Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is huge, Maccie D's on strike. 12:54 - Sep 4 with 8915 viewsmonytowbray

http://news.sky.com/story/mcdonalds-staff-in-the-uk-to-strike-for-first-time-ove

It's actually gone ahead. The first time to my knowledge victims of 0 hour contracts have took public strike action.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

This is huge, Maccie D's on strike. on 12:58 - Sep 4 with 5243 viewsWeWereZombies

Burger me...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

This is huge, Maccie D's on strike. on 12:59 - Sep 4 with 5241 viewsfactual_blue

Will this cut down on your eating options?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

on 12:59 - Sep 4 with 5241 views_

This is huge, Maccie D's on strike. on 12:58 - Sep 4 by WeWereZombies

Burger me...

This is huge, Maccie D's on strike. on 12:59 - Sep 4 with 5244 viewsuefacup81

Whilst their stand is laudable, I'm not sure I agree with their demands for £10 p/h.

Maybe it's the wrong way of looking at it, but someone on £10 p/h earns around £20,000 a year, and there are far more deserving people than burger flippers who would love even a sniff of a £20k salary...

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

This is huge, Maccie D's on strike. on 13:01 - Sep 4 with 5228 viewstcblue

This is huge, Maccie D's on strike. on 12:59 - Sep 4 by uefacup81

Whilst their stand is laudable, I'm not sure I agree with their demands for £10 p/h.

Maybe it's the wrong way of looking at it, but someone on £10 p/h earns around £20,000 a year, and there are far more deserving people than burger flippers who would love even a sniff of a £20k salary...

Well, why race to the bottom? Surely capitalism, with its trickle down economics will mean everyone will be better off, not just burger flippers?
This is huge, Maccie D's on strike. on 13:04 - Sep 4 with 5216 viewsJ2BLUE

I know it's not an ideal world but should ANYONE sell their time for £10 an hour? That's before tax and while being 'burger flippers' looked down on by much of society.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

on 13:04 - Sep 4 with 5211 views_

This is huge, Maccie D's on strike. on 13:05 - Sep 4 with 5197 viewsTIB

And from what I heard, they don't even flip the burgers anymore...they have machines to cook them both sides at once!!!

£10/hr is a joke...I'm not a regular to my local Mc D's but when I do pop in, they rarely get my order right.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Login to get fewer ads

This is huge, Maccie D's on strike. on 13:07 - Sep 4 with 5190 viewshomer_123

This is huge, Maccie D's on strike. on 13:05 - Sep 4 by TIB

And from what I heard, they don't even flip the burgers anymore...they have machines to cook them both sides at once!!!

£10/hr is a joke...I'm not a regular to my local Mc D's but when I do pop in, they rarely get my order right.

Stop asking for a Whooper then TIBs.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

This is huge, Maccie D's on strike. on 13:07 - Sep 4 with 5190 viewsReuser_is_God

on 13:04 - Sep 4 by _

Some student is kicking off about this on Twitter.

Said student is currently 'needing a second gap year'

Fcuk off

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

This is huge, Maccie D's on strike. on 13:08 - Sep 4 with 5174 viewschicoazul

This is huge, Maccie D's on strike. on 13:01 - Sep 4 by tcblue

Well, why race to the bottom? Surely capitalism, with its trickle down economics will mean everyone will be better off, not just burger flippers?

how well off do you think people who work in McDonalds would be without capitalism?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

This is huge, Maccie D's on strike. on 13:10 - Sep 4 with 5154 viewsBenters

This is huge, Maccie D's on strike. on 13:07 - Sep 4 by Reuser_is_God

Fcuk off

Nice work if you can get it .

Labour voter no doubt?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

on 13:11 - Sep 4 with 5160 views_

This is huge, Maccie D's on strike. on 13:07 - Sep 4 by Reuser_is_God

Fcuk off

This is huge, Maccie D's on strike. on 13:14 - Sep 4 with 5138 viewsJ2BLUE

on 13:11 - Sep 4 by _

It's just a case of most people on more than £10 an hour have no interest in seeing other people get a fair wage. God forbid their expenses go up a little bit. Much better to just happily accept people like McDonalds workers earning peanuts.

Me ME ME

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This is huge, Maccie D's on strike. on 13:14 - Sep 4 with 5135 viewstcblue

This is huge, Maccie D's on strike. on 13:08 - Sep 4 by chicoazul

how well off do you think people who work in McDonalds would be without capitalism?

Spiritually, they would be close to 100% better off, as would most people working jobs they don't enjoy.

Is that cheating? The older I get, the less I give a stuff about money, I'm sure at one point I too equated it with happiness, but I do know, with all else being equal, someone working guaranteed 40 hours a week for £10 an hour would be happier than someone working irregular patterns of 40 hours per week for £9 per hour
This is huge, Maccie D's on strike. on 13:14 - Sep 4 with 5134 viewsblue_oyster

This could be the first example of a strike being a good thing.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

This is huge, Maccie D's on strike. on 13:15 - Sep 4 with 5113 viewschicoazul

This is huge, Maccie D's on strike. on 13:14 - Sep 4 by tcblue

Spiritually, they would be close to 100% better off, as would most people working jobs they don't enjoy.

Is that cheating? The older I get, the less I give a stuff about money, I'm sure at one point I too equated it with happiness, but I do know, with all else being equal, someone working guaranteed 40 hours a week for £10 an hour would be happier than someone working irregular patterns of 40 hours per week for £9 per hour

You're probably right but that doesn't answer my question. Capitalism does more to lift people out of poverty than any other system in history.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

on 13:18 - Sep 4 with 5101 views_

This is huge, Maccie D's on strike. on 13:14 - Sep 4 by blue_oyster

This could be the first example of a strike being a good thing.

on 13:18 - Sep 4 with 5090 views_

This is huge, Maccie D's on strike. on 13:15 - Sep 4 by chicoazul

You're probably right but that doesn't answer my question. Capitalism does more to lift people out of poverty than any other system in history.

This is huge, Maccie D's on strike. on 13:19 - Sep 4 with 5080 viewshomer_123

This is huge, Maccie D's on strike. on 13:14 - Sep 4 by J2BLUE

It's just a case of most people on more than £10 an hour have no interest in seeing other people get a fair wage. God forbid their expenses go up a little bit. Much better to just happily accept people like McDonalds workers earning peanuts.

Me ME ME

[Post edited 4 Sep 2017 13:20]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

This is huge, Maccie D's on strike. on 13:19 - Sep 4 with 5072 viewschicoazul

on 13:18 - Sep 4 by _

True say fam.

This is huge, Maccie D's on strike. on 13:20 - Sep 4 with 5061 viewsblue_oyster

on 13:18 - Sep 4 by _

Well misinterpreted (as usual). The strike itself, not the effect of the strike.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

on 13:20 - Sep 4 with 5054 views_

This is huge, Maccie D's on strike. on 13:19 - Sep 4 by chicoazul

True say fam.

This is huge, Maccie D's on strike. on 13:20 - Sep 4 with 5043 viewsBenters

This is huge, Maccie D's on strike. on 13:14 - Sep 4 by J2BLUE

Me ME ME

Yeah pull the ladder up Jack im onboard that sort of thing?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

This is huge, Maccie D's on strike. on 13:21 - Sep 4 with 5043 viewstcblue

This is huge, Maccie D's on strike. on 13:15 - Sep 4 by chicoazul

I would counter that capitalism (or at least influencial capitalists) has a huge vested interest in keeping people in poverty.

Without getting all Steinbeck up in this biyatch, the belief in a system where anyone can bootstrap their way out of poverty is crazy powerful. And codswallop
[Post edited 4 Sep 2017 13:23]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024