Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this 23:40 - Sep 1 with 12461 viewsDolly2.0

I'm still baffled as to why many of you don't find him funny when he's so clearly a ruddy genius, but each to their own I guess.

The whole of this is so cleverly constructed.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 23:49 - Sep 1 with 7552 viewsStokieBlue

I think you've hit the nail on the head here "each to their own I guess".

I didn't think that joke was particularly funny, he seemed to be trying too hard to be clever to me.

But I've never heard of him so maybe all his other stuff is superb, I honestly don't know.

SB
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 23:49]

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 23:59 - Sep 1 with 7531 viewsSwansea_Blue

I like him. Certainly a lot more than having to listen to that guy in the clip with the over-loud forced laugh. He should be banned from all comedy performances, no, make that all public events or places, for life.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 00:02 - Sep 2 with 7524 viewsDolly2.0

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 23:49 - Sep 1 by StokieBlue

I think you've hit the nail on the head here "each to their own I guess".

I didn't think that joke was particularly funny, he seemed to be trying too hard to be clever to me.

But I've never heard of him so maybe all his other stuff is superb, I honestly don't know.

SB
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 23:49]

Which one haven't you heard of?

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 00:03 - Sep 2 with 7521 viewsStokieBlue

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 00:02 - Sep 2 by Dolly2.0

Which one haven't you heard of?

Stewart Lee.

I'll try and watch some stuff when I get a chance.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 00:15 - Sep 2 with 7501 viewsBluearmy71

I'll bite on this one for ya...

Now I am not doubting his creative ability his work is clever but he (for me) comes across as a condescending arse who just thinks he is better than everyone else and combine that with a routine of his where I watched his political persuasion being forced upon everyone watching rather too much for me it went beyond the point of funny to being a complete bore! I think there is a time and place for your political opinions and even though some comedians can pull it off I just find him irritatingly smug when he does/did it.

Overall I can easily take or leave him and I do find some of his stuff funny but I would never go out of my way to watch him.

I'm not really wanting a discussion about him I just wanted to tell you why I don't like him that much.

But I am respectful enough to know that with comedy its like everything else, each to their own! :)
The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 00:16 - Sep 2 with 7494 viewsDolly2.0

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 00:03 - Sep 2 by StokieBlue

Stewart Lee.

I'll try and watch some stuff when I get a chance.

SB

You've never heard of Stewart Lee?!

The Comedy Vehicle series' are very good. My favourite 'show' is Carpet Remnant World... but if you thought the above clip was trying too hard to be clever I don't think you're going to like him.

Give him a shot just in case though.

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 00:31 - Sep 2 with 7473 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 00:16 - Sep 2 by Dolly2.0

You've never heard of Stewart Lee?!

The Comedy Vehicle series' are very good. My favourite 'show' is Carpet Remnant World... but if you thought the above clip was trying too hard to be clever I don't think you're going to like him.

Give him a shot just in case though.

I'd heard of him but he's hardly a big name. A convo on here came up on him once and you were linking loads of material of his to show how funny he was and he just wasn't for me. He comes across very smug for some reason.

I wouldn't watch him if it popped up on the tele. The worst comedia is that tw*t Lee Evans. Geezer is an absolute knobhead.

Micky Flanagan is the best by a mile in my opinion.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 00:40 - Sep 2 with 7466 viewsBluearmy71

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 00:31 - Sep 2 by The_Romford_Blue

I'd heard of him but he's hardly a big name. A convo on here came up on him once and you were linking loads of material of his to show how funny he was and he just wasn't for me. He comes across very smug for some reason.

I wouldn't watch him if it popped up on the tele. The worst comedia is that tw*t Lee Evans. Geezer is an absolute knobhead.

Glad to read I'm not the only one who picked up that smug vibe he has!

And if ya going to post in my Which Comedians Can't You Stand? thread then I know one of your answers :)
Login to get fewer ads

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 00:47 - Sep 2 with 7454 viewsSwansea_Blue

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 00:40 - Sep 2 by Bluearmy71

And if ya going to post in my Which Comedians Can't You Stand? thread then I know one of your answers :)

Definitely has a smug look and I can see why some would think he has a punchable face. I still like some of his work though - his destroying of Paul Nuttall being a particular favourite.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 00:47 - Sep 2 with 7453 viewsbluewein

No offence Dolly, but you did this with Royal Blood. People just like different things.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

on 01:00 - Sep 2 with 7438 views_

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 00:15 - Sep 2 by Bluearmy71

Now I am not doubting his creative ability his work is clever but he (for me) comes across as a condescending arse who just thinks he is better than everyone else and combine that with a routine of his where I watched his political persuasion being forced upon everyone watching rather too much for me it went beyond the point of funny to being a complete bore! I think there is a time and place for your political opinions and even though some comedians can pull it off I just find him irritatingly smug when he does/did it.

Overall I can easily take or leave him and I do find some of his stuff funny but I would never go out of my way to watch him.

I'm not really wanting a discussion about him I just wanted to tell you why I don't like him that much.

But I am respectful enough to know that with comedy its like everything else, each to their own! :)

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 01:24 - Sep 2 with 7419 viewsDolly2.0

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 00:15 - Sep 2 by Bluearmy71

That's fair enough.

I would say, though, the "condescending arse who just thinks he is better than everyone else" is part of the act.

I love it when he abuses the audience, even if I'm one of them.

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 01:34 - Sep 2 with 7408 viewsDolly2.0

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 00:31 - Sep 2 by The_Romford_Blue

You will have different frames of reference to me as you're half my age (at least!), which is fair enough.

Part of SL's act is appearing to be smug, but I understand why some won't like that style.

I'm amazed at your hatred of Lee Evans though. Comes across as such a lovely, unassuming bloke when you hear him talk normally. Seems genuinely surprised and delighted to be where he is and has made the best of his talents. Works very hard too.

Can't for the life of me see why anyone would describe him as a knobhead.

I bet if you bumped into him on a train and got chatting you'd be waxing lyrical about him on here the next day.

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 01:36 - Sep 2 with 7405 viewsDolly2.0

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 00:47 - Sep 2 by bluewein

No offence Dolly, but you did this with Royal Blood. People just like different things.

And I'm fine with that. What's your point?

Feel free to post who you like.

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 01:38 - Sep 2 with 7402 viewsDolly2.0

on 01:00 - Sep 2 by _

That's the problem, I think a lot of people don't realise that (about several comics, not just Stewart Lee).

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 02:06 - Sep 2 with 7384 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 01:34 - Sep 2 by Dolly2.0

You will have different frames of reference to me as you're half my age (at least!), which is fair enough.

Part of SL's act is appearing to be smug, but I understand why some won't like that style.

I'm amazed at your hatred of Lee Evans though. Comes across as such a lovely, unassuming bloke when you hear him talk normally. Seems genuinely surprised and delighted to be where he is and has made the best of his talents. Works very hard too.

Can't for the life of me see why anyone would describe him as a knobhead.

I bet if you bumped into him on a train and got chatting you'd be waxing lyrical about him on here the next day.

But that's the point isn't it? I haven't met him on a train and so can only go by what I know of him. On every chat show interview he's done that I have seen plus about an hour round on the tv round someone's house of him doing stand up, he just came across as a pillock. Proper irritating.

Obviously that's just my opinion though. I'm sure in real life he's just a normal geezer

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 08:43 - Sep 2 with 7261 viewsgainsboroughblue

on 01:00 - Sep 2 by _

This. Lee is actually very self deprecating in interviews.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 08:56 - Sep 2 with 7246 viewsTerry_Nutkins

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 00:40 - Sep 2 by Bluearmy71

The smug bit IS a massive part of his ACT. He's taking the piss. He takes it quite far with his audience sometimes and people actually think he is being serious and leave. He is a genius. Im not saying standing on stage and being smug deliberately is funny but you combine it with the material he is delivering and it fits perfectly. If you go into it thinking he is a birmal man being himself i can understand maybe you just thinking he is a smug tw@t. Its deliberate so give it another go. Its basically a long running in joke i guess. He's sort of playing a characture of himself.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 10:38 - Sep 2 with 7188 viewsBluefish

The bit that I find most intriguing about Lee is that his followers have to go out of their way to tell everyone how funny he is and how they can't understand why people don't see it. They are usually the same people that go out of their way to tell everyone how much they hate Coldplay despite the conversation not being anything to do with Coldplay.

Lee plays up to this sort of person and is effectively taking the p*ss out of them

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 10:38 - Sep 2 with 7187 viewsimsureazzure

Smug smug smug, sums up the pervasive curve of modern Britain.

Echo chamber humour for the hard of individual thinking.

Jim Davidson is the swap for a black man from the 70's, why have the left always got to have a bogey man?
The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 10:43 - Sep 2 with 7163 viewsBlueBadger

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 10:38 - Sep 2 by imsureazzure

Smug smug smug, sums up the pervasive curve of modern Britain.

Echo chamber humour for the hard of individual thinking.

Jim Davidson is the swap for a black man from the 70's, why have the left always got to have a bogey man?

It's always the right-wing 'we hate PC culture' types that really, really HATE jokes, isn't it?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 10:44 - Sep 2 with 7164 viewsBlueBadger

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 01:38 - Sep 2 by Dolly2.0

That's the problem, I think a lot of people don't realise that (about several comics, not just Stewart Lee).

Johnny Vegas' autobiography is fascinating read with regards to the genus of the character.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 10:46 - Sep 2 with 7155 viewsDolly2.0

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 10:38 - Sep 2 by Bluefish

The bit that I find most intriguing about Lee is that his followers have to go out of their way to tell everyone how funny he is and how they can't understand why people don't see it. They are usually the same people that go out of their way to tell everyone how much they hate Coldplay despite the conversation not being anything to do with Coldplay.

Lee plays up to this sort of person and is effectively taking the p*ss out of them

I like the bit where you talk about people talking about Coldplay "despite the conversation not being anything to do with Coldplay", despite the conversation not being anything to do with Coldplay.

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 10:47 - Sep 2 with 7143 viewsBluefish

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 10:46 - Sep 2 by Dolly2.0

I like the bit where you talk about people talking about Coldplay "despite the conversation not being anything to do with Coldplay", despite the conversation not being anything to do with Coldplay.

Bless you snowflake

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 10:48 - Sep 2 with 7137 viewsDolly2.0

The Stewart Lee clip in the un pc joke thread reminded me of this on 10:44 - Sep 2 by BlueBadger

Johnny Vegas' autobiography is fascinating read with regards to the genus of the character.

Cheers, I might have a look at that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024