation, something which could be a strong possibility by Christmas.
Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 00:39 - Jul 30 with 8376 viewsTractorWood

Been saying stuff like this for 18 months, haven't we? I think his job's been untenable since the new year. I think the screw may turn a bit more after ME has invested some cash this summer, as MM doesn't have the turd polishing arguement to fall back onto.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 02:44 - Jul 30 with 8296 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

If the club had any ambition or idea to rid themselves of McCarthy (before start of new season) they would have done it by now. Put it another way, they're satisfied he's the right candidate to lead us on and it wouldn't be no surprise to see his sorry ass in position going into a new year.

Any owner with a degree of sight and ambition would blatantly see we're making no progress and McCarthy has long outstayed his welcome, but Marcus Evans seems long oblivious to the problem ?

(Bring in a few obscure players, couple of loan deals, adjust to more favorable prices : and everyone's happy... Is that the way it really works here for some ?)
Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 02:52 - Jul 30 with 8281 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 02:44 - Jul 30 by Minneapolis_ITFC

If the club had any ambition or idea to rid themselves of McCarthy (before start of new season) they would have done it by now. Put it another way, they're satisfied he's the right candidate to lead us on and it wouldn't be no surprise to see his sorry ass in position going into a new year.

Any owner with a degree of sight and ambition would blatantly see we're making no progress and McCarthy has long outstayed his welcome, but Marcus Evans seems long oblivious to the problem ?

(Bring in a few obscure players, couple of loan deals, adjust to more favorable prices : and everyone's happy... Is that the way it really works here for some ?)

How would a new manager change anything in your last paragraph?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 03:03 - Jul 30 with 8276 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 02:52 - Jul 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

How would a new manager change anything in your last paragraph?

?

Well er, McCarthy rarely plays to win, shows a total contempt for proper progress, deems a point as good as a victory, often doesn't know his best starting XI, plays 'favorites' too often, and seems insistent having the ball in the air more often than ground level is the best way forward..

Don't get me wrong, caught just about every game last season and if there's any oversights or error in the above then by all means rectify.

Bottom line it's essential the club should have brought in someone with a much higher ambition and drive than what we still possess. Not to kick the individual further while he's down, but Mick McCarthy offers mundane stability : and not a whole lot else.
Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 03:19 - Jul 30 with 8260 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 03:03 - Jul 30 by Minneapolis_ITFC

?

Well er, McCarthy rarely plays to win, shows a total contempt for proper progress, deems a point as good as a victory, often doesn't know his best starting XI, plays 'favorites' too often, and seems insistent having the ball in the air more often than ground level is the best way forward..

Don't get me wrong, caught just about every game last season and if there's any oversights or error in the above then by all means rectify.

Bottom line it's essential the club should have brought in someone with a much higher ambition and drive than what we still possess. Not to kick the individual further while he's down, but Mick McCarthy offers mundane stability : and not a whole lot else.

Yes, but how would a new manager change any of the following...?

"(Bring in a few obscure players, couple of loan deals, adjust to more favorable prices : and everyone's happy... Is that the way it really works here for some ?)"

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 04:16 - Jul 30 with 8216 viewsCurrie10

I read some absolute dross on here and this is perhaps the biggest I've read for a while.

We were bottom of the league and winless after 13/14 or whatever it was and Keane still didn't get the sack that season.

I'll happily bet you a good sum even if we are winless come the end of August, Mick will be here.
Login to get fewer ads

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 06:54 - Jul 30 with 8123 viewstextbackup

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 23:57 - Jul 29 by wkj

I think that would be out of character for ME to act so fast, ME made a conscious decision to back Mick at the end of last season, and probably wouldn't act on anything until october/november time if they get that bad.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2017 23:57]

So fast? You forgetting the last 18-20 months?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 07:45 - Jul 30 with 8036 viewsJimmyJazz

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 04:16 - Jul 30 by Currie10

I read some absolute dross on here and this is perhaps the biggest I've read for a while.

We were bottom of the league and winless after 13/14 or whatever it was and Keane still didn't get the sack that season.

I'll happily bet you a good sum even if we are winless come the end of August, Mick will be here.

Think back to Jewel's last season. If it's that bad - which was absolutely dire - then ME may well act.

That 13/14 game run was Keane's first season. Don't want a club that hires and fires on such whims

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 08:02 - Jul 30 with 7999 viewsBenters

He should have gone after the Lincoln game.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 08:06 - Jul 30 with 7990 viewsOjc

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 08:02 - Jul 30 by Benters

Exactly, out played and out thought by a non league side.
Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 08:20 - Jul 30 with 7941 viewsBenters

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 08:06 - Jul 30 by Ojc

Exactly, out played and out thought by a non league side.

There was a pic of MM after that game and you could see he knew time was running out.

Gentlybentley

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 08:30 - Jul 30 with 7921 viewsHerbivore

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 08:02 - Jul 30 by Benters

Did you think Hughton should've gone from Brighton after they lost to Lincoln too? Or Sean Dyche from Burnley? They didn't even take them to a replay like we did, shameful stuff from them.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 08:32 - Jul 30 with 7910 viewstextbackup

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 08:30 - Jul 30 by Herbivore

Did you think Hughton should've gone from Brighton after they lost to Lincoln too? Or Sean Dyche from Burnley? They didn't even take them to a replay like we did, shameful stuff from them.

You are taking the piss aren't you?

What a weapon

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 08:33 - Jul 30 with 7908 viewsHerbivore

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 00:30 - Jul 30 by backwiththeboysagain

I'd like to see it happen, but Evans won't react that early unfortunately. I think the only way MM is leaving before the end of the season is if we're in real trouble of relegation, something which could be a strong possibility by Christmas.

You'd like to see it happen? I'd like to seen us win our first 5 games personally.

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 08:34 - Jul 30 with 7903 viewsHerbivore

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 08:32 - Jul 30 by textbackup

You are taking the piss aren't you?

What a weapon

Do one.

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 08:35 - Jul 30 with 7897 viewsBenters

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 08:30 - Jul 30 by Herbivore

I dont care about Brighton or Burnley,with MM at the helm another season of dross is waitng to be served up.

I guess you will see it as 'progress' if town finish 15th?

Gentlybentley

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 08:37 - Jul 30 with 7883 viewsHerbivore

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 08:35 - Jul 30 by Benters

I dont care about Brighton or Burnley,with MM at the helm another season of dross is waitng to be served up.

I think we need to be aiming for top 10 this season and anything else should see MM lose his job. Even though we've got a bottom half wage and transfer budget, with another striker this squad should have enough about it for a decent manager to have a run at the top 10.

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 08:38 - Jul 30 with 7877 viewsshamboy

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 08:35 - Jul 30 by Benters

August / September has got to be the worst time to try to recruit a new manager.

However, looking on the bright side, perhaps yesterday was a good omen. We lost 6-1 to Vila the week before our greatest victory in 1978 ;)
Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 08:41 - Jul 30 with 7863 viewsTractorWood

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 08:37 - Jul 30 by Herbivore

I think we need to be aiming for top 10 this season and anything else should see MM lose his job. Even though we've got a bottom half wage and transfer budget, with another striker this squad should have enough about it for a decent manager to have a run at the top 10.

I think our squad beyond the spine is weak and massively exposed to injury. Top 10 would be miraculous.

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 08:48 - Jul 30 with 7828 viewsTractorWood

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 08:38 - Jul 30 by shamboy

August / September has got to be the worst time to try to recruit a new manager.

However, looking on the bright side, perhaps yesterday was a good omen. We lost 6-1 to Vila the week before our greatest victory in 1978 ;)

That was 40 years ago.

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 08:48 - Jul 30 with 7828 viewshoofer

He'll still be here come May job for life under ME.
Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 08:51 - Jul 30 with 7812 viewsHerbivore

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 08:41 - Jul 30 by TractorWood

I think our squad beyond the spine is weak and massively exposed to injury. Top 10 would be miraculous.

I disagree. It won't be easy by any means but miraculous is a huge stretch. Last season was very poor and we were 9 points off a top 10 finish after basically giving up on our last 3 games of the season. It still amazes me that after 15 years in this league people still don't really grasp how tight it is.

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 08:56 - Jul 30 with 7777 viewstextbackup

Realistically, I think Mick could be gone at the end of August on 08:34 - Jul 30 by Herbivore

Do one.

Of all the tits on here you take gold,

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024