Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
help trains 11:54 - Aug 29 with 3792 viewstaf123

Me and two friends are heading over to Britain and Ipswich for the game against norwich. The day before we would like to go to London and see Millwall-Birmingham. However, when I search for train times all I get is suggestions that we should go via Ingatestone, Newbury Park and then Liverpool street. What has happened to the train straight to London from Ipswich?

If train to Liverpool street isn´t the most convenient way to get to The Den, please advice me other option.

Thanks a lot, COYB!
help trains on 12:01 - Aug 29 with 3747 viewsWD19

Maybe engineering works? Perhaps consider Ipswich-Stratford-Jubilee line to London Bridge.
help trains on 12:02 - Aug 29 with 3750 viewsSteve_M

Unfortunately there is a whole run of Saturdays with trains replaced by busses. It is utterly painful. It is possible to get a train from Ipswich via Cambridge but often that is not much quicker.

If you end up getting the tube in from Newbury Park then change at Stratford for the Jubilee Line to Bermondsey station and walk from there. It'll be a bit quicker and you could take a detour (a better one this time) for part of the Bermondsey Beer Mile.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

help trains on 12:24 - Aug 29 with 3683 viewsPendejo

help trains on 12:01 - Aug 29 by WD19

Maybe engineering works? Perhaps consider Ipswich-Stratford-Jubilee line to London Bridge.

If going to Millwall then it's Jubilee Line to Canada Water or Bermondsey as ground is walking distance from these stations.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

help trains on 12:26 - Aug 29 with 3677 viewsdalianwasexciting

help trains on 12:02 - Aug 29 by Steve_M

Unfortunately there is a whole run of Saturdays with trains replaced by busses. It is utterly painful. It is possible to get a train from Ipswich via Cambridge but often that is not much quicker.

If you end up getting the tube in from Newbury Park then change at Stratford for the Jubilee Line to Bermondsey station and walk from there. It'll be a bit quicker and you could take a detour (a better one this time) for part of the Bermondsey Beer Mile.

If you get the 0920 to Cambridge you get there at 1025, the 1120 from Cambridge gets you into Kings Cross at 1208

Poll: Our number one goalkeeper going forward?

help trains on 21:13 - Aug 29 with 3491 viewsBluePG

Millwall v Birmingham will be dicey. Is there not another game you could go to?!

Poll: Best Dane?

help trains on 10:24 - Aug 30 with 3366 viewstaf123

help trains on 21:13 - Aug 29 by BluePG

Millwall v Birmingham will be dicey. Is there not another game you could go to?!

There are no Premiership games that day and the only other Championship game is Brentford-Sunderland in London. Millwall-Birmingham is more tempting and easier to get to I guess. It can´t be that dicey for 3 neutral persons who behaves well can it?
help trains on 10:40 - Aug 30 with 3345 viewsPinewoodblue

help trains on 10:24 - Aug 30 by taf123

There are no Premiership games that day and the only other Championship game is Brentford-Sunderland in London. Millwall-Birmingham is more tempting and easier to get to I guess. It can´t be that dicey for 3 neutral persons who behaves well can it?

No EPL gsmes in London on a Saturday, blame Sky.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

help trains on 11:11 - Aug 30 with 3324 viewsITFC_Forever

Brentford - Sunderland would be a decent game to be fair... Brentford play some decent stuff, I'd go to that one given the choice.

Millwall - Brum would be a typical low-on-quality Championship slug-fest, and that's before you consider the Millwall and Birmingham fans.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

help trains on 11:28 - Aug 30 with 3306 viewsnoggin

You'll be fine. The police will be well prepared and if there is any trouble it will be well away from the ground or London Bridge. Trouble outside the ground is often limited to the locals fighting with the police because they are not allowed near the away fans.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2017 13:04]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

help trains on 12:59 - Sep 4 with 3175 viewstaf123

help trains on 11:28 - Aug 30 by noggin

You'll be fine. The police will be well prepared and if there is any trouble it will be well away from the ground or London Bridge. Trouble outside the ground is often limited to the locals fighting with the police because they are not allowed near the away fans.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2017 13:04]

Since I don´t really know which time we will travel to and from London on the saturday can I buy an off-peak ticket and take any train I like? I don´t really understand how the off-peak thing works. What´s the disadvantage with off-peak tickets? Thanks.
help trains on 13:03 - Sep 4 with 3164 viewsnoggin

help trains on 12:59 - Sep 4 by taf123

Since I don´t really know which time we will travel to and from London on the saturday can I buy an off-peak ticket and take any train I like? I don´t really understand how the off-peak thing works. What´s the disadvantage with off-peak tickets? Thanks.

I don't think there are peak times at weekends.

help trains on 13:26 - Sep 4 with 3128 viewstaf123

help trains on 13:03 - Sep 4 by noggin

I don't think there are peak times at weekends.

Do you mean I can take the "Off-peak return" tickets then as it is not busy on weekends or have I misunderstood you? The proposed route is train to Ingatestone, bus to Newbury Park and then it is only mentioned "Transfer" from Newbury to Liverpool Street, what is transfer in this case? Sorry for all the questions and thanks a lot!
help trains on 13:29 - Sep 4 with 3122 viewsITFC_Forever

help trains on 13:26 - Sep 4 by taf123

Do you mean I can take the "Off-peak return" tickets then as it is not busy on weekends or have I misunderstood you? The proposed route is train to Ingatestone, bus to Newbury Park and then it is only mentioned "Transfer" from Newbury to Liverpool Street, what is transfer in this case? Sorry for all the questions and thanks a lot!

Newbury Park is on the Central tube line, which will take you to Liverpool St and beyond in to the centre of London.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

help trains on 13:32 - Sep 4 with 3116 viewsnoggin

help trains on 13:26 - Sep 4 by taf123

Yes, I believe you can buy an off peak return and travel on any train at weekends.

help trains on 13:54 - Sep 4 with 3078 viewsBlueStreak

help trains on 13:32 - Sep 4 by noggin

Yes, I believe you can buy an off peak return and travel on any train at weekends.

This is correct.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024